Author Topic: Senate Democrats push administration for plan to expedite unemployment benefits  (Read 256 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats push administration for plan to expedite unemployment benefits
By Jordain Carney - 04/01/20 02:24 PM EDT

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) are asking the Department of Labor for details on how it will expedite new unemployment benefits included in the $2.2 trillion coronavirus aid package.

The three senators sent a letter to Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia on Wednesday asking him "to do everything" within his authority to smooth the way for states to quickly disburse the boosted unemployment insurance after claims skyrocketed to historic highs late last week. 

"Do you have a plan to make sure that eligible Americans are able to receive their benefits within two weeks of applying? If yes, please share your plan with us. If no, please let us know how long you expect it will take for eligible Americans to receive their benefits and what Congress could do to speed up the process," the senators ask in their letter.

The third coronavirus relief package, passed by Congress late last week, provided an additional $600 per week in unemployment compensation.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/490629-senate-dems-push-administration-for-plan-to-expedite-unemployment-benefits
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

I read, demon-rat senate.  That is all I needed to know the article is a total lie.  Did not even read it.  Sort of saw SCHUMER,  going down to this quick reply.  NOTHING IS CORRECT WITH THESE ANTI-AMERICANS in congress.