Author Topic: Bill Gates: If I were president, this is what I would do now to fight coronavirus  (Read 465 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bill Gates: If I were president, this is what I would do now to fight coronavirus
Catherine Clifford

If Bill Gates were President of the United States right now, he would prioritize keeping people across America in isolation to "flatten the curve" of the COVID-19 pandemic.

"The clear message [would be] that we have no choice to maintain this isolation and that's going to keep going for a period of time," Bill Gates told TED curator Chris Anderson on Tuesday. "In the Chinese case, it was like six weeks, so we have to prepare ourselves for that and do it very well."

According to Gates, "If you're doing isolation well [nationally], within about 20 days you'll see those numbers [of new cases] really change," i.e., go down, "…and that is a sign that you're on your way."

Read more at: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/25/what-bill-gates-would-do-to-fight-covid-19-if-he-were-us-president.html

Related, San Jose Mercury:

Coronavirus: Bill Gates predicted pandemic in 2015
Microsoft co-founder warned a virus like 1918 Spanish flu would spread “very quickly”

As the coronavirus spreads with a dangerous and relentless momentum, many Americans, including political leaders, have been shocked over how the pandemic has shut down the world economy, stretched hospitals to the breaking point, and transformed everyday living.

But Bill Gates warned five years ago that it was coming. In a TED talk in 2015, the Microsoft co-founder and billionaire philanthropist cited lessons learned from Western Africa’s 2014 Ebola virus crisis, and said the U.S. and other countries were not prepared for the future pandemic that was going to hit them.

“If anything kills over 10 million people in the next few decades, it’s most likely to be a highly infectious virus rather than a war,” Gates said. “Not missiles, but microbes.”

Read more at: https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/25/coronavirus-bill-gates-predicted-pandemic-in-2015/

I don't trust him, he seems to be into population control, seems fairly left wing.  Maybe liberals want long-isolation, conservatives want to get back to work as soon as possible. We are playing it by ear, maybe we will find out in a few days, what is next for us to do. Trump wanted the economy opened back up by Easter, so bing.com tells me,  that is April 12th.

I didn't know about this below until I heard about it the other day. It's like one of those things, one doesn't know whether to believe it or not, is that urban legend??

Population Control
Bill Gates’ Father, ‘Head’ of Planned Parenthood, Inspired His Abortion, Population Control Views
by APFLI | May 9, 2003 | Population Control | 0 comments

In a lengthy interview with Bill Moyers released today, Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates reveals the inspiration for his funding of pro-abortion population control measures.

Responding to a question by Moyers on how he came to fund “reproductive issues” Gates answered, “When I was growing up, my parents were always involved in various volunteer things. My dad was head of Planned Parenthood. And it was very controversial to be involved with that. And so it’s fascinating. At the dinner table my parents are very good at sharing the things that they were doing. And almost treating us like adults, talking about that.”

In the interview Gates says he is moved by measurable progress and on “safe birth reproductive family planning issues” he says.

Read more at:  http://www.physiciansforlife.org/bill-gates-father-head-of-planned-parenthood-inspired-his-abortion-population-control-views/

Cool website, I had never seen that... also, everyone can research the facts for themselves...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:41:12 am by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

He's an expert on everything.  Reminds me of Alyssa Milano or Rob Reiner in that respect. *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:58:38 am by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Stick to software Bill. Leave the policy stuff to the pros.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jpsb

You mean stick with stealing other people's software. That pretty much all Bill Gates ever did.

Offline PeteS in CA

If Bill Gates were President of the United States right now, he would prioritize keeping people across America in isolation ...

*****rollingeyes***** If you were the President of the UNited States, Mr. Gates, you would know you do not have the authority to order that. *****rollingeyes*****
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's easy to "isolate" one's self when you have a place like this to do it:

Offline The_Reader_David

Software?  Linus Torvald was spot on: I don't object to Bill Gates being rich, I object to Bill Gates having a lousy operating system.

On the other hand, the Surface Pro is a really nice piece of hardware.  If I could get a jailbroken one that ran a touch-screen enabled version of LinuX, I'd spring for one.  (I don't want to deal with the lousy operating system.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.