Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159240 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #300 on: March 30, 2020, 03:42:31 pm »
It sounds like Trump is listening to his medical advisors.

As I have said before, I never thought I’d be using the words “wise” and “Trump” in the same sentence, but this is a wise decision.

After May 1, high risk people should still isolate and everyone should continue to sanitize everything, but businesses should be up and running again and the economy will recover.

I mean this IS America!  :patriot:

That is what I am hoping for.  I think I have reason to be optimistic.  Meanwhile, in related news, the Stock Market did not respond in the manner I expected.  I expected a thousand-point drop in the Blue Chips this morning because of this announcement, but it is, in fact, up over 400. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #301 on: March 30, 2020, 04:52:02 pm »
I'm sure, these kinds of cases will be extremely rare, exception to the rule:

Illinois health officials announce first death of an infant with COVID-19
by KHQA   Saturday, March 28th 2020

The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported the death of an infant younger than one year in Chicago who tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

“There has never before been a death associated with COVID-19 in an infant. A full investigation is underway to determine the cause of death,” said IDPH Director Dr. Ngozi Ezike. “We must do everything we can to prevent the spread of this deadly virus. If not to protect ourselves, but to protect those around us.”

Older adults are at higher risk of severe illness, and more than 85% of deaths in Illinois are among individuals 60 years of age and older. However, people of all ages are suffering severe illness.

More at: https://abc7amarillo.com/news/nation-world/illinois-health-officials-announce-first-death-of-an-infant-with-covid-19

I know I heard of one case about a week ago, this may or may not be that one.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2020, 05:06:12 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2020, 05:22:14 pm »

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1244640687812993024

Andrew Cuomo @NYGovCuomo
·
2h
Welcome to New York, @USNSComfort
We knew from the outset that expanded hospital capacity was critical.
We asked and the federal government answered.
This ship is a step forward in our fight against Coronavirus.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #305 on: March 30, 2020, 05:24:32 pm »

Andrew Cuomo @NYGovCuomo
·
2h

Andy Cuomo is a lot smarter than Nancy Pelosi.
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #306 on: March 30, 2020, 05:29:45 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #307 on: March 30, 2020, 05:39:17 pm »
Andy Cuomo is a lot smarter than Nancy Pelosi.

Looks like 7 out of 10 NYers probably agree.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2020, 06:00:58 pm »
https://www.localmemphis.com/article/news/crime/man-accused-of-spraying-business-with-substance-labeled-covid-19-terrorism-task-force-investigating/522-7ae02552-a237-448c-b6cc-3c0d8f358551

Man sprayed substance he labeled "Covid-19" around business. Story is not copying over.  Read at link.  Yes, we are bound to have a few kinds of these stories.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2020, 06:58:21 pm »
New cases in New York drop below 7,000. I believe this is the second straight decline for that state.

Anecdotally—this is on top of the state catching up on testing (the local positive tests seem to be coming back the next day as opposed to several days earlier in the outbreak) which may be bumping up the current new caseload. Hard to tell with the CDC not updating the "symptom onset" chart since the 26th.

Erie County (Buffalo) went from 85 new cases the other day, to 68 yesterday, to 36 today. The progress at this point is obvious. Much of New York will likely be free of new COVID cases by the end of next month, of that I am virtually certain.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2020, 07:01:57 pm »

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #311 on: March 30, 2020, 07:15:27 pm »
From the NYC Health Dept: 

Farzad Mostashari
@Farzad_MD
·
5h
New York City Emergency Room visits continued the downward trajectory through the weekend!

I'm hoping we see a blunting of the hospitalization rate soon.

We may have turned the corner on infections, though ICU admissions and deaths will not peak for 1-2 weeks.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2020, 08:10:40 pm »
03-30-2020 | 19:39 GMT

REGIONRecov:Death     Cases:Recov
Global  4.33 ↓  4.82 ↑
US/Can/Mex      2.07 ↑ 26.61 ↓
China 22.91 ↑  1.076↓

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

North America numbers continue to move in right direction.  Look for us to pass surpass Global numbers in about 10 days as ours continue to improve while global continues to decline.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2020, 08:40:27 pm »
More People Died From Suicide Than Coronavirus In Tennessee This Week
March 27, 2020 By Tristan Justice

Knox County, Tennessee saw nine deaths by suicide within 48 hours this week as doomsday predicitons over the novel Wuhan coronavirus panics an already axious public and leaves millions unemployed and isolated.

In Tennessee, the crisis is taking its toll on those who were not physically sick but who appear to have fallen victim to the virus anyway. As of this writing, more people have died from suicide in Knox County than people have from the virus in the entire state, where there have been 6 fatalities from the disease, according to the Tennessee Department of Health.

“That number is completely shocking and makes me wonder if what we are doing now is really the best approach,” said Knoxville, Tennessee Mayor Glenn Jacobs. “We have to determine how we can respond to COVID-19 in a way that keeps our economy intact, keeps people employed and empowers them with a feeling of hope and optimism – not desperation and despair.”

Read more at: https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/27/more-people-died-from-suicide-than-coronavirus-in-tennessee-this-week/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2020, 08:44:00 pm »

Andrew Cuomo @NYGovCuomo
·
2h

Maybe so, but those guys aren't even two feet apart. So much for "social distancing".
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2020, 08:44:54 pm »

As I have been so repeatedly informed when comparing with the flu, with traffic deaths, etc. that is irrelevant.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2020, 09:06:29 pm »
As I have been so repeatedly informed when comparing with the flu, with traffic deaths, etc. that is irrelevant.

Repeatedly and correctly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2020, 09:10:28 pm »
Repeatedly and correctly.
Not so correctly, as the purpose was to provide perspective, but thanks for popping up again.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:47 pm »
Not so correctly, as the purpose was to provide perspective, but thanks for popping up again.

You're welcome.

I think pretty much everyone knows that more people aren't dying per week from COVID-19 than from anything else that exists.

The ONLY time we'll have "perspective" is when this pandemic is over and things can accurately be assessed.

Until then, your "perspective" is white noise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2020, 09:30:51 pm »
You're welcome.

I think pretty much everyone knows that more people aren't dying per week from COVID-19 than from anything else that exists.

The ONLY time we'll have "perspective" is when this pandemic is over and things can accurately be assessed.

Until then, your "perspective" is white noise.
Sing that at their funerals. They are just white noise.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2020, 09:37:58 pm »
Sing that at their funerals. They are just white noise.

Oh, c'mon, Joe.  You're better than that.

The statistics are white noise.  Not the people.  Yikes.   **nononono*

The point is, and the truth is, there is no "perspective" on the numbers until they are all in, so your pointing out the people die in other ways is not relevant.  We all KNOW that.  This thread is for news about the pandemic, not a defense of your minimizing its importance or the tragedy of it.

« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2020, 09:39:03 pm »
I think we can all be thankful for the generosity of Mike Lindell of myPillow.com and equally for tonight's great ratings.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2020, 09:40:00 pm »
8888crybaby

I know.  How many other churches, choirs, groups got together thinking they were fine because they were all asymptomatic, but ended up hospitalized, in ICU's or dead because they got together to sing, or whatever they were doing?

This has got to be repeated all over the country.

Tragic.