Author Topic: Primary back on: Wisconsin Supreme Court rules governor can't delay voting  (Read 331 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Primary back on: Wisconsin Supreme Court rules governor can't delay voting
by Emily Larsen | April 06, 2020 06:41 PM

Wisconsin's Tuesday primary is back on.

In a 4-2 decision along ideological lines, the state's supreme court ruled Monday that Democratic Gov. Tony Evers does not have the authority to unilaterally move the scheduled primary to June 9. Evers attempted to delay the primary due to the coronavirus pandemic through an executive order issued the day before the scheduled primary.

Republican lawmakers in the state immediately responded to Evers's attempted order by challenging it in court. Those in the Republican-controlled legislature have blocked delaying of the primary.

Read more at:   https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/primary-back-on-wisconsin-supreme-court-rules-governor-cant-delay-voting

Pretty amazing, the State Court rules the primary can NOT be blocked.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This is one election I'd definitely skip...

Offline mortarman

Actually this is too important an election to skip. Not only is there primaries involved butt we have election for State Supreme Court. The balance on the court is 5 conservatives versus 2 liberals. The incumbent up for re-election is a conservative an' with a libtard Governor an' AG we need all the help on the WSSC we can get. Also there is a referendum for Marsy's Law. I already voted By absentee ballot.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"I already voted By absentee ballot."

Well, sounds to me like you'll be skippin' the voting booths, too.

(never done an absentee ballot, myself, but this year would be a good time to think about it)

Offline mortarman

Some are complaining that they never got their absentee ballot. If they had gotten off their lazy a**es, gone down to City Hall, an' presented proper ID like I did 9 days ago, they would have had no problem.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.