Author Topic: Trump says he 'may look into' dismissal of ousted Naval captain  (Read 591 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he 'may look into' dismissal of ousted Naval captain
By Brett Samuels - 04/06/20 06:40 PM EDT

Trump says he 'may look into' dismissal of ousted Naval captain

President Trump on Monday said he may look into the dismissal of a Naval captain who was relieved of his duty aboard the U.S.S. Theodore Roosevelt after warning of an outbreak of coronavirus on board in a letter that leaked to the press.

The controversy surrounding the exit of Capt. Brett Crozier was amplified on Monday when acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly told the sailors aboard the ship that the captain was "naive” or "stupid" to think the letter would not leak.

Trump told reporters he hadn't seen the statement from Modly, but described what he'd heard about it as "strong" and "rough." He suggested he may personally look into the matter because he believes both Modly and Crozier have good reputations outside the Roosevelt incident.

"I may look into it only from the standpoint that something should be resolved because I’m hearing good things about both people," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/491456-trump-says-he-may-look-into-dismissal-of-ousted-naval-captain
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump says he 'may look into' dismissal of ousted Naval captain
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 12:04:17 am »
'He made a mistake': Trump urges Navy not to 'destroy' captain who wrote coronavirus letter
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/he-made-a-mistake-trump-urges-navy-not-to-destroy-captain-who-wrote-coronavirus-letter
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 02:18:42 pm »
Good for Trump!

The man was doing his duty to the nation,the Navy,and the people under his command,and was only relived because he embarrassed the Navy brass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 03:46:54 pm »
'He made a mistake': Trump urges Navy not to 'destroy' captain who wrote coronavirus letter
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/he-made-a-mistake-trump-urges-navy-not-to-destroy-captain-who-wrote-coronavirus-letter

The damage has already been done. The only thing Trump can do is fire Modly.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 07:50:54 pm »
Just breaking..Modly has resigned
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:59:11 pm »
Last Update 1 min ago
Acting Navy secretary offers resignation after criticizing ousted USS Theodore Roosevelt commander: official
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/navy-thomas-modly-resignation-uss-theodore-roosevelt-crozier
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 10:50:53 pm »
Good!  Now that a scapegoat has been found and punished, we can move on.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 10:54:09 pm »
Just breaking..Modly has resigned

@mystery-ak

Yeah,just like he had a choice.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 10:56:38 pm »
Good!  Now that a scapegoat has been found and punished, we can move on.

@Cyber Liberty

"Scapegoat"???

Ultimate blame,as well as ultimate credit always goes to the guy sitting at the top of the mountain.

Beats the HELL out of blaming it on a desperate ship's commander who is seeing everyone in his command at risk of dying because nobody in a higher position of authority will listen to his pleas.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 10:59:25 pm »
The damage has already been done. The only thing Trump can do is fire Modly.

@Night Hides Not

Maybe,maybe not. If the Captains reputation has been ruined by this (duh!), officially clearing him of wrongdoing will restore his reputation,and maybe even his full pension.

I have no idea if he was reduced in rank or fined before being shown the door,but it is possible.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 11:02:42 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

"Scapegoat"???

Ultimate blame,as well as ultimate credit always goes to the guy sitting at the top of the mountain.

Beats the HELL out of blaming it on a desperate ship's commander who is seeing everyone in his command at risk of dying because nobody in a higher position of authority will listen to his pleas.

My point stands.  The bureaucracy has its scalp, and now life can go on.  Hopefully, future ships' Skippers will think twice about shooting their mouths off and giving the enemy inside information on their readiness.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 11:03:42 pm »
@Night Hides Not

Maybe,maybe not. If the Captains reputation has been ruined by this (duh!), officially clearing him of wrongdoing will restore his reputation,and maybe even his full pension.

I have no idea if he was reduced in rank or fined before being shown the door,but it is possible.

The Skipper will come out smelling like a rose.  It's been seen to.  You got your wish.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 11:07:05 pm »
My point stands.  The bureaucracy has its scalp, and now life can go on.  Hopefully, future ships' Skippers will think twice about shooting their mouths off and giving the enemy inside information on their readiness.

@Cyber Liberty

Call me a  wild-eyed paranoid if you want,but somehow I suspect the Chinese,as well as others,would notice a USN Aircraft carrier floating around in endless circles in the ocean,while not sending or receiving messages or launching and recovering aircraft.

They are kinda big.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:08:12 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 11:11:56 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Call me a  wild-eyed paranoid if you want,but somehow I suspect the Chinese,as well as others,would notice a USN Aircraft carrier floating around in endless circles in the ocean,while not sending or receiving messages or launching and recovering aircraft.

They are kinda big.

I would not call you a paranoid.  That said, the Commander gave the enemy fabulous, gold-plated intel not available by any satellite intelligence.  Let's hope it comes to nothing.  K?
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 11:14:52 pm »
I would not call you a paranoid.  That said, the Commander gave the enemy fabulous, gold-plated intel not available by any satellite intelligence.  Let's hope it comes to nothing.  K?

@Cyber Liberty

No,all he gave them was the info that the USN leadership sucks,and that sailors can get sick and die off at sea,leaving their ships sailing in circles. 

Neither is news to anyone that has been paying attention.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 11:22:28 pm »
uh huh

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 11:25:29 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

No,all he gave them was the info that the USN leadership sucks,and that sailors can get sick and die off at sea,leaving their ships sailing in circles. 

Neither is news to anyone that has been paying attention.

We threw a sailor in prison for a picture.  This Skipper will get a new command, with all flags flying.  Perspective.
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 04:11:14 pm »
We threw a sailor in prison for a picture.  This Skipper will get a new command, with all flags flying. Perspective.

@Cyber Liberty

I agree that you are in desperate need of some perspective.

Not really your fault since you never served in the military and most likely know nothing of intelligence gathering or military capability.

Do you REALLY think the military of other nations in that area weren't aware of the reduced activity of that ship?

In the highly unlikely event the Captain had decided to just keep on sailing as his sailors became bed-ridden and died off one by one,it would have even been possible for the Chinese,or anyone else,to board what would have essentially been an abandoned US Aircraft carrier at sea,and seize it and everything in it as salvage.

Maybe you would have preferred that outcome?

Granted,the last part was VERY unlikely to happen,but AFAIK,military ships at sea aren't exempt from salvage laws,and even if it DIDN'T happen,the end result could have been a aircraft carrier floating around in the open sea as a huge iron coffin filled full of dead sailors.

That Captain did everyone a solid,and the one that needs to be punished is the superior that denied him the right to return to port and get his crew treated.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits