Poll

What are you gonna spend your Coronavirus check on?

Donate it to a worthy cause
4 (11.8%)
Stock Market
1 (2.9%)
Put it in savings
5 (14.7%)
Pay down some debt
10 (29.4%)
American prostitutes, Booze and Smoke
6 (17.6%)
Other, NOYB (Toilet paper option)
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: April 20, 2020, 12:21:25 am

Author Topic: What are you gonna spend your Coronavirus check on?  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: What are you gonna spend your Coronavirus check on?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 02:29:42 am »
Regarding ice cream @Victoria33 . I live in a very rural area. I don't keep ice cream in the house and only eat it maybe twice a year although I do love it.  Anyway, last week three nights in a row I started craving ice cream...really strong craving. On the fourth day I decided the heck with it...I'm going to go to DQ and get a dip cone. I mean, what if I die tomorrow? Before I could get dressed to drive to town I started hearing what sounded like an ice cream truck from my youth. Since that has never happened in the 33 years I have lived here I decided I was hallucinating and was about to call my neighbor to come and take me to the near by state coo-coo hospital...but there came an ice cream truck!! I still can't believe it! Those pricey ice cream sandwiches tasted like nirvana and are rationed.
@berdie

I do think you are coo-coo as you thought you were - I had no idea ice cream trucks were still around.  It is unbelievable you wanted ice cream and an ice cream truck came down the street.   9999what   Let me know if the truck comes again.

If you can go on line and order groceries from a grocery near you, put whatever ice cream you want on the list - they will bring it frozen to your car.  Eat it any time of the day and also eat it in the evening and it will help you sleep.  Regular Ice cream (not specialties like ice cream sandwiches) is not expensive from the grocery.  Or stay with your ice cream sandwiches, but get them at the grocery which may be a cheaper price.

It is 9:30 pm here, about time for my evening ice cream.  :yowsa:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:32:04 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 02:48:44 am »
@berdie

I do think you are coo-coo as you thought you were - I had no idea ice cream trucks were still around.  It is unbelievable you wanted ice cream and an ice cream truck came down the street.   9999what   Let me know if the truck comes again.

If you can go on line and order groceries from a grocery near you, put whatever ice cream you want on the list - they will bring it frozen to your car.  Eat it any time of the day and also eat it in the evening and it will help you sleep.  Regular Ice cream (not specialties like ice cream sandwiches) is not expensive from the grocery.  Or stay with your ice cream sandwiches, but get them at the grocery which may be a cheaper price.

I keep an insulated cooler in the car, so they have something to put the ice cream into to keep it frozen.  It's a half-hour drive from the store, and it can be in 115 degree weather sometimes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2020, 03:38:36 am »
@berdie

We had one here during the height of the Bakken Boom that made regular rounds around town. Right now, an enterprising soul might take one out with some frozen food, ice cream, and dairy products and be able to do okay for the duration.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 03:40:08 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2020, 03:15:45 pm »
Mostly savings, a few beers

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2020, 03:37:43 pm »
Booze, broads and Fast Cars,   I'll squander the rest of the money.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2020, 04:35:14 pm »
No real plans because I expect somehow, some way, sooner or later, the feds will take the money back. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2020, 04:42:40 pm »
No real plans because I expect somehow, some way, sooner or later, the feds will take the money back.

The House Always Wins.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2020, 05:03:56 pm »
Yup.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2020, 06:19:04 pm »
They way things are going, probably bail money.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2020, 06:32:27 pm »
They way things are going, probably bail money.
lol

Online berdie

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2020, 07:37:19 pm »
@berdie

Yep, @Victoria33 , if I didn't eat the first sandwich and gaze lovingly at the hoarded sandwich in the freezer periodically...I would still think I was ready for the rubber room. But it really happened. I haven't seen the truck since then but of course I quit wishing for ice cream and started wishing to win Publishers Clearing House. I have friends and family in dire straits...and so many places that need a cash infusion right now. My answer to this poll was "Donate".

Of course, although I call myself thrifty my family calls me tight fisted. lol So although the ice cream would be cheaper at the grocery store my intent is to stay away from there as long as possible. Probably a couple of months at least. It was pretty Dodge City last time I was there. :terror:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2020, 01:45:51 am »
The House Always Wins.

