Author Topic: CBS News admits 'mistake' after airing footage of overcrowded Italian hospital in report about NYC  (Read 336 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

CBS News admits 'mistake' after airing footage of overcrowded Italian hospital in report about NYC
fox News, Mar 30, 2020

CBS News admitted to a "mistake" on Monday after airing footage of an overcrowded hospital room that was allegedly in New York City but was actually from a hospital in Italy.

CBS News admitted to a "mistake" on Monday after airing footage of an overcrowded hospital room that was allegedly in New York City but was actually from a hospital in Italy.

"It was an editing mistake. We took immediate steps to remove it from all platforms and shows," a CBS News spokesperson told Fox News.

Last Wednesday, "CBS This Morning" included a brief clip showing several patients and medical professionals in one room during a report about the rising threat of the coronavirus outbreak in New York City.

However, that same footage aired days prior on Sky News.  This is the main hospital in Bergamo, in Lombardy province. It’s one of the most advanced hospitals in Europe,” Sky News reported.

ABC News made a similar mistake last fall when it aired footage from a Kentucky gun range while falsely claiming it depicted a fierce battle between Syrian Kurds and Turkish forces.

The network aired the footage framing it as battlefield video, when, in fact, it appears to be from a night gun demonstration at the Knob Creek Gun Range in West Point, Ky.

ABC News issued a correction and apologized for the error.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-news-admits-mistake-after-airing-footage-of-overcrowded-nyc-hospital-that-was-actually-in-italy

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
CBS News admits 'mistake' after airing footage of overcrowded Italian hospital in report about NYC

I'd be willing to bet 80-90% of these so called editing errors aren't caught, and (surprise) probably near 100% benefit the left of center POV.

Surprised there isn't some form of MSM watchdog that fiters these reports.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

"Mistake" my foot!

Offline DB

It would seem highly unlikely that CBS could air Sky News footage without permission. Getting permission to use copyrighted material is a major component of any major news operation.

So being an "accident" is very thin.