Author Topic: Horowitz: State legislatures must convene to control governors’ growing tyranny  (Read 202 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Something we should be watching closely and thinking about. 

Horowitz: State legislatures must convene to control governors’ growing tyranny

It’s become a game. Every day at a specific time, each governor, and now even county executive, announces a press conference where, with the flick of the pen, they issue edicts that violate more inalienable natural rights than at any time in this nation’s history. What started out as a prudent move has now devolved into a free-for-all of tyranny against peaceful citizens, as authorities release criminals from prison. It’s time to demand that state legislatures reconvene and start setting parameters and guidelines. It’s time to return to self-governance.

We all went along with the severe social distancing and the termination of all public gatherings to help safety during this epidemic. Even this is no picnic, because it includes the cancellation of all religious services as well as school. We must recognize the danger of unilateral executive actions halting the most sacred constitutional rights. Nonetheless, it was clear that these first actions were called for and passed the rational basis test of using the policies least restrictive of liberty to achieve a vital state interest.

Now, however, that states are moving to indefinite lockdowns without presenting any evidence that this is needed, over and above the severe distancing, it’s past time for us to ask questions.  Placing Americans indefinitely under house arrest without any due process, transparency, time limit, guidelines, or checks and balances on a single executive is something that should shake us to our core.

That is true even if we were dealing with Ebola and a 60 percent death rate. It would certainly be necessary in that case, but still we should be jarred by the short-term and long-term implications of one county or state official wielding such power and the economic, logistical, mental health, and physical health problems it’s creating. Mark my words: This genie will not be put back in the bottle.

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/horowitz-state-legislatures-must-convene-control-governors-growing-tyranny/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.