Author Topic: Report: Donald Trump Pressing to Reopen U.S. by May 1  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Report: Donald Trump Pressing to Reopen U.S. by May 1
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2020, 01:21:00 am »
Way past time.  We're not a cowardly nation and what we are doing is very cowardly.

Agree with this ... enough is enough.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2020, 01:21:20 am »
Connecticut numbers for the past 7 days:

infected     daily   deaths   daily
                  inc                  inc
5,276   362      165    33
5,675   399      189   24
6,906   1,231   206   17
7,781   875      277   71
8,781   1,000   335   58
9,784   1,003   380   45
10,538   754      448   68
11,510   972      494   46

Are we ready to re-open yet..?

Number of non Corona Virus deaths in Connecticut since Jan 1, 2020:

Should we close down the whole state for the rest of the year based on that number?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2020, 01:43:43 am »
The reopen now vs. prudent wait issue defines us.
Leaving sanctimony aside, its Fat-wallet Materialism vs. the Power of Nature.
And who are the deciders? Why our political jackasses of course.

Offline bilo

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2020, 02:02:43 am »
Some of that is simply catching up with testing and reporting. It doesn't really match what's going on in terms of hospitalizations, which have leveled off and should start declining. But as states continue to push "test, test, test," it'll make it look as if cases are still doubling. They haven't been for a while.

That's what makes me scratch my head about all this push for testing. It gives a false sense of what's actually going on.

888high58888

Also, the CDC is reporting that in 90% of the hospitalizations the patient had pre-existing conditions. We know who the most vulnerable are and there are treatments available. We should get out of this shut down stuff in the next couple weeks before more lives are destroyed.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2020, 02:06:26 am »
I would rebut with why don't you take a look at Sweden and their infection rates, deaths and recovery since they didn't commit economic suicide by shutting down instead of presenting China who lies like a dog as an example.

Also, in Sweden the ares hit the hardest are in the "no go" suburbs where there is higher density and health care is not as good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2020, 02:18:55 am »
"Fat People"  Stay at Home Orders shouldd clear up this problem.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2020, 02:31:52 am »

What I worry about are the kids who are stuck and adjusting to this life at home and when it ends they will be confused at why they have to go back to school or daycares.
My heart also hurts for those that school was their safe space
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2020, 02:39:41 am »
Quite a few states have over 10,000 cases -- how as governor do you keep the hot spots closed and allow the rest of the state to function?  That won't work.  It would be foolish for LA, MI, TX, FL, NY, NJ, IL, PA, MA, CA to open before they see a vast reduction in cases and deaths. Setting any date is foolish. The country isn't going to see a reduction all at once. There are a handful of states with less than 500 cases -- let them get back to work.  The rest will need to wait to open when they see a substantial reduction.

I agree some states are not ready.  It would be irresponsible to open up New York.

I think they can do a common sense opening in other states.  Like allow businesses to open but practice safety.  There are many small businesses that have few people.  We need to protect them from going out of business.  Also open up the trails and state parks for goodness sakes.  Depression and lack of good healthy activity will make people sick.  You can hike a trail and turn around while people pass.  Wear masks when others are around.  But to close a beach that people walk?  That's good for them. 

If we don't do something soon many people will succumb to depression because the hopelessness and anxiety caused by this.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2020, 02:43:24 am »
What I worry about are the kids who are stuck and adjusting to this life at home and when it ends they will be confused at why they have to go back to school or daycares.

They need fresh air and exercise.  Not stuck at home playing video games.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2020, 02:47:28 am »
I agree some states are not ready.  It would be irresponsible to open up New York.

I think they can do a common sense opening in other states.  Like allow businesses to open but practice safety.  There are many small businesses that have few people.  We need to protect them from going out of business.  Also open up the trails and state parks for goodness sakes.  Depression and lack of good healthy activity will make people sick.  You can hike a trail and turn around while people pass.  Wear masks when others are around.  But to close a beach that people walk?  That's good for them. 

