Author Topic: Country music's Joe Diffie dies from coronavirus, while fellow singer John Prine hospitalized with s  (Read 1077 times)

Offline corbe

Country music's Joe Diffie dies from coronavirus, while fellow singer John Prine hospitalized with symptoms

by Carlin Becker

March 29, 2020 08:44 PM

Country music star Joe Diffie died after developing complications following a positive test for the coronavirus, while fellow singer John Prine is in critical condition with virus symptoms.

The singer's family confirmed his death in a statement Sunday, which read, "GRAMMY-winning country music legend Joe Diffie passed away today, Sunday, March 29, from complications of coronavirus (COVID-19). His family respects their privacy at this time."

Diffie, 61, had confirmed he had the novel coronavirus on Friday. The singer and Grammy winner was known for several 1990s hits including, "Honky Tonk Attitude," "John Deere Green," and "Pickup Man."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/country-musics-joe-diffie-dies-from-coronavirus-while-fellow-singer-john-prine-hospitalized-with-symptoms
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
John Prine still hospitalized with COVID-19 but is now stable, his wife says
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/john-prine-still-hospitalized-with-covid-19-but-is-now-stable-his-wife-says/ar-BB11VP3m
Anything can still happen but this article said he was critical since last Thursday, now, this article says his wife says he is in stable condition, other articles seem to say similar.  So, just posting this update and "stable" certainly sounds better than "Critical".  I'll just post this here, if one feels it is important, post it in the "share" thread.

Yahoo came out with an article an hour ago, I think it must basically be an older article.... but, it's interesting that it says he was "intubated" which is a term I have vaguely heard used during all of this and is not a good sign, it means, I think, that it was urgent to deal with his condition:

Prine was hospitalized Thursday and intubated Saturday night after a “sudden onset” of the illness, the family said in a statement on his verified Twitter account.

https://news.yahoo.com/singer-songwriter-john-prine-critically-161201221.html

So, a story on the sidebar at this link does have another story where, repeating again, the wife says he is now in stable condition. A positive but we will see where this goes.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:26:27 am by TomSea »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I know Prine has a history of lung cancer so he is particularly at high risk of serious complications from this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The article makes no mention of any underlying conditions as usual.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

I'm a huge John Prine fan. Prayers for his recovery.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn