Author Topic: 'This Is Not Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia Where You Are Asked For Your Papers!' Says Maine Sheriff  (Read 584 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Maine's Franklin County Sheriff Scott Nichols has a strong message for the Governor of Maine, Janet Mills, who issued "stay-at-home" orders with threats of police punishment if not followed. Sheriff Nichols issued a statement on the Franklin County Facebook page saying in no uncertain terms he will not follow the unconstitutional order.

"We will not be setting up a Police State. PERIOD," he wrote. "The Sheriff’s Office will not purposefully go out and stop vehicles because they are on the road or stop and ask why people are out and about. To do so puts our officers at risk. This is not Nazi Germany or Soviet Russia where you are asked for your papers!"

The sheriff's announcement comes as a welcome sign to Americans who have been arrested for inane things like praying outside, surfing, or trying to drive to work. Someone has to stand up to the unconstitutional directives that are being handed down daily by government officials and it will fall on the sheriffs to uphold what they know to be their legal and lawful duties, none of which involve trampling the rights of citizens.

"Please use common sense during this executive order. We are more interested in the safety and well-being of the public as well as our officers at this time. With that being said, we are sworn to uphold the Constitution and laws of the State - for any unlawful act/situation, arrestees will be taken into custody and transported for fingerprinting and bail."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/rebellion-this-is-not-nazi-germany-or-soviet-russia-where-you-are-asked-for-your-papers-says-maine-sheriff/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Wow, that's a statement.  Thinking about it he is right.  How easily we have given up our freedom.  Testing, testing, testing.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Wow, that's a statement.  Thinking about it he is right.

It's a very powerful statement.  And very truthful.  I'm gaining a new respect for County Sheriff's between standing up to the red flag laws to the unity they showed against the Virginia Governor to this...its nice to see they are taking a stand for the jurisdictions they represent.

How easily we have given up our freedom.  Testing, testing, testing.

So far we're failing the test.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:46:59 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Polly Ticks

It's a very powerful statement.  And very truthful.  I'm gaining a new respect for County Sheriff's between standing up to the red flag laws to the unity they showed against the Virginia Governor to this...its nice to see they are taking a stand for the jurisdictions they represent.

So far we're failing the test.

I think you're right.  I posted a link to this article earlier today in the 'Coronavirus Updates' thread:

Walsh: We Have Become A Police State And None Of Us Should Be Okay With That

Apologists for our newly established police state will tell me that states and localities have the authority to impose restrictions in an emergency. That is true, but the question of how far their authority actually goes is complicated, and in this case made even more complicated by the fact that these stay-at-home orders, in many cases, are based not on a current medical emergency in the respective state, but on models that forecast the possibility of an emergency in the future. For example, Minnesota is under a stay-at-home order despite having only 29 coronavirus deaths among a population of over 5 million. Perhaps the situation will get worse. Perhaps not. The point is that there is no current emergency in Minnesota or many of the other states currently under lockdown. There is, rather, a model that projects an emergency. And if projected emergencies can justify the effective nullification of the Bill of Rights, where is the limit? Haven’t we now granted the government the power to seize near-total control on the basis of any real or phantom threat?

It contains a number of anecdotes of government overreach that just a month ago people would have said could never happen in America.  It boggles the mind. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think you're right.  I posted a link to this article earlier today in the 'Coronavirus Updates' thread:

Walsh: We Have Become A Police State And None Of Us Should Be Okay With That

It contains a number of anecdotes of government overreach that just a month ago people would have said could never happen in America.  It boggles the mind.

@Polly Ticks you should post that as it's own discussion thread.

Offline Polly Ticks

@Polly Ticks you should post that as it's own discussion thread.

That would require me to refresh my memory on how to start a new thread and probably require more of my brain that I can spare considering I'm supposed to be paying attention to a conference call.   :laugh:

Maybe @Cyber Liberty can move it to a thread for me?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That would require me to refresh my memory on how to start a new thread and probably require more of my brain that I can spare considering I'm supposed to be paying attention to a conference call.   :laugh:

Maybe @Cyber Liberty can move it to a thread for me?

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,397426.0.html
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Maybe in his jurisdiction, but in others not so much... :shrug:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-stay-at-home-order-pennsylvania-ticket-drive-questioned-state-police-traffic-stop

FTA:

State Police Communications Director Ryan Tarkowski told FOX43 on Friday the 19-year-old was not pulled over for violating the stay-at-home order since the traffic stop began as a vehicle-code violation.

My eyes just rolled to the next County.  I'd bet a saw-buck that Officer Friendly busted that tail light with his Maglite.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

FTA:

My eyes just rolled to the next County.  I'd bet a saw-buck that Officer Friendly busted that tail light with his Maglite.

Further down in the article:
The 19-year-old and her father, Neil Shaffer, told Penn Live they discovered the taillight was working fine when she got home. She plans to fight the citation.

It does seem a bit fishy, doesn't it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Further down in the article:

It does seem a bit fishy, doesn't it.

Cops love to create "probably cause" out of thin air.  I knew a State Trooper used to live across the street from my parents who boasted he could write at least three tickets to any car driving down the street, with zero provocation.  This story is a perfect example of a cop demanding we "Respect Mah Authoritaht!"
I will NOT comply.

Offline Polly Ticks

Cops love to create "probably cause" out of thin air.  I knew a State Trooper used to live across the street from my parents who boasted he could write at least three tickets to any car driving down the street, with zero provocation.  This story is a perfect example of a cop demanding we "Respect Mah Authoritaht!"

True enough.
"Show me the man, and I'll find you the crime."