Author Topic: 'My dad was talking to me': Chris Cuomo's coronavirus experience with hallucinations and a chipped t  (Read 306 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

'My dad was talking to me': Chris Cuomo's coronavirus experience with hallucinations and a chipped tooth
Washington Examiner, Apr 2, 2020

CNN host Chris Cuomo described his harrowing experience with the coronavirus, including a high fever and hallucinations of his dead father.

"This virus came at me — I’ve never seen anything like it, OK?" Cuomo said in a Wednesday interview with CNN medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta. "So I’ve had a fever; you’ve had a fever. But 102, 103, 103-plus, that wouldn’t quit. And it was like somebody was beating me like a pinata."

"I was shivering so much that Sanjay’s right, I chipped my tooth," the host added. "These are not cheap, OK? And they call them the rigors, like rigors, r-i-g-o-r-s. But rigors. So the sun comes up. I was up all night. I'm telling you, I was hallucinating. My dad was talking to me. I was seeing people from college, people I haven't seen in forever. It was — it was freaky what I lived through last night."

Cuomo announced Tuesday that he had tested positive for the coronavirus. The last time he was at CNN’s offices in New York City’s Hudson Yards neighborhood on Friday.

I have been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive, and I had fever, chills, and shortness of breath," the host said in a statement. "I am quarantined in my basement. ... I will do my shows from here."

Gupta noted on Wednesday that Cuomo appeared to already be doing better than he was earlier in the week.

Video:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/my-dad-was-talking-to-me-chris-cuomos-coronavirus-experience-with-hallucinations-and-a-chipped-tooth

Offline mountaineer

When I was young, whenever I got bad fevers, they were accompanied by the same bad dream (also about a dead person, though not one from my family).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org