Author Topic: 'The floor was moving': 6.5 earthquake strikes in Idaho, largest in the state since 1983  (Read 490 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'The floor was moving': 6.5 earthquake strikes in Idaho, largest in the state since 1983

McCALL, Idaho — A 6.5 magnitude earthquake struck near Boise, Idaho, on Tuesday night, jolting people across three states. No injuries or damage has been immediately reported.

The temblor was centered 73 miles northeast of Meridian, a city on the outskirts of Boise, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It's the most powerful earthquake to strike the Gem State since 1983, when the 6.9 magnitude Borah Peak earthquake killed two people and resulted in millions in damages, according to the Idaho Geological Survey.

“It felt like the whole house was shaking,” said Jim Tracy, 81, who was looking at model airplanes on his computer when his house in McCall began to shake. “It lasted so long I knew that it was a big one.”

Read more at:  https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/31/earthquake-idaho-the-whole-house-rattling/5100853002/

Online DB

Things are moving out west... Lots of stress on the San Adreas over a huge area... Trump may be tested like no president ever...

Online roamer_1

Huh. I didn't feel a thing.

@bigheadfred
@Idaho_Cowboy

All y'all alright?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Huh. I didn't feel a thing.

@bigheadfred
@Idaho_Cowboy

All y'all alright?

We felt it. Wasn't much. Thanks for asking.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

Things are moving out west... Lots of stress on the San Adreas over a huge area... Trump may be tested like no president ever...

This quake was hundreds of miles from the San Andreas Fault system.

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We felt it. Wasn't much. Thanks for asking.

@bigheadfred

My friend in Bozeman sure felt it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

This quake was hundreds of miles from the San Andreas Fault system.

Yes, that's where two tectonic plates tend to move relative to each other. The strain and ground distortion between the two plates extends far beyond where it typically ruptures once the accumulated forces are too great to hold in place.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

My friend in Bozeman sure felt it.

Bozeman is a lot closer to the epicenter. I thought about getting up and looking outside to see if Yellowstone blew. But I didn't care enough. This bug I've got came back with a vengeance Saturday night. Too damned sick to care about anything.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley