Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 127404 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1575 on: September 22, 2022, 01:38:07 am »
Rings of Power on Amazon. Not a barn burner, but not bad.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1576 on: September 22, 2022, 10:34:58 pm »
For those others who also enjoy classic rock.....

Netflix has a new documentary/concert called Travelin' Band: CCR at Royal Albert Hall.

New flick of previously unseen footage and music of CCR.  Narrated by "The Dude" Jeff Bridges.

Love it, and an excellent reminder how much great music this band made in a very short period of time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1577 on: September 22, 2022, 11:29:14 pm »

I just got a package from Amazon today and an ad for this show was on the packaging
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1578 on: September 23, 2022, 12:09:15 am »
For those others who also enjoy classic rock.....

Netflix has a new documentary/concert called Travelin' Band: CCR at Royal Albert Hall.

New flick of previously unseen footage and music of CCR.  Narrated by "The Dude" Jeff Bridges.

Love it, and an excellent reminder how much great music this band made in a very short period of time.
Saw it with the wife the other night. We're both huge CCR fans. You should read Fogerty's autobio where he goes through the acrimonious split with the band members including his own brother.
He couldn't even play his own songs publicly for many years until the tyrant who ran Fantasy Records, Saul Zaentz, finally croaked and the new owner allowed Fogerty to play his OWN!!! friggin' music again publicly.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1579 on: September 23, 2022, 02:56:10 pm »
Started watching the just-released LOU...on Netflix.

About a gnarly 70-something woman who lives by herself in the Pacific Northwest,
and whose guest-house tenant's eleven year-old daughter's kidnapping changes her plans.

Twenty-five minutes in, I'm guessing here... she's a retired professional assassin, government agent...or both.    happy77

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILhvR4QPsQ
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online rustynail

« Reply #1581 on: September 24, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
The Joe Biden show.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1582 on: September 24, 2022, 10:46:04 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROVo3I4ZE0

Prepare to be shocked if you have never heard this young lady sing before.

She's absolutely incredible.   

She did a cameo in "Lilyhammer" ... as Norway is/was her home.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #1583 on: September 25, 2022, 05:48:31 pm »
    40 years ago this Thursday, J&J and the FIB.

EXPOSED: Tylenol Murders Whistleblower Scott Bartz speaks out against Johnson & Johnson and the FBI

https://youtu.be/qH7To2Drm-Y
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 05:57:19 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1584 on: September 25, 2022, 09:15:20 pm »
Tonight:
"This is not a Test" -- low budget film from 1962 about nuclear war...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1585 on: September 25, 2022, 10:50:56 pm »
SOME broadcast tv channels. Most of which are crap like home shopping and PBS.

Lost my internet and sat tv channels earlier,and just got the tv antenna shows working again.

Some of them,anyway.

With a LOT of luck,I might be able to focus enough to get the web channels working again. Damn chemo brain makes it hard to focus on unfamiliar tech stuff.

When it first went down I thought it might be my router,so I swapped it out for a new one I already had in the house,and ended up going backwards. Can't get the damn thing to work with my tv because I need a password that I don't have. Must have punched the wrong button somewhere along the line. My tv shows me connected to the web,but it demands a freaking password before it will let me go there,and I have no freaking idea what the password would be.

Gonna take a break from it for  a while and try to let some of the stress leak away before trying again.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #1586 on: September 26, 2022, 02:34:50 am »
   No wonder Mitch the Bi1ch changed Kentucky laws and invested heavily in Hemp.

https://youtu.be/eqLXXjvQXgI
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1587 on: September 26, 2022, 03:00:19 am »
Before you kill the switch on Netflix, you MUST watch FATHER STU.

You will never 'see' Mark Wahlberg the same way.  Tremendous cast/screenplay/story.  He financed the production out of his own funds.

...sort of like a Sylvester Stallone/Rocky endeavor.

Father Stu....

Now @DCPatriot ...

I went all the way back and found this post of a purpose...
I don't recommend much when it comes to movies in this day.

But I will recommend this one HANDS DOWN!

Brilliant! Great, and I mean that. I am surprised it is on Netflix.

Thank you so very much for the recommendation. Everyone needs to watch this show.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1588 on: September 26, 2022, 03:04:48 am »
Father Stu....

Now @DCPatriot ...

Thank you so very much for the recommendation. Everyone needs to watch this show.

@roamer_1

:beer:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1589 on: September 29, 2022, 04:01:30 pm »
Season Finale of “Resident Alien” last night.
 :Aliens:
It’s turning into one of those shows that’s getting more and more popular by word of mouth.

Seriously, one of the best first run SF shows out there.

