Author Topic: Peeps candy halts production due to coronavirus [Oh No!]  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Peeps candy halts production due to coronavirus [Oh No!]
« on: March 27, 2020, 02:22:28 pm »
Peeps candy halts production due to coronavirus
By Alicia Cohn - 03/27/20 08:48 AM EDT

Just weeks before Easter, the coronavirus has halted the production of Peeps.

Makers of the flavored marshmallow candy are "temporarily suspending production at our facilities in Bethlehem and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania" for at least two weeks, according to a statement on the Just Born Quality Confections website.

The company says all associates will be paid through the break and the two facilities will be sanitized while they are closed.
ADVERTISEMENT

The company is only the latest example of coronavirus halting or slowing down business. Restaurants and bars are closed in about half the states across the country, along with chain stores, independent stores and malls. Federal health guidelines warn people not to congregate in groups of 10 or more, and many locations have issued even stricter guidelines in an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus.

There are now more than 85,000 COVID-19 cases in the U.S.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/489808-peeps-candy-halts-production-due-to-coronavirus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Peeps candy halts production due to coronavirus [Oh No!]
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 02:30:10 pm »
Slightly heat and wet a standard Large Marshmallow.

Roll it in sugar.

Food coloring and a small artist paint brush....   Wahhh Lahhhhh
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 02:46:29 pm »
I’m pretty sure that more than enough Peeps were made and distributed to grocery stores well before the Coronavirus shut down any production.

For example, the day after New Year’s, stores were stocked to the brim with Valentines candies and goods.  The day after Valentine’s Day, all the Easter goods and candies were already on the shelves. Just after Halloween, all the stores are stocked full of Christmas items. Many stores start their “back to school” supply sales in June.

I recall taking a picture and posting to my FB friends of one of those Halloween pop up stores that opened in mid-July.

Now fresh eggs for Easter might be a different story due to panic buying (although even that is leveling out) but I’m pretty sure our national reserves of Peeps is just fine.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 02:54:47 pm »
I’m pretty sure that more than enough Peeps were made and distributed to grocery stores well before the Coronavirus shut down any production.

For example, the day after New Year’s, stores were stocked to the brim with Valentines candies and goods.  The day after Valentine’s Day, all the Easter goods and candies were already on the shelves. Just after Halloween, all the stores are stocked full of Christmas items. Many stores start their “back to school” supply sales in June.

I recall taking a picture and posting to my FB friends of one of those Halloween pop up stores that opened in mid-July.

Now fresh eggs for Easter might be a different story due to panic buying (although even that is leveling out) but I’m pretty sure our national reserves of Peeps is just fine.

Well when news of this spreads you won't find a peep in the stores...my Walmart shelves looks like a store in Venezuela.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 03:03:19 pm »
Well when news of this spreads you won't find a peep in the stores...my Walmart shelves looks like a store in Venezuela.

I recall my parents telling me about rationing of staples like flour and sugar and butter and things like gasoline during WWII. I’m sure we will be fine even if there is a Peeps shortage.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:40:06 pm »
Will this misery ever end???
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:50:09 pm »
Oh, woe is me!!!  Actually won't affect me, I can't stand the darn things, never bought them for my kids growing up, nor my grandkids.  Peeps are nothing but marshmallows with added chemicals. People aren't going to be missing anything.

Sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, contains less than 0.5% of the following ingredients: yellow #5 (Tartrazine), potassium sorbate (a preservative), natural flavors, carnauba wax.

Carnauba wax -- isn't that the stuff you use on cars??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 07:53:08 pm »
Seriously...does this even look appetizing?

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 07:53:57 pm »
Nah..
This is like Candy Corn... They just have warehouses and warehouses of the stuff.
No one has actually MADE candy corn since 1952...

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 09:16:02 pm »
Seriously...does this even look appetizing?

OK, no one get upset, but am I the only one that thinks about Trumps hair when looking at that Peep?