Author Topic: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2  (Read 159392 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Coronavirus, comprehensive and updates discussion 2
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2020, 09:31:22 pm »
I could do 3, 4 months easy. But I'd have to stock up on dog food. I only keep a week or two of dog food.

I could do better than that. Good on ya... But that is little solace for MOST.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2020, 09:37:08 pm »
Well, remember,  it seems possible though not certain, that it could end with the end of flu season... and yes, it could come back next year. We are in uncharted territory but at least, there is that possibilty.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2020, 09:38:04 pm »
True, so it will be up to folks like us to take care of those unprepared people we care about. So cut my 3/4 months in half. But I live right on the water and I how to fish. No rent, no mortgage, bills are all paid and money (not a lot) in the bank. I can help a few.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2020, 09:38:18 pm »
On the lighter side...this was posted to the internet...

Ben.  3-16-20
homed school

"It's not going good.  my mom is getting stressed out.
my mom is really confused.  we took a break so my mom
can figure this stuff out and I'm telling you it is not going good."         :rolling: :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2020, 09:40:18 pm »
True, so it will be up to folks like us to take care of those unprepared people we care about. So cut my 3/4 months in half. But I live right on the water and I how to fish. No rent, no mortgage, bills are all paid and money (not a lot) in the bank. I can help a few.

I'm with ya.  No mortgage, bills are all paid and money in the bank.  I live on the water, but don't like fish.  I have a supply of dehydrated food and paper goods to last for awhile. We are helping out someone who lost their job, lived paycheck to paycheck and waiting on unemployment.

I just don't know how folks are living that are in the same boat, with families to feed ... what are they going to do?  Unemployment is going to take awhile as its backlogged -- stimulus not for 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:43:03 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2020, 09:42:39 pm »
I'm with ya.  No mortgage, bills are all paid and money in the bank.  I live on the water, but don't like fish.  I have a supply of dehydrated food and paper goods to last for awhile.

I don't like to fish either, but if I get real hungry ............. I'll send one of the women to fish. LOL.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: March 27, 2020, 09:45:13 pm »

That's enough to help  you and yours... And that is my ultimate response too. We are country folks and will get by just fine...
But it ain't no where near enough. The cities start tipping over, people will be eating each other. And that is only half-heartedly hyperbolic.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #157 on: March 27, 2020, 09:53:30 pm »
April 8 - April 16 - this thing gets turned around.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:35 pm »
I don't like to fish either, but if I get real hungry ............. I'll send one of the women to fish. LOL.
Fishing relaxes me.  It's like yoga, but I still get to kill something.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2020, 10:04:42 pm »
That's enough to help  you and yours... And that is my ultimate response too. We are country folks and will get by just fine...
But it ain't no where near enough. The cities start tipping over, people will be eating each other. And that is only half-heartedly hyperbolic.

That's what I'm afraid of as well.  I'm not in the country, but we've been prepared for years...I learned from experiencing our first hurricane season.  I've been preparing and have stocked up on goods ever since.  We never quite expected a pandemic - but we are as prepared as can be.  (We even have colloidal silver, sambucus and potassium iodide tablets -- but unfortunately, I've let them get dated.  Shame on me.)

Nothing to say that those who lost their jobs are going to have a job to go back to.  Unemployment is back logged, regardless of what is being said -- the program may be expanded but definitely not expedited and offices are closed for a couple of weeks.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2020, 10:13:42 pm »
That's what I'm afraid of as well.  I'm not in the country, but we've been prepared for years...I learned from experiencing our first hurricane season.  I've been preparing and have stocked up on goods ever since.  We never quite expected a pandemic - but we are as prepared as can be.  (We even have colloidal silver, sambucus and potassium iodide tablets -- but unfortunately, I've let them get dated.  Shame on me.)

Me too - Not as technically... Water, for instance... I have a clearwater creek right in the back yard, with its head, an artesian spring, less than a block away. But even without that, my go=bag is geared to boil water, and not rely on chemical cures.  Every container in my kit is stainless steel, precisely so I can put it in the fire... And push come to shove, I know how to make a still, and can rig that up almost as easy, so water is always covered, and not dependent on anything that will expire.

Likewise colloidal silver. I can make my own.

Nothing to say that those who lost their jobs are going to have a job to go back to.  Unemployment is back logged, regardless of what is being said -- the program may be expanded but definitely not expedited and offices are closed for a couple of weeks.

I can say this: Were I to have to park my old businesses, any one of them, for a month, there would be no jobs to come back to.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2020, 10:21:01 pm »
Me too - Not as technically... Water, for instance... I have a clearwater creek right in the back yard, with its head, an artesian spring, less than a block away. But even without that, my go=bag is geared to boil water, and not rely on chemical cures.  Every container in my kit is stainless steel, precisely so I can put it in the fire... And push come to shove, I know how to make a still, and can rig that up almost as easy, so water is always covered, and not dependent on anything that will expire.

Likewise colloidal silver. I can make my own.

I can say this: Were I to have to park my old businesses, any one of them, for a month, there would be no jobs to come back to.

Clearwater creek and an artesian spring --- it doesn't get any better.  You are fortunate.

Did you see my earlier post about a 106 year old  "Dad" that survived the Spanish flu???  -- He claims "whiskey" saved him. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2020, 10:45:44 pm »
Clearwater creek and an artesian spring --- it doesn't get any better.  You are fortunate.

That is somewhat by design - I have never owned a property without good water on it... But also, most creeks are good clear water around here... Caution drinking out of lakes, or where beaver ponds are present, thus the inbuilt need to boil if necessary... But by and large, because I live in the Rockies, potable water right from the land is a rare problem. I carry about 1/2 gallon in my kit, because good water is seldom more than a half-day walk away.

Did you see my earlier post about a 106 year old  "Dad" that survived the Spanish flu???  -- He claims "whiskey" saved him.

Dunno about the whiskey - But I doubt I will get it, and if I do, it won't get me bad.
Fire cider and way more vinegar in my diet makes my body chemistry way less inviting to bugs.

Add to that, treatment with thieves oil and oregano oil are extremely effective anti-virals...
Add to that, jackin Cs somewhere around 6-8k IU a day is yet another very effective anti-viral.

And due to my arthritic problems, strangely enough, my white blood cells are junkyard dogs.  :laugh:

So I ain't worried about it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:02 pm »
April 8 - April 16 - this thing gets turned around.

Just in time, I pray, for an angry God to Passover our home....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2020, 10:51:38 pm »

Why isn't that that man on President Trump's China-virus task force?  I am ready to report for duty for a clinical study.  I'm all in, if it means keeping the America that all America loves for their children or grandchildren, and that doesn't make me brave or noble.

:flag:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2020, 10:53:23 pm »
Just in time, I pray, for an angry God to Passover our home....

Too late... The barley is aviv and passover is the day before the next full moon - Predictably the evening of the 6th... But there will be blood on my doorposts.  :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2020, 11:06:57 pm »
That is somewhat by design - I have never owned a property without good water on it... But also, most creeks are good clear water around here... Caution drinking out of lakes, or where beaver ponds are present, thus the inbuilt need to boil if necessary... But by and large, because I live in the Rockies, potable water right from the land is a rare problem. I carry about 1/2 gallon in my kit, because good water is seldom more than a half-day walk away.

Dunno about the whiskey - But I doubt I will get it, and if I do, it won't get me bad.
Fire cider and way more vinegar in my diet makes my body chemistry way less inviting to bugs.

Add to that, treatment with thieves oil and oregano oil are extremely effective anti-virals...
Add to that, jackin Cs somewhere around 6-8k IU a day is yet another very effective anti-viral.

And due to my arthritic problems, strangely enough, my white blood cells are junkyard dogs.  :laugh:

So I ain't worried about it.
happy77

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2020, 12:26:56 am »
Hoodat wrote:
"April 8 - April 16 - this thing gets turned around."

Too soon.
Make it May 15-30, that's more like it.
Once new infections peak, then plateau, then start downward.
That's a good ways off, yet.

Restore the population to "normal circulation" before enough time has passed, and it could "restart the infection rate", as well.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2020, 01:33:21 am »
Hoodat wrote:
"April 8 - April 16 - this thing gets turned around."

Too soon.
Make it May 15-30, that's more like it.
Once new infections peak, then plateau, then start downward.
That's a good ways off, yet.

Restore the population to "normal circulation" before enough time has passed, and it could "restart the infection rate", as well.

That's what the models from the Cleveland Clinic are saying.

The peak is mid-May.   Some things may get back to 'normal' (or more likely what will be a new normal) by Easter, but things won't settle out until we're on the other side of the curve.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2020, 03:50:06 am »
Peaks will differ with locales I would think. I believe I heard today,  NY's peak will be in 2 weeks but surely, that won't be true for all.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2020, 04:34:13 am »
All I can say is if you have to kill do it with kindness. Fishing is a bit different, I suppose. But you don't grab chicken by the legs and take it screaming over to the chopping block and lop off it's head. You toss down a bit of feed, and when it is too interested in that to mind you, you reach down with and expert grip on it's neck, give it a wrenching spin that rips off it's head and then throw it away from the others so it can run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and reach down for another.

I was taught to kill with kindness.  Several experts taught me how.  I would never intentionally cause pain and suffering to any animal. But I sure as hell will kill it for food.

Like knowing how to grow a garden. Or prune a fruit tree.

A lesson in will and intent.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2020, 04:37:55 am »
And one other.

There isn't any...ANY...religious..."holiday" in this effing world that means anything.

Have G-D in your heart mind and soul every day. Every day.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2020, 04:42:01 am »
And one other.

There isn't any...ANY...religious..."holiday" in this effing world that means anything.

Have G-D in your heart mind and soul every day. Every day.

That ain't what YHWH says... so who to believe...  :pondering:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2020, 04:59:50 am »
That ain't what YHWH says... so who to believe...  :pondering:

You can't do it so you follow the words written by men.

Yeah, HE did. In the First set.

I ain't saying I am better. I am saying I know the difference. And I will pay that Price.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2020, 05:21:08 am »
You can't do it so you follow the words written by men.

Nah. in fact I do what I do because I do not believe the words written by men.
I do what Yah says to do in spite of what men say.

Yeah, HE did. In the First set.

...According to men.  Get that idea out of your head and you will find nothing in the NT thatoverrides the OT. Because it CAN'T. It cannot be changed, not one jot or tittle, or the one who changed it is by definition, a false prophet. Can't get around that, no matter what.

I ain't saying I am better. I am saying I know the difference.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't have to know the difference. All I have to do is as he said.
Those that listen to men find that impossible to do... I know, I was one.

And I will pay that Price.

Yep. Work it out with fear and trembling...
 :beer: