Author Topic: Defense chief says states can use National Guard to enforce stay-at-home orders  (Read 262 times)

rangerrebew

Defense chief says states can use National Guard to enforce stay-at-home orders
By Tal Axelrod - 03/31/20 11:02 PM EDT

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that states have the option of using the National Guard to enforce stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“That would be an option for the governors,” Esper said on CBS News. “Again, the guard is active in all 50 states and territories. I'm very proud of what our guardsmen are doing, but we have a whole lot more capacity out there in the guard right now to do more.”

Esper compared having the National Guard deal with the coronavirus to its duties when a hurricane or another natural disaster strikes the country, saying the force would be used to curb the outbreak’s effects.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/490522-defense-chief-says-states-can-use-national-guard-to-enforce-stay-at-home

Offline Idiot

Defense chief says states can use National Guard to enforce stay-at-home orders
By Tal Axelrod - 03/31/20 11:02 PM EDT

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Tuesday that states have the option of using the National Guard to enforce stay-at-home orders amid the coronavirus pandemic.

“That would be an option for the governors,” Esper said on CBS News. “Again, the guard is active in all 50 states and territories. I'm very proud of what our guardsmen are doing, but we have a whole lot more capacity out there in the guard right now to do more.”

Esper compared having the National Guard deal with the coronavirus to its duties when a hurricane or another natural disaster strikes the country, saying the force would be used to curb the outbreak’s effects.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/490522-defense-chief-says-states-can-use-national-guard-to-enforce-stay-at-home
BAD idea!  What are they gonna do?  Shoot little Johnny playing with his buddies in the front yard?

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the Mayor of Baltimore didn't use the National Guard to stop looting and riots, If Fergusson just got a friendly visit from the DOJ while businesses were being burned, I think this would be over the top.

That said, it would be a real glimpse of the dystopian future the Democrats have in mind for America.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis