Author Topic: Trump Lashes Out at Fauci Amid Criticism of Slow Virus Response  (Read 477 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/us/politics/trump-fauci-coronavirus.html
April 12, 2020

WASHINGTON — President Trump publicly signaled his frustration on Sunday with Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the federal government’s top infectious disease expert, after the doctor said more lives could have been saved from the coronavirus if the country had been shut down earlier.

Mr. Trump reposted a Twitter message that said “Time to #FireFauci” as he rejected criticism of his slow initial response to the pandemic that has now killed more than 22,000 people in the United States. The president privately has been irritated at times with Dr. Fauci, but the Twitter post was the most explicit he has been in letting that show publicly.

The message Mr. Trump retweeted came from a former Republican congressional candidate. “Fauci is now saying that had Trump listened to the medical experts earlier he could’ve saved more lives,” said the tweet by DeAnna Lorraine, who got less than 2 percent of the vote in an open primary against Speaker Nancy Pelosi last month. “Fauci was telling people on February 29th that there was nothing to worry about and it posed no threat to the US at large. Time to #Fire Fauci.”

more at link

A poll from Quinnipiac this week showed Dr. Anthony Fauci has an approval rating of 78%. Among GOP, it's 77%. Among independents, it's 79%. 

Hopefully President Trump will replace him with someone equally popular and knowledgeable like Sean Hannity. /sarc
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:34:10 pm by Once-Ler »

Online libertybele

Re: Trump Lashes Out at Fauci Amid Criticism of Slow Virus Response
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 12:35:23 pm »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/12/us/politics/trump-fauci-coronavirus.html
more at link

A poll from Quinnipiac this week showed Dr. Anthony Fauci has an approval rating of 78%. Among GOP, it's 77%. Among independents, it's 79%.

I really don't care what the polls show -- polls have proven time and time again to be inaccurate and swayed.  I watched the press briefings every day when they first started.  Fauci specifically credited Trump with acting quickly and saving lives. Now he's changed his tune. Why? IMHO he's now on someone's bankroll and his opinion is politically biased.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 12:49:45 pm »
Polls are political tools, not medical tools and those that are polled know little or nothing about medicine...
Faucci is a politician who WAS many years ago a medical researcher.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 04:24:16 pm »
I rarely bother to read articles with "lashes out" in the title.  This is especially true for NYT.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 04:35:38 pm »
... his slow initial response ...

False statements like this are why MSM "reports" about Trump have to be taken with a Himalayan-sized block of salt. Basically, it's like just about every "report" about Trump needs to be scanned for:

* Significant fact omissions;

* Annoymorous sourcing;

* Sentence- or phrase-long quotes that omit context;

* Weasel-wording, word games, and tendentious word choices ("Republicans pounce").

For starters.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 07:08:56 pm »
No matter how many ways the "media" presents this, it still is not true.

See this thread for the rest of the tweets I posted that the media is not talking about:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,398141.0.html

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 07:21:26 pm »
I really don't care what the polls show -- polls have proven time and time again to be inaccurate and swayed.  I watched the press briefings every day when they first started.  Fauci specifically credited Trump with acting quickly and saving lives. Now he's changed his tune. Why? IMHO he's now on someone's bankroll and his opinion is politically biased.

Fauci's just getting with the leftwing program.

He can't very well be out there saying Trump responded in a timely manner while Chuck Todd, Chris Wallace & the DNC are trying to create the opposite impression, can he.

Imagine how embarrassing it would be if the minority called him to testify on behalf of the president during Adam Schiff's upcoming hearings.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 07:27:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 12:23:11 am »
Because Fauci is more of a political animal than a medical professional, thirty years in government says so and as such he is just following his hypocrite oath.