If we don't do something soon many people will succumb to depression because the hopelessness and anxiety caused by this.

I wonder if someone commits suicide during the social distancing if it will be considered a Colvin-19 fatality or what it is?
My heart does go out those those suffering or even their families for having to be strong for their loved ones.
Democracy is the worse form of government known to man, with the exception of every other form of government known to man.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Absalom

« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2020, 02:58:01 am »
-------------------------------------
Gemma, a reflection.
Adversity is one of life's greatest teachers as it measures Man's character.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2020, 03:00:44 am »

I wonder if someone commits suicide during the social distancing if it will be considered a Colvin-19 fatality or what it is?
My heart does go out those those suffering or even their families for having to be strong for their loved ones.

Mine too.  Welcome to TBR @Gemmarose!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:04:49 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2020, 04:21:38 am »

Matt Strauss, MD
@strauss_matt
·
Apr 10
Just for perspective, I work in a 21 bed ICU. We have 4 patients, currently. Absolutely unprecedented.

This means we are putting people out of work and cancelling outpatient health care for no good reason.

We need to start loosening the lockdown.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2020, 05:36:47 am »

"Fat-wallet materialism" is a poor way to identify it. A more even-handed name would be 'livelihood'.

Businesses are already folding up. Jobs are being lost. People need to pay their bills, and that is just a fact.

It's planting time. Like right NOW. Whole industries need to be running to support that, and if that seed don't get in the ground now, there will be no harvest.That effects vegetables you eat, cows, chickens,  and other livestock you eat. No toilet paper? That's sawyers and pulp mills, truck drivers and warehouses before it even gets to Charmin's factory, not to mention the distribution networks downstream from there.

To call that 'Fat-wallet materialism' is ridiculous. It's getting desperate already... Another month of this means no harvest, and thousands upon thousands of small businesses destroyed. That is grievous long term pain.

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2020, 05:45:28 am »
-------------------------------------
Gemma, a reflection.
Adversity is one of life's greatest teachers as it measures Man's character.

Very true
-Winston Churchill

Offline Gemmarose

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2020, 05:46:49 am »
Mine too.  Welcome to TBR @Gemmarose!

Thank you so much and love your picture too
-Winston Churchill

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2020, 04:10:51 pm »

Matt Strauss, MD
@strauss_matt
·
Apr 10
Just for perspective, I work in a 21 bed ICU. We have 4 patients, currently. Absolutely unprecedented.

This means we are putting people out of work and cancelling outpatient health care for no good reason.

We need to start loosening the lockdown.
I visited a hospital and clinic last week for my wife to get her cancer shots.

Nobody there but doctors, nurses and staff.  No patients but my wife and one other.

The healthcare industry is shutting down as I read a hospital in Oklahoma closed due to lack of patients.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bilo

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2020, 05:20:50 pm »
Well now I guess we know how easy it was to intern Japanese-Americans during WWII. All the govt has to do is say it's for public safety and the constitution be damned.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2020, 08:43:43 pm »
"Fat-wallet materialism" is a poor way to identify it. A more even-handed name would be 'livelihood'.
Businesses are already folding up. Jobs are being lost. People need to pay their bills, and that is just a fact.
It's planting time. Like right NOW. Whole industries need to be running to support that, and if that seed don't get in the ground now, there will be no harvest.That effects vegetables you eat, cows, chickens,  and other livestock you eat. No toilet paper? That's sawyers and pulp mills, truck drivers and warehouses before it even gets to Charmin's factory, not to mention the distribution networks downstream from there.
To call that 'Fat-wallet materialism' is ridiculous. It's getting desperate already... Another month of this means no harvest, and thousands upon thousands of small businesses destroyed. That is grievous long term pain.
-----------------------------
Fair enough, as all opinions are worthy; yet your comments make my point.
Driven by emergent Capitalism, the 18th century Enlightenment asserted that
material betterment was Man's higher calling during his life.
As a consequence, this revolutionary change elbowed into the background
attitudes/behaviors having a prominent spiritual essence which had existed
in Man's psyche since his first days, multiple thousands of years past.
This reality is reflected in the relenthless yip-yap generated by this pandemic,
which is all about how much "stuff" one has/doesn't have.
One has only to compare the so called "art" we moderns produce and compare
it to that of those preceding us to understand what the loss of spiritual
sensibilities has made us become.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2020, 09:07:56 pm »
-----------------------------
Fair enough, as all opinions are worthy; yet your comments make my point.
Driven by emergent Capitalism, the 18th century Enlightenment asserted that
material betterment was Man's higher calling during his life.
As a consequence, this revolutionary change elbowed into the background
attitudes/behaviors having a prominent spiritual essence which had existed
in Man's psyche since his first days, multiple thousands of years past.
This reality is reflected in the relenthless yip-yap generated by this pandemic,
which is all about how much "stuff" one has/doesn't have.
One has only to compare the so called "art" we moderns produce and compare
it to that of those preceding us to understand what the loss of spiritual
sensibilities has made us become.