There it is. Though I doubt very much that many will stop and ponder the implications.
 :beer:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2020, 06:22:46 pm »
Won't be sex,drugs,and rock and roll.

DAMMIT!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 06:44:06 pm »
Guns and ammo

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2020, 10:34:54 pm »
Fish tank cleaner and My Pillow stock and a tiger cub.

Offline mortarman

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2020, 10:36:11 pm »
I'm putting it towards living expenses (rent, food an' such). Back in 2001 when the Libtards were telling us to not cash that $300 tax rebate we got from President Bush, I got mine on September 10th. I had the check in my wallet when the planes hit the towers the next day. That night I went out an' bought a PlayStation 2.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2020, 11:21:08 pm »
I'm putting it towards living expenses (rent, food an' such). Back in 2001 when the Libtards were telling us to not cash that $300 tax rebate we got from President Bush, I got mine on September 10th. I had the check in my wallet when the planes hit the towers the next day. That night I went out an' bought a PlayStation 2.

:pop41:

Well, isn't a Playstation a living expense?  LOL

The IRS claims to have never heard of me even though I filed a 2018 return.   So who knows if I'll even get a check?

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2020, 11:22:44 pm »
Well, isn't a Playstation a living expense?  LOL

The IRS claims to have never heard of me even though I filed a 2018 return.   So who knows if I'll even get a check?
I advised an older granddaughter to log in and claim the check. Mine may well come in the mail, because I never had direct deposit (I have filed every year).

For those who haven't filed: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center?fbclid=IwAR2nDo616lsd7EnD8xvqZQZlyQctNUNos2dZxf1T6V2Tyy8VfUagPO3KM58
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 11:23:59 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2020, 11:33:47 pm »
I advised an older granddaughter to log in and claim the check. Mine may well come in the mail, because I never had direct deposit (I have filed every year).

For those who haven't filed: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center?fbclid=IwAR2nDo616lsd7EnD8xvqZQZlyQctNUNos2dZxf1T6V2Tyy8VfUagPO3KM58

Thanks.  That link does say if I collect SS (which I do), the IRS should have my direct deposit information.  So why they don't know who I am is a puzzle.  I'm guessing because they might have to look it up, they are going to withhold my payment and send out the ones for those who filed a 2019 return first.

I have the feeling this is going to be more trouble than it's wort, especially since, as I said previously, it will probably be paid back to the feds somehow, sometime in the future  anyway.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2020, 11:36:12 pm »
Thanks.  That link does say if I collect SS (which I do), the IRS should have my direct deposit information.  So why they don't know who I am is a puzzle.  I'm guessing because they might have to look it up, they are going to withhold my payment and send out the ones for those who filed a 2019 return first.

I have the feeling this is going to be more trouble than it's wort, especially since, as I said previously, it will probably be paid back to the feds somehow, sometime in the future  anyway.
You're welcome. I figure it offsets the well over 10K in business expenses for an employee they wouldn't let me deduct, just a little. But I'm not holding my breath. Until the check is in my hand, it means nothing.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2020, 11:48:18 pm »
You're welcome. I figure it offsets the well over 10K in business expenses for an employee they wouldn't let me deduct, just a little. But I'm not holding my breath. Until the check is in my hand, it means nothing.

Well, in the beginning I joked that I wanted my check to be in the amount of $30,000 which is about how much my retirement nest egg lost in the market when the excrement hit the fan. Today though the market looks a bit better, so I'll settle for $1200.  LOL

Offline libertybele

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2020, 11:52:43 pm »

Nope, not holding my breath either.  With checks going to dead people and into wrong accounts; I'm not expecting a dime.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2020, 12:12:17 am »
Nope, not holding my breath either.  With checks going to dead people and into wrong accounts; I'm not expecting a dime.

Still nothing here either..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2020, 01:48:05 am »
I don't expect to get anything at all.  It will take a monumental screwup for the IRS to send me a check, even if it has "Donald Trump" written on it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2020, 01:54:30 am »
I don't expect to get anything at all.  It will take a monumental screwup for the IRS to send me a check, even if it has "Donald Trump" written on it.

We always pay so the IRS doesn't have our bank info...we have tried to use "Get my payment" ap but they are still processing our 2019 returns..been a couple of weeks now...they had the money out of our checking account in a day and a half... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34