Author Topic: Dr. Fauci: We Can Relax Social Distancing When We Have No New Cases, New Deaths  (Read 703 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This is extremely troubling --the comment that he made is that they will have in place a way to test people who were infected ... and isolate them along with contacts.  Why would they want to isolate anyone that already has had the virus??  Seems to me they would no longer be a carrier. This gives me a very, very uneasy feeling -- taking people away and isolating them.  Isn't that exactly what they did in Nazi Germany??  We are all here, mandated to stay home -- they can start hauling people away and no one will be the wiser. 

He goes on to say -- a time period of a year to a year and a half.  Seriously?  We CANNOT sustain like this.

Dr. Fauci: We Can Relax Social Distancing When We Have No New Cases, New Deaths

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Wednesday that once there are no new coronavirus cases or new deaths from COVID-19, social distancing can be relaxed.

During the White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing, a reporter asked whether social distancing guidelines will be in effect until there is a treatment or vaccine..........

........“The one thing we hopefully would have in place, and I believe we will have in place, is a much more robust system to be able to identify someone who was infected, isolate them and then do contact tracing,” he said.

.............“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,” Fauci said............

..........“The one thing we hopefully would have in place, and I believe we will have in place, is a much more robust system to be able to identify someone who was infected, isolate them and then do contact tracing,” he said.
The vaccine is as I said, it's on target. We are still in phase one. There were three doses we had to attest to. We had been through the first two doses and were on the highest dose now. When we get that data, it will take a few months to get that data. A few months from now we will be in phase two, and I think they’re right on target to a year or year and a half,” he said.....

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/dr-fauci-we-can-relax-social-distancing-when-we-have-no-new-cases“

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I think that year and a half is for the vaccine, at which point who knows how this virus will have played out?

I give Fauci until the end of the month to see substantial improvement, enough that it looks like we'll have a chance to get back to normal domestic life by May. You cannot realistically expect people to stay home for months. Of course, Fauci "do(es)n't believe" you can cause mass damage to the economy with his policies, either, so maybe he needs to be removed.

With as much compliance as there is, it is ridiculous to think we still have no decrease in the number of new cases. So either 1) the reporting system is FUBAR (a distinct possibility) or 2) this isn't working and we're wasting our time with this.

We want our freedom back!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:47:18 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
This is extremely troubling --the comment that he made is that they will have in place a way to test people who were infected ... and isolate them along with contacts.  Why would they want to isolate anyone that already has had the virus??  Seems to me they would no longer be a carrier. This gives me a very, very uneasy feeling -- taking people away and isolating them.  Isn't that exactly what they did in Nazi Germany??  We are all here, mandated to stay home -- they can start hauling people away and no one will be the wiser. 

He goes on to say -- a time period of a year to a year and a half.  Seriously?  We CANNOT sustain like this.

Dr. Fauci: We Can Relax Social Distancing When We Have No New Cases, New Deaths

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Wednesday that once there are no new coronavirus cases or new deaths from COVID-19, social distancing can be relaxed.

During the White House Coronavirus Task Force briefing, a reporter asked whether social distancing guidelines will be in effect until there is a treatment or vaccine..........

........“The one thing we hopefully would have in place, and I believe we will have in place, is a much more robust system to be able to identify someone who was infected, isolate them and then do contact tracing,” he said.

.............“I think if we get to the part of the curve that Dr. Birx showed yesterday when it goes down to essentially no new cases, no new deaths at a period of time. I think it makes sense that you will have to relax social distancing,” Fauci said............

..........“The one thing we hopefully would have in place, and I believe we will have in place, is a much more robust system to be able to identify someone who was infected, isolate them and then do contact tracing,” he said.
The vaccine is as I said, it's on target. We are still in phase one. There were three doses we had to attest to. We had been through the first two doses and were on the highest dose now. When we get that data, it will take a few months to get that data. A few months from now we will be in phase two, and I think they’re right on target to a year or year and a half,” he said.....

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/melanie-arter/dr-fauci-we-can-relax-social-distancing-when-we-have-no-new-cases“

The article misquotes him a bit even as the video embedded in the article says otherwise.

“The one thing we hopefully would have in place, and I believe we will have in place, is a much more robust system to be able to identify someone who was who’s infected, isolate them and then do contact tracing,” he said.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think that year and a half is for the vaccine, at which point who knows how this virus will have played out?

I give Fauci until the end of the month to see substantial improvement, enough that it looks like we'll have a chance to get back to normal domestic life by May. You cannot realistically expect people to stay home for months. Of course, Fauci "do(es)n't believe" you can cause mass damage to the economy with his policies, either, so maybe he needs to be removed.

With as much compliance as there is, it is ridiculous to think we still have no decrease in the number of new cases. So either 1) the reporting system is FUBAR (a distinct possibility) or 2) this isn't working and we're wasting our time with this.

We want our freedom back!

It's been explained that we are reaching a peak and had we not practiced social distancing we would have seen a greater peak.  Yes, he's talking about the vaccine taking a year to a year and a half -- but he's still talking in terms of a time frame to relax social distancing.  A year - a year and a half is an extremely long time!

60 million people filed for unemployment. Trillions are being spent with the stimulus and loans and additional trillions are going to be spent on infrastructure.  This virus has shutdown 30-40% of our economy.  This is not sustainable.

The virus is set to peak in the next 2 weeks -- perhaps two weeks after that we will see a slow down in cases and deaths and perhaps then we can open up parks, beaches, restaurants, movie theaters, libraries, schools.  Yes, we can still practice safe social distancing and certainly continue with increased hygiene practices.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

It's been explained that we are reaching a peak and had we not practiced social distancing we would have seen a greater peak.  Yes, he's talking about the vaccine taking a year to a year and a half -- but he's still talking in terms of a time frame to relax social distancing.  A year - a year and a half is an extremely long time!

60 million people filed for unemployment. Trillions are being spent with the stimulus and loans and additional trillions are going to be spent on infrastructure.  This virus has shutdown 30-40% of our economy.  This is not sustainable.

The virus is set to peak in the next 2 weeks -- perhaps two weeks after that we will see a slow down in cases and deaths and perhaps then we can open up parks, beaches, restaurants, movie theaters, libraries, schools.  Yes, we can still practice safe social distancing and certainly continue with increased hygiene practices.

He's not going to have the final say in anything.  Every responsible person in this administration, and in every Republican state knows that getting the economy up and running as soon as possible is paramount.

They're not going to let Dr. Fauci make this call, even if this article is accurate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Victoria33

As Fauci said, it is the virus that makes the call.

Offline The_Reader_David

His stated view is too absolutist.  Near zero new cases would be one criterion under which relaxing social distancing would be the right course.  Another would be having enough tests that testing could be routine, even for those without symptoms, with quarantine of those who test positive.  Yet another would be developing and adequately deploying a treatment regime that gets the mortality rate down to that for diseases we routinely regard as normal hazards, at which point we can all go out and take our chances as we do with the flu, salmonella on lettuce and in eggs, and car accidents.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.