Author Topic: Robert F. Kennedy’s Granddaughter and Her 8-Year-Old Son Missing After Suspected Canoe Accident  (Read 1538 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That water, River or Bay, really doesn't care who they are.

@Smokin Joe

True. Mother Nature doesn't give a flip who you are when she gets ready to whup some ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Yeah,but they were Kennedy's,and Kennedy's don't need flotation devices because they ARE flotation devices.

People like them prove you only have to be smart enough to be born into a fortune to be rich.

Kennedys

Can't Drive.  Can't fly.  Can't ski.  Can't commandeer a boat.  But they know best how to run the country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Kennedys

Can't Drive.  Can't fly.  Can't ski.  Can't commandeer a boat.  But they know best how to run the country.
Well, it depends on who you are asking... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

This is an awful tragedy for this family ... prayers up for their comfort and strength.   :0001:

I also hope the Kennedys someday learn to think one step beyond the fun and excitement of a moment.
"I also hope the Kennedys someday learn to think one step beyond the fun and excitement of a moment."

Yes, and you can also drop a steak on the floor in front of your Husky and hope he doesn't gobble it up before you can get it out of his mouth.
The Kennedy clan seems genetically unable to forego taking unnecessary risks for trivial gains.
Couldn't the mother see that taking a kayak out in choppy waters for a stupid ball was tempting fate? Like they couldn't buy the factory where they make the damn things and have one thousand balls available?
I guess not.

Offline Idiot

@Smokin Joe

True. Mother Nature doesn't give a flip who you are when she gets ready to whup some ass.
Who is this Mother Nature and how do I talk to her?  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Who is this Mother Nature and how do I talk to her?  happy77

@mrpotatohead

Hard to explain,but you will recognize her when she decides to appear,and you don't talk to her because she doesn't listen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Body of Kennedy Scion Maeve McKean Recovered
Newsmax, Apr 6, 2020

The body of the daughter of former Maryland Lt. Gov. Kathleen Kennedy Townsend was located in about 25 feet of water and recovered, authorities said Monday, and they will keep searching for her son, after the two went missing following a canoeing accident last week.

More:  https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/kennedy-townsend-missing-relatives/2020/04/06/id/961663/

Online mountaineer

Her body was found 2-1/2 miles from where she entered the water.  **nononono*
I certainly hope, for the sake of the family, they find the little boy's body.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Her body was found 2-1/2 miles from where she entered the water.  **nononono*
I certainly hope, for the sake of the family, they find the little boy's body.
Me, too. At least they will have that closure.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maryland Natural Resources Police said Monday that McKean’s body was found in 25 feet of water about 2.5 miles south of her mother’s residence in Shady Side, Maryland, NBC reported. Authorities used aviation and underwater imaging sonar technology to find her body.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/07/maeve-kennedy-townsend-mckean-body-found-canoe-accident/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I'm more interested in whether anyone found the ball...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online mountaineer

Hard to believe they put so much effort into retrieving the ball. I am sure they could afford a new one.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org