Author Topic: Drivers need our support to keep on trucking in age of coronavirus  (Read 437 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Chris Tomlinson March 27, 2020

Truck drivers will undoubtedly rank highly in the pantheon to the pandemic’s heroes, but here in the middle of the COVID-19 fight, we need to give them a place to sleep, eat and relieve themselves.

As most of us stay home, venturing out only to gather groceries, they are the ones making sure we have what we need to survive. But we need to make sure they have what they need to drive, Jetco Delivery CEO Brian Fielkow told me

“You've got drivers who are away from home, they're on the front lines delivering and restocking the shelves for the rest of us,” he said. “But we have to put our money where our mouth is and make sure that drivers can execute safely, and they have places to stop, sleep and eat along the way.”

States and counties are shutting restaurants, rest stops, and the other places truckers rely on for basic needs. Drive-thru windows do not accommodate big rigs, but cashiers are forbidden from accepting walk-up orders. Maybe these places can make an exception when an 18-wheeler pulls up?

More: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/tomlinson/article/Drivers-need-our-support-to-keep-on-trucking-15161041.php

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Drivers need our support to keep on trucking in age of coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 01:29:12 pm »
Nice article, and our thanks to everyone who keeps the supply chain moving...   From the Farmer/Rancher, to the silo operators, feed lots-slaughter houses, to the truck drivers, to the retail establishments....  stockers, checkers.

While the medical professionals are the soldiers of this war, you are the base and foundation keeping the country from collapsing.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.