Author Topic: Mexico’s Environmental Activists Killed for Resisting Infrastructure Projects  (Read 412 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Mexico’s Environmental Activists Killed for Resisting Infrastructure Projects
Chris Dalby

A new report has found that 86 environmental activists have been killed in Mexico since 2012, with a third of the killings linked to energy projects — an alarming fact as new development ramps up.

Of the 500 attacks against environmental activists documented between 2012 and 2019, nearly 150 were linked to their protesting energy projects, according to a report by the Mexican Center for Environmental Rights (Centro Mexicano de Derecho Ambiental – CEMDA). About 70 attacks were tied to the mining industry.

While violence against the activists took place nationwide, the southern state of Oaxaca saw the largest share of attacks, with 85 instances of violence against activists in seven years.

Read more at: https://www.insightcrime.org/news/brief/mexico-environmental-activists-killed/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
While this story may bring a macabre smile to some because of the nature of the victims, it is still reprehensible. Yet a simple Google search for 'mass graves found in Mexico' will reveal that these Mexican environmental activists are not even the tip of the fingernail of murder victims in that third world cesspool of corruption, so sadly their moral imperative fail to make them special.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
While this story may bring a macabre smile to some because of the nature of the victims, it is still reprehensible. Yet a simple Google search for 'mass graves found in Mexico' will reveal that these Mexican environmental activists are not even the tip of the fingernail of murder victims in that third world cesspool of corruption, so sadly their moral imperative fail to make them special.

It's another news story like any other. Not all stories have to be about drug smugglers.

The number of illegal aliens killed is probably small compared to that of the victims of the Cartel wars. Is one sugggesting we don't pay attention to illegal aliens? I know, they come into the USA; but this is world news.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

It's another news story like any other. Not all stories have to be about drug smugglers.

The number of illegal aliens killed is probably small compared to that of the victims of the Cartel wars. Is one sugggesting we don't pay attention to illegal aliens? I know, they come into the USA; but this is world news.
[/b]
@TomSea

First, where did I say anything about illegal aliens? You may have misconstrued my comment direct at environmentalists. Second, or should it have been first, I truly appreciate the time and effort you put into researching and posting. Third, just speaking for me, while the loss of life is a tragedy I am not my brothers keeper, nor should America be expected to be. We have sacrificed to many of our men and women to religious wars in third world countries that will never end until one faction or the other is completely eliminated, this is a lesson from history too many refuse to see. This is why Hungary built a wall to keep out and refuses to accept new moslem invaders, they learned from history. Bottom line yes it's sad what is happening in Mexico, but if the Mexican peoples rallied together to fight for a better nation instead of accepting what is going on as the normal things would change.

Fourth, I had/have no intention of getting into a hostile exchange with you, I respect your reasoned posts, efforts and passion too much.