Stars Alan Tudyk with cameos this season from George Takai and Nathan Fillion. And Giorgio T from “Ancient Aliens”

👽👽👽

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1590 on: September 29, 2022, 09:53:30 pm »
Father Stu....

Now @DCPatriot ...

@roamer_1

Was thread surfing ...saw your post and decided to re-watch the trailer.

Even the trailer made me choke-up again!    happy77

Mel Gibson and Teresa Weaver... and the Mexican 'love-interest' is a doppelganger
for my former Venezuelan cleaning lady...Nelitza - such a beauty!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1591 on: September 30, 2022, 03:36:16 am »
@roamer_1

Was thread surfing ...saw your post and decided to re-watch the trailer.

Even the trailer made me choke-up again!    happy77

Mel Gibson and Teresa Weaver... and the Mexican 'love-interest' is a doppelganger
for my former Venezuelan cleaning lady...Nelitza - such a beauty!

I honestly watched it twice @DCPatriot   :beer:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1592 on: September 30, 2022, 07:49:15 pm »
Watched a couple of seasons of Frasier after I finished Cheers. Basically the same situational theme following in the theme of Cheers. Some stupid little simple problem turns into complete chaos because the characters massively overreact and make things 10 times worse (every single time).

It's a light stupid nothing little show. And just like Al Bundy every time anything positive happens, the characters always find a way to screw it up and turn it into a disaster (every single time). Don't even pay attention anymore when some Great thing happens, knowing that will inevitably end in a fiasco. All the sitcoms were like that back then. People just couldn't get enough of watching people win, and then come crashing down in failure. That's essentially the whole show.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1593 on: October 01, 2022, 12:14:44 am »
Watched a couple of seasons of Frasier after I finished Cheers. Basically the same situational theme following in the theme of Cheers. Some stupid little simple problem turns into complete chaos because the characters massively overreact and make things 10 times worse (every single time).

It's a light stupid nothing little show. And just like Al Bundy every time anything positive happens, the characters always find a way to screw it up and turn it into a disaster (every single time). Don't even pay attention anymore when some Great thing happens, knowing that will inevitably end in a fiasco. All the sitcoms were like that back then. People just couldn't get enough of watching people win, and then come crashing down in failure. That's essentially the whole show.

@240B

Not me. I kept hoping to see Al win one.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1594 on: October 01, 2022, 01:39:08 am »

@240B

Not me. I kept hoping to see Al win one.
Maybe, but he never did. Cheers never won. The hapless Frasier and his brother always lose, regardless of how rich, successful, and intellectual they are. That whole era, including Bundy, Malcolm, and even Roseanne, was all about people gaining something very good, and then losing it all or more by the end of the episode. It is all about losing. I have no opinion one way or the other about these shows except to say that being a perpetual loser was very popular on TV back in those days.

And these transparent obvious setups are ridiculous. Every time anyone says, 'Well, at least it is not raining'. What do you imagine is going to happen in the next five seconds?

'I'm glad XYZperson never saw this!' Knock at the door ... who do you imagine it is? And then everyone freaks the f**k out and hides behind curtains, under the carpet, and behind the couch. All to be discovered one by one.

'You can do anything you want. Please, just do not break my antique lamp!' That's the setup for the whole show. Then they go through these basically 'insane' schemes to fix the lamp which always never work.

These shows are all the same cookie cutter templates, and they are all variations based on the "I Love Lucy" format.

Just my opinion.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1595 on: October 01, 2022, 02:43:55 am »
Maybe, but he never did. Cheers never won. The hapless Frasier and his brother always lose, regardless of how rich, successful, and intellectual they are. That whole era, including Bundy, Malcolm, and even Roseanne, was all about people gaining something very good, and then losing it all or more by the end of the episode. It is all about losing. I have no opinion one way or the other about these shows except to say that being a perpetual loser was very popular on TV back in those days.

And these transparent obvious setups are ridiculous. Every time anyone says, 'Well, at least it is not raining'. What do you imagine is going to happen in the next five seconds?

'I'm glad XYZperson never saw this!' Knock at the door ... who do you imagine it is? And then everyone freaks the f**k out and hides behind curtains, under the carpet, and behind the couch. All to be discovered one by one.

'You can do anything you want. Please, just do not break my antique lamp!' That's the setup for the whole show. Then they go through these basically 'insane' schemes to fix the lamp which always never work.

These shows are all the same cookie cutter templates, and they are all variations based on the "I Love Lucy" format.

Just my opinion.

I much prefered the sitcom formula of the Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres era than the latter fray.  I think All in the Family and Mash changed the tenor of the genre. And not for the better.  Some of those early Bev. Hillibillies shows are still gut busting funny.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1596 on: October 01, 2022, 04:51:26 pm »
I much prefered the sitcom formula of the Beverly