Author Topic: Do you qualify for a stimulus check in Senate’s coronavirus response bill?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I certainly won't.  My tax return from 2018 says I made way over.  I had to move funds around to buy my Castle.  :shrug:

Sometimes the timing just gets you no matter what.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Nope, zilch, but didn't want or expect any. 

But don't worry, we all will pay later with increased national debt and dillution of our currency.
Heaven help us from the Bleeping  idiots running this country.  And add the entitlement class who can't save up enough for an emergency , or can't take their lips off the left hind teat of the Government Sow

And its likely we have to pay it back in the next tax season and some who don't normally owe just might.  Nothing is free.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sometimes the timing just gets you no matter what.

Doesn't matter.  I got my dream Castle, that's worth more than money, and there's no mortgage.  Now Baby and I can kick back with a full pantry and armory.  I've had it with the foolishness.

And if the damned gummint wants to insist on sending me money, I'm giving it away.  To people who need it.  My town is hurting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
From what I understand, as a Vet I qualify automatically.
It will be just be folded into my retirement benefit without me having anything to do with it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

"Maybe I'll go to the movies.....by myself!"

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Everybody says, 'Nothing is free.'
This is true in more ways than just having to pay it back with taxes eventually.
The stimulus absolutely must fuel inflation. That is simply the way economics works.
That thousand dollars everybody is getting, is not going to buy a typical thousand dollars worth of goods.
As prices inflate on increased demand, the money correspondingly deflates.
In 'market basket' terms, the thousand dollars, because everyone gets it, will be worth much less in real terms.
Value is based solely on scarcity. Chucking thousand dollar bills out of an airplane all over the nation, kind of ruins the scarcity part of the equation.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From what I understand, as a Vet I qualify automatically.
It will be just be folded into my retirement benefit without me having anything to do with it.

@240B

You can always donate it to an organization like your local SPCA,Feline Hope,the Danny Thomas hospital in Tn,etc,etc,etc. They damn sure won't be getting any "free checks" from the government despite outfits like the SPCA,Feline Hope,and your local animal shelter getting bombed with pets people can't afford to keep any more.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
For the folks that need the money, I am fine with it.  For the hundreds of billions in pork, I am vehemently opposed to it.

I AM ALSO OPPOSED TO GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES THAT DID NOT LOSE ONE DIME IN INCOME TO GET THIS MONEY.  FOLKS WITH SIX FIGURE INCOMES, NO LOSS OF INCOME, WORKING IN GOVERNMENT, GET THIS MONEY WHEN THEY ARE NOT THE ONES IN NEED.  The excesses by our government astound me.

But hey, you can read what is in the legislation after it is passed.  Now that phrase applies not only to Nancy Pelosi, it applies to both parties and POTUS!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:59:47 am by jafo2010 »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@240B

You can always donate it to an organization like your local SPCA,Feline Hope,the Danny Thomas hospital in Tn,etc,etc,etc. They damn sure won't be getting any "free checks" from the government despite outfits like the SPCA,Feline Hope,and your local animal shelter getting bombed with pets people can't afford to keep any more.

@sneakypete

Great comment.  One update though....    ASPCA though not as radical as PETA spends too much on the administrative and political aspects of protecting our 4 legged friends.  I have always thought that the most "needy" and deserving of our dollars are the local shelters who generally rely on unpaid volunteers, and do their best to do so much with so little.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mortarman

I will be getting one an' I could use it. My hours have been cut down to 10 to 12 hrs. a week. This week I got sent home early on Monday an' given the rest of the week off. Got to go in next Monday to see how it goes.

:pop41:

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

Great comment.  One update though....    ASPCA though not as radical as PETA spends too much on the administrative and political aspects of protecting our 4 legged friends.  I have always thought that the most "needy" and deserving of our dollars are the local shelters who generally rely on unpaid volunteers, and do their best to do so much with so little.

@catfish1957

No argument there.

Offline Hoodat

Do you qualify for a stimulus check in Senate’s coronavirus response bill?

No, I do not qualify.  I did not work for it.  I did not earn it.  It isn't my money.

However, I suspect that I do qualify to pay back someone else's 'free money' check.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

I AM ALSO OPPOSED TO GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES THAT DID NOT LOSE ONE DIME IN INCOME TO GET THIS MONEY.  FOLKS WITH SIX FIGURE INCOMES, NO LOSS OF INCOME, WORKING IN GOVERNMENT, GET THIS MONEY WHEN THEY ARE NOT THE ONES IN NEED.  The excesses by our government astound me.

But hey, you can read what is in the legislation after it is passed.  Now that phrase applies not only to Nancy Pelosi, it applies to both parties and POTUS!!!!!!

DITTO!

If government workers aren't reporting to work, then they should be laid off just like everyone else.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, I do not qualify.  I did not work for it.  I did not earn it.  It isn't my money.

However, I suspect that I do qualify to pay back someone else's 'free money' check.

@Hoodat

If not and you feel neglected,I have a truck payment you could pay.