Author Topic: Taiwan military is prepared for any Chinese attack, says defence minister  (Read 653 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Taiwan military is prepared for any Chinese attack, says defence minister
Lawrence Chung

-  Chang Guan-chung tells legislators that any attempt to attack the island during the current coronavirus outbreak would be ‘condemned worldwide’

- PLA warplanes have approached Taiwan on a number of occasions during the past two months

A senior Taiwanese defence official said on Monday that the island’s military is well prepared in the event of any attack from Beijing during the Covid-19 outbreak.

“At the height of outbreak of the pandemic worldwide, if the Chinese Communists attempted to make any military adventure leading to regional conflict, they would be condemned by the world, and regardless of what would happen, we are all ready and have made the best preparation for this,” said Taiwan’s vice defence minister Chang Guan-chung.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/world/taiwan-military-is-prepared-for-any-chinese-attack-says-defence-minister/ar-BB11VTlm

Offline kevindavis007

Personally I think that China might do something.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Personally I think that China might do something.

I agree.  It's another step in their plan to retake Taiwan.  They've created all those islands in what their completely illegal 500 mile "exclusion" zone they claim a territorial right to.  They basically own the Panama Canal...COSCO (Chinese Overseas Shipping Company) which is a front operation for their Navy operates the canal.  And now this.

One thing I learned about the Chinese...surprisingly during an orientation class about South Korea in 2005...is that the ChiComs always plan for and play the long game.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Taiwan better be prepared.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit that China orchestrated the disease to force the US and others to turn inwards on their own problems fighting their economic collapse from reactions to the virus in order to finally make their play to dominate their neighbor.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If China decided to "take Taiwan", and threw the entire weight of the Red Army into it, the Taiwanese might put up a valiant fight, but they wouldn't be able to hold out for very long. They'll be history in short order.

And no one in the world -- regardless of what treaties exist and what past promises might have been made -- will lift a finger to stop them.

Offline mortarman

Personally, I've always thought that the gubmint in Taipae is the legitimate Chinese gubmint, not the barbaric bandits in Peking.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Personally, I've always thought that the gubmint in Taipae is the legitimate Chinese gubmint, not the barbaric bandits in Peking.

:pop41:

We should have done more to support Chiang Kai-shek after WW II when he and Mao battled it out for control over the Chinese mainland.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And no one in the world -- regardless of what treaties exist and what past promises might have been made -- will lift a finger to stop them.

We couldn't right now if we wanted to.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We couldn't right now if we wanted to.
Which China knows.  Coincidence the virus originated in China?

No.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Which China knows.  Coincidence the virus originated in China?

No.

Gibbs' Rule #39