Author Topic: ‘Sailors Do Not Need To Die’: Captain Of Aircraft Carrier With Coronavirus Cases Begs Navy For Help  (Read 473 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Shelby Talcott
Media Reporter
March 31, 2020 12:45 PM ET

A nuclear aircraft carrier’s captain begged U.S. Navy officials for help Monday as his ship holds over 100 sailors who have the novel coronavirus.

Capt. Brett Crozier sent a multi-page letter asking officials to send the ship resources so his men don’t die, according to the letter obtained by The Chronicle. Theodore Roosevelt, the aircraft carrier, has been siting in a Guam dock after a novel coronavirus outbreak on board less than one week ago.

“We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die. If we do not act now, we are failing to properly take care of our most trusted asset — our Sailors,” Crozier pleaded in the letter.

The ship’s crew is over 4,000 strong, and most of the crew remains on board. Only a few of those infected have been allowed off, despite it being nearly impossible to adhere to the social distancing guidelines and 14-day quarantine mandate, The Chronicle wrote.

“Due to a warship’s inherent limitations of space, we are not doing this,” according to Crozier. “The spread of the disease is ongoing and accelerating.”

“Removing the majority of personnel from a deployed U.S. nuclear aircraft carrier and isolating them for two weeks may seem like an extraordinary measure. … This is a necessary risk. Keeping over 4,000 young men and women on board the TR is an unnecessary risk and breaks faith with those Sailors entrusted to our care.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2020/03/31/uss-theodore-roosevelt-aircraft-carrier-coronavirus-brett-crozier-sailors/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Coronavirus: US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 09:55:13 pm »
Coronavirus: US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak

The captain of a US aircraft carrier carrying more than 4,000 crew has called for urgent help to halt a coronavirus outbreak on his ship.

Scores of people on board the Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive for the infection. The carrier is currently docked in Guam.

"We are not at war. Sailors do not need to die," Captain Brett Crozier wrote in a letter to the Pentagon.

Read more at:   https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52110298

Offline dfwgator

Re: Coronavirus: US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 09:58:01 pm »

Why is this getting out?  The ChiComs are laughing at us right now.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It seems to me the thing to do is to get the healthy sailors off the ship (except for a skeleton force as needed to keep basic functions going.

Then, test EVERYONE and isolate the infected.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
U.S. Navy to Commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt: Ack all. Stop. Understand situation is critical. Stop. Unable to help at this time. Stop.  USNS Comfort unable to respond and assist due to the fact that CALIFORNIA CAN'T TAKE CARE OF IT'S OWN SHIT! Stop.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It seems to me the thing to do is to get the healthy sailors off the ship (except for a skeleton force as needed to keep basic functions going.

Then, test EVERYONE and isolate the infected.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Keep the sick on board as much as possible, treat them, and disinfect the ship (huge undertaking, I know) after the bug is done.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
It is just the flu, what are they complaining about. /s

It actually hurt to make that statement... Prayers for them.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 05:23:46 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Yes, this is some story, I don't want to state things wrong, I thought I heard it docked somewhere... I want stories in print.

https://www.defensenews.com/news/coronavirus/2020/04/01/pacific-fleet-commander-outlines-plans-for-containing-outbreak-on-carrier-roosevelt/