That's right, more or less. I am already conversant with spiritual matters, and what fasting (as an instance) ca bring. Where spirit and discipline meet the material world is a matter to discuss, but not when the wolf is at the door.

Were we to dial things back to the '60's you would have a point. back then there was a vegetable garden in most suburban homes and local butchers had meat on hand in the freezer. Industry had local warehouses and any town had steel and other goods on hand in vast quantity.

That is no longer the case. EVERYTHING relies on distribution. Everything.

This quarantine is unsustainable in real time because distribution is in real time (JIT).

Now, if you want to talk about how we got caught with our pants down because of that real-time distribution, and that folks are left without option because of it, that businesses and even towns will tip over because of it, that'd be fine. That we should move back to a better system that leaves options in place in a prolonged crisis is the primary lesson here.

But times of trouble REQUIRE options. Country folk know that. They live close to the land, grow all their food, work in a low income environment that promotes hardiness and the ability to tighten the belt as it were... But that is because they put up for the bad times.

It's like walking off into the woods bare nekkid in the middle of winter with the intention of making do - You won't make do. You'll die. You'll die hard. And no amount of spirit or hardiness or discipline will change that.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2020, 10:55:33 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Governors, get your states testing programs & apparatus perfected. Be ready, big things are happening. No excuses! The Federal Government is there to help. We are testing more than any country in the World. Also, gear up with Face Masks!

2:43 PM - 12 Apr 2020

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249453028178001920

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2020, 11:38:04 pm »

I saw a top story on Bing this evening about a young 16 year old girl in California who suicided this weekend because she couldn’t take quarantine anymore. I couldn’t read past the headline, I would have started to cry. I’m almost cried out at this point to where I’m numb.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2020, 11:53:44 pm »
I saw a top story on Bing this evening about a young 16 year old girl in California who suicided this weekend because she couldn’t take quarantine anymore. I couldn’t read past the headline, I would have started to cry. I’m almost cried out at this point to where I’m numb.
Ugh.

Here in our neck of the woods, opioid overdoses have jumped. It is, seriously, getting close to the point where the cure is worse than the disease.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2020, 11:57:08 pm »
Connecticut numbers for the past 7 days:

infected     daily   deaths   daily
                  inc                  inc
5,276   362      165    33
5,675   399      189   24
6,906   1,231   206   17
7,781   875      277   71
8,781   1,000   335   58
9,784   1,003   380   45
10,538   754      448   68
11,510   972      494   46

Are we ready to re-open yet..?

If the active cases are still increasing, then the shutdown is a catastrophic waste of resources.  We aren't going to lock people in their homes all summer.  The government needs to change its approach by the end of April.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 12:03:16 am »
Ugh.

Here in our neck of the woods, opioid overdoses have jumped. It is, seriously, getting close to the point where the cure is worse than the disease.

Us generation X'ers were built for this.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021