Author Topic: Iowa Gov. Reynolds: 'I can't lock the state down' over coronavirus concerns  (Read 500 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
As more leaders push Iowa to enforce stricter stay-at-home policies during the coronavirus pandemic, Gov. Kim Reynolds remained firm that internal data doesn’t say the extra measure is necessary.

“I can’t lock the state down,” Reynolds said at Tuesday’s news conference about the public health crisis. “I can’t lock everybody at home.”

She echoed her previous requests that Iowans limit how often they go out, minimize their contact and keep their distance from others. She has already shut down bars and many retail establishments, limited gatherings to 10 people or fewer and asked businesses to let employees work from home when possible.

Additional requirements could put undue strain on the supply chain and essential workforce, Reynolds has said.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2020/03/31/iowa-gov-kim-reynolds-hold-news-conference-coronavirus-outbreak-covid-19/5092640002/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Thank God there is some sanity left in at least one state!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

Wow, sounds like an independent thinker.  Tough to do with this topic. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Thank God there is some sanity left in at least one state!

Kim's a great lady and governor, and I'm glad to see her taking the common sense road on this v. the jackboot thug route many of the blue states have gone.

Lockdown should be the last option not the first.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She's a lot better than the Governor of AZ.  I'm jealous.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: