Author Topic: Trump team wrestles with the risk of a second pandemic wave after ‘reopening’  (Read 384 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump team wrestles with the risk of a second pandemic wave after ‘reopening’
by Cassidy Morrison
 | April 10, 2020 12:00 AM

The White House has begun working through the problem of trying to facilitate a return to normal for parts of the country without seeing the coronavirus pandemic roar back the way it has spread in the past weeks.

President Trump has not yet laid out any plans for "reopening" the economy. But the administration is giving hints about how it’s trying to think through the issue.

One part of the approach is a new coronavirus task force focused on the problem, working independently of the task force now focused on halting the spread of the disease. Some of the names being floated for the group are Ivanka Trump, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, and former chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers Kevin Hassett. Insiders told the Washington Examiner that leaders from the private sector, sports, and entertainment worlds will comprise the new task force.

Vice President Mike Pence said in a press briefing Thursday evening that “there’s a number of working groups that are looking at, not only how do we reopen the country, but how do we stay open?”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-team-wrestles-with-the-risk-of-a-second-pandemic-wave-after-reopening
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
UNTIL THEY DO A LARGE SAMPLING OF THE POPULATION TO DETERMINE THE LEVEL OF INFECTION WITHIN THE POPULATION, ANY DECISION THEY MAKE IS A SHOT IN THE DARK.

THERE IS NO DOUBT THE TRUMP HATERS ARE HAVING A FIELD DAY DRAGGING THEIR FEET IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE TRUMP LOOK BAD.

THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE AN ANTIBODY TEST APPROVED TO DEVELOP A LARGE SCALE TEST OF THE GENERAL POPULATION.  THAT TEST IS AT BEST ONE MONTH AWAY, SO DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR THE ECONOMY BEING OPENED UP AGAIN ANY TIME SOON.  I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF WE OPEN BY JUNE 1.

Does anyone on TBR have an idea how many would need to be tested to make a sound determination of the level of infection within the country?  Would it be tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions?  I honestly do not know what that number is, but without the testing, these jokers are shooting in the dark.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
UNTIL THEY DO A LARGE SAMPLING OF THE POPULATION TO DETERMINE THE LEVEL OF INFECTION WITHIN THE POPULATION, ANY DECISION THEY MAKE IS A SHOT IN THE DARK.

THERE IS NO DOUBT THE TRUMP HATERS ARE HAVING A FIELD DAY DRAGGING THEIR FEET IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE TRUMP LOOK BAD.

THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE AN ANTIBODY TEST APPROVED TO DEVELOP A LARGE SCALE TEST OF THE GENERAL POPULATION.  THAT TEST IS AT BEST ONE MONTH AWAY, SO DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR THE ECONOMY BEING OPENED UP AGAIN ANY TIME SOON.  I WOULD BE SURPRISED IF WE OPEN BY JUNE 1.

Does anyone on TBR have an idea how many would need to be tested to make a sound determination of the level of infection within the country?  Would it be tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions?  I honestly do not know what that number is, but without the testing, these jokers are shooting in the dark.

Fearless prediction:  If Trump extends the restrictions another month, then the voters will not extend his Presidency.  Mickey Mouse would be able to beat him in November.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There probably will be. The question is one of will America be ready for it? Will we have developed and or identified the pharmacological regimens and social protocols necessary to reduce the extent and treat the disease effectively, with alternative therapies for those who cannot take the likely primary one.

If we do good science, and a sh*tload less political maneuvering, then there is a solid chance that subsequent waves will be far less lethal and less of a burden, not only for individual patients, but the economy as well.

Perhaps someday there will be a vaccine, but developing effective treatment is the road to herd immunity at this point.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis