61-70
14 (48.3%)
71-80
5 (17.2%)
81+
1 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: April 07, 2020, 05:30:19 pm

Author Topic: your age?  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: your age?
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 03:48:02 pm »
My younger sis does the same. She has a system down that keeps her 27... It used to be simple addition and subtraction, but anymore, it's turning into an algorithm  :laugh:.

Reminds me of a Yeoman we had in the Navy. We both had the same cheapest Timex watch they sold in the Ship's Store. They ran around 5 minutes off every day. He only set his watch when he bought it and never again. You could ask him the time and he factored the time delta almost instantly and he was right on.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 03:57:41 pm »
59 as of last month.  :whistle:

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 05:30:03 pm »
Reminds me of a Yeoman we had in the Navy. We both had the same cheapest Timex watch they sold in the Ship's Store. They ran around 5 minutes off every day. He only set his watch when he bought it and never again. You could ask him the time and he factored the time delta almost instantly and he was right on.
LOL!!

That ain't me. I can't keep time in a steel pail.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 06:15:52 pm »
LOL!!

That ain't me. I can't keep time in a steel pail.
Only punched a clock for nine months in the last 30 years. Ran on Geolograph (rig) time or 'Indian time' for the rest of it. Worked for me. I haven't worn a watch for 40 years.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 06:29:14 pm »
Only punched a clock for nine months in the last 30 years. Ran on Geolograph (rig) time or 'Indian time' for the rest of it. Worked for me. I haven't worn a watch for 40 years.

Yep... Indian time. Sun/hand-width is an hour, more or less. Hillbilly appointments are notoriously lax. 'mid-morning' or 'late afternoon' is as close to appointed time as you'll get, and that not very often.

I am different sitting here in Command Central, what with my phone nagging me, and 3 monitors telling me what... Every reminder, every to-do, right in front of my face... But that is because they have to be. The minute I unplug, which minute I long for, all that time falls right out of my ear. ad I am back on natural time. Which ain't time at all.

:beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 06:37:12 pm »
Yep... Indian time. Sun/hand-width is an hour, more or less. Hillbilly appointments are notoriously lax. 'mid-morning' or 'late afternoon' is as close to appointed time as you'll get, and that not very often.

I am different sitting here in Command Central, what with my phone nagging me, and 3 monitors telling me what... Every reminder, every to-do, right in front of my face... But that is because they have to be. The minute I unplug, which minute I long for, all that time falls right out of my ear. ad I am back on natural time. Which ain't time at all.

:beer:
Many moons ago I worked a well in Nevada. Had to be there for the pre-spud meeting, and was on the payroll from there. Problem was, the rig wasn't, completely, and that meant no light plant, not rigged up yet. So me and the guy working with me got paid to camp in the desert for a week. I was no stranger (nor was he) to cooking over a fire, and didn't have that many items with me that would go bad in the heat, anyway. Aside from going down to the river every couple of days to cut the sweat, it was pretty decent, and we spent the days inspecting equipment, getting stuff that had been looted from the mobile lab (a 700 mile scavenger hunt) and checking out the surface geology, which was pretty neat, in itself.

One thing I did notice, though, was that inside of a day, I was up with the sun and ready to sleep within an hour of dark. Right back to a natural rhythm without electric lights.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 06:56:25 pm »
One thing I did notice, though, was that inside of a day, I was up with the sun and ready to sleep within an hour of dark. Right back to a natural rhythm without electric lights.

That sounds like a good time. Though 700 miles, I hope at least horses were involved...

I am the same way - I have all kinds of trouble with my artificial environment... I have to remember to turn lights off at 9 pm or I will just keep going - I don't know it's dark. My last alarm is at 11pm which tells me to shut off everything, put on the kettle, and go out on the porch with my tea. Half an hour and I can feel that rhythm.

Same with morning. Inside my cave, with the windows shut all winter, I don't know the dawn. Terrible trouble getting up... groggy, grumpy... takes an hour or two to shake my giggles out.

But put me under the stars in a tarp shelter and I am up like a shot the minute the birds start squeaking half an hour before sunrise... Wide awake in an instant, and ready.

Yep. I know that rhythm thing. I feel it in my very bones. I am not made for time.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 07:10:30 pm »
I'm 59...crap y'all are old!

This is God's waiting room right here. happy77
@mrpotatohead
@roamer_1

Thank you, potato, for your message, you know the one.  I am 86 and running for Miss America when I am 100.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:13:05 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 07:11:14 pm »
I feel half naked without a watch.  Not a morning person either.  My wife says I am part werewolf, for I like the night.

Happy Birthday to EdinVA!

My age is 66.  I am in great health.  As long as my mind is functioning, I would like to continue living.