Author Topic: Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive  (Read 411 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
If this is accurate this is very troubling news.

Mystery In Wuhan: Recovered Coronavirus Patients Test Negative ... Then Positive

A spate of mysterious second-time infections is calling into question the accuracy of COVID-19 diagnostic tools even as China prepares to lift quarantine measures to allow residents to leave the epicenter of its outbreak next month. It's also raising concerns of a possible second wave of cases.

From March 18-22, the Chinese city of Wuhan reported no new cases of the virus through domestic transmission — that is, infection passed on from one person to another. The achievement was seen as a turning point in efforts to contain the virus, which has infected more than 80,000 people in China. Wuhan was particularly hard-hit, with more than half of all confirmed cases in the country.

But some Wuhan residents who had tested positive earlier and then recovered from the disease are testing positive for the virus a second time. Based on data from several quarantine facilities in the city, which house patients for further observation after their discharge from hospitals, about 5%-10% of patients pronounced "recovered" have tested positive again.

Some of those who retested positive appear to be asymptomatic carriers — those who carry the virus and are possibly infectious but do not exhibit any of the illness's associated symptoms — suggesting that the outbreak in Wuhan is not close to being over....

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/27/822407626/mystery-in-wuhan-recovered-coronavirus-patients-test-negative-then-positive
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe it has something to do with those marvelous test kits they manufacture over there that have a 80% failure rate? Nah, they probably ship all the defective ones to other countries out of their desire to promote good will and health around the world. Not to worry, I think I have figured out how China has lowered the infection rate among their people, I believe it has something to do with all those cremation urns I have read about them stockpiling.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe it has something to do with those marvelous test kits they manufacture over there that have a 80% failure rate? Nah, they probably ship all the defective ones to other countries out of their desire to promote good will and health around the world. Not to worry, I think I have figured out how China has lowered the infection rate among their people, I believe it has something to do with all those cremation urns I have read about them stockpiling.
I think you are right on all counts, and that someone got the shipment mixed up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis