State Chapters > Florida

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida

(1/2) > >>

libertybele:
I expected this ... but till mid May??  That's a really long time -- especially since it may extend beyond May.  I'm hoping he successfully gets them to listen -- otherwise we could see people moving either to the other coast or migrating north!  Miami-Dade county has over 1,600 cases (home to a lot of illegals).  I'm afraid if people don't listen we'll be the next New York!

Governor issues stay-at-home order for South Florida

ORLANDO, Fla. — Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Monday announced that he is issuing a stay-at-home order for the southern portion of the state as the number of positive coronavirus cases grows.

The order will apply to Broward, Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Monroe counties through the middle of May.

"The 'Safer-At-Home' [order] is the right move for southeast Florida," DeSantis said at a press conference at the Hard Rock Stadium, just north of Miami. "This is the time to do the right thing. Listen to all of your local officials."

"We will do this through the middle of May, and then see where we're at," he continued. ......

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490159-governor-to-issue-stay-at-home-order-for-south-florida

Right_in_Virginia:

--- Quote from: libertybele on March 30, 2020, 08:51:20 pm ---I expected this ... but till mid May??  That's a really long time -- especially since it may extend beyond May.  I'm hoping he successfully gets them to listen -- otherwise we could see people moving either to the other coast or migrating north!  Miami-Dade county has over 1,600 cases (home to a lot of illegals).  I'm afraid if people don't listen we'll be the next New York! [
--- End quote ---

The governor can always release the order early @libertybele

FWIW, I think DeSantis is doing a very good, very proactive job for Florida.  ---  Even going to Israel for the malaria drug and fighting the Holland America ship docking in Florida.

Virginia's lockdown has been extended to Jun 10.   888mouth

Tough times.  We're in them together.   :beer:

Cyber Liberty:
@libertybele

You've been distancing for a while now, how are you holding up over there?

musiclady:
Should have been done much sooner.  **nononono*

TomSea:
Washington Times:

--- Quote ---Trump says next 30 days will be pivotal in coronavirus fight

President Trump pleaded with Americans Monday to put their lives on hold for another 30 days, saying their behavior over the next month will make or break the country’s fight against the coronavirus.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/30/trump-says-next-30-days-will-be-pivotal-coronaviru/
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version