Author Topic: Spain to implement universal basic income in response to coronavirus — and the change will be perman  (Read 516 times)

Offline libertybele

Spain to implement universal basic income in response to coronavirus — and the change will be permanent

Spain is responding to the coronavirus crisis with a plan to launch a universal basic income program in the near future, Forbes reported, but the program isn't just for the pandemic — it will become permanent, Spain's Economy Minister Nadia Calvino said.

What's the story? Spain, like other nations whose economies have been devastated by the coronavirus-related shutdowns, passed a stimulus package to ease the disruption. Measures include pausing all mortgage payments and giving money to businesses that are struggling.

The next step is a universal basic income that Calvino said is a direct response to the coronavirus emergency, but which will also remain after COVID-19 has passed......

................Spain using an emergency to implement a drastic, permanent policy change like universal basic income is an example of what some in the U.S. fear politicians will attempt to do.

California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom said last week that he views the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity to move toward a new "progressive era." South Carolina Democratic Rep. Jim Clyburn said last month that the crisis presented a chance for Democrats to "restructure things to fit our vision."....................

https://www.theblaze.com/news/spain-to-implement-universal-basic-income-in-response-to-coronavirus-and-the-change-will-be-permanent#new_tab

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How awful is journalism?

No mention of "Spain's" the currency or how much per period.

Jumps from Spain, the title of the story,

to Calif. Gov. Newsome, and to So Carolina

No mention of other places it is now in use

No mention of the process to implement it for Spain

No mention of how it would integrate wiithin EU, as Spain is a member sharing the Ruro currency

FYI from the inception, the EU (Formerly European Common Market) was opposed by many because they felt the richer north-central powers (France, Germany, Holland) would subsidize the poorer, Southern nation members (Italy, Spain, Greece etc.

Therefore I have doubts Spain can use the common currency Euro without approval of the member states

In fact some voices state the Virus might break up the EU,  because the purposes have grown to betoo much.

Schengen makes open borders, for muslim migrants and exotic communicable diseases

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mortarman

Everyplace this has been done has been an utter failure.

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How awful is journalism?

No mention of "Spain's" the currency or how much per period.

Jumps from Spain, the title of the story,

to Calif. Gov. Newsome, and to So Carolina

No mention of other places it is now in use

No mention of the process to implement it for Spain

No mention of how it would integrate wiithin EU, as Spain is a member sharing the Ruro currency

FYI from the inception, the EU (Formerly European Common Market) was opposed by many because they felt the richer north-central powers (France, Germany, Holland) would subsidize the poorer, Southern nation members (Italy, Spain, Greece etc.

Therefore I have doubts Spain can use the common currency Euro without approval of the member states

In fact some voices state the Virus might break up the EU,  because the purposes have grown to betoo much.

Schengen makes open borders, for muslim migrants and exotic communicable diseases

Fearless Prediction:  Spain wants to be the next Greece.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: