Author Topic: Senate eyes quick exit after vote on coronavirus stimulus package  (Read 533 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate eyes quick exit after vote on coronavirus stimulus package
By Jordain Carney - 03/24/20 05:56 PM EDT

Senators are floating a quick exit from Washington, D.C., after they pass a massive coronavirus stimulus bill that is being finalized Tuesday.

The expectation among senators is that once the chamber passes the legislation, likely on Wednesday, they will not be in session for at least three weeks.

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), a member of GOP leadership, stressed that the decision is up to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) but said it was his expectation that the chamber would recess after this week.

"My guess is we probably don't come in next week and then don't come in the two weeks we're scheduled" to be on recess, Blunt said, adding that they would "use those three weeks to get ready for whatever is phase four."

Blunt said some senators could stay in town to work on additional coronavirus legislation but that "likely we're not in an active daily session."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/489332-senate-eyes-quick-exit-after-vote-on-coronavirus-stimulus-package
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Senate eyes quick exit after vote on coronavirus stimulus package
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:23:57 pm »
I don't know about this being a good idea.  I'd wait until the other House passes it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 11:53:38 pm »
Well if they don't get rid of the liberal pork and pass it anyway I could understand wanting to make a quick getaway.

Trump said he wouldn't sign.  He has said that before.  We will see.  I hope he holds to his word this time. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 12:18:11 am »
Cyber wrote:
"I don't know about this being a good idea.  I'd wait until the other House passes it."

Might be a good strategy to pass it and "get outta town".
Then the pressure will be on the House to accept it "as it is", or bear the onus for refusing to do so...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 12:19:11 am »
Well if they don't get rid of the liberal pork and pass it anyway I could understand wanting to make a quick getaway.

Trump said he wouldn't sign.  He has said that before.  We will see.  I hope he holds to his word this time.

Of course he will. *****rollingeyes*****

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 12:41:10 am »
Cyber wrote:
"I don't know about this being a good idea.  I'd wait until the other House passes it."

Might be a good strategy to pass it and "get outta town".
Then the pressure will be on the House to accept it "as it is", or bear the onus for refusing to do so...

That could work...if the House Rats had any shame.  I am not hopeful.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 01:27:03 am »
That could work...if the House Rats had any shame.  I am not hopeful.

At this point I would rather not see a deal. The Senate had it right, they worked through everything in the open. Now it's behind closed doors with Munchin, Pelosi & Schumer. Two out three who have no character.

We may be better off opening up our businesses again and taking our chances.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 02:50:56 am »
At this point I would rather not see a deal. The Senate had it right, they worked through everything in the open. Now it's behind closed doors with Munchin, Pelosi & Schumer. Two out three who have no character.

We may be better off opening up our businesses again and taking our chances.

I read that Nancy backed down and is going to support the original bill.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 02:54:41 am »
Emergency legislation, passed in haste with the imperative of doom, real, impending, or imagined, is the most dangerous kind.

Better nothing until the measures are carefully considered in light of more data.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 03:13:16 am »
SIX more TRILLIONS are on the table!!!

***suicide***

:soangry:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 03:14:16 am »
Emergency legislation, passed in haste with the imperative of doom, real, impending, or imagined, is the most dangerous kind.

Better nothing until the measures are carefully considered in light of more data.

Never gonna happen.
The whole dang thing was a hustle.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 03:19:06 am »
Never gonna happen.
The whole dang thing was a hustle.
Consider how many Dems won't be getting their usual cumshaw from the Chinese, and it'll take a fortune to replace that lost revenue.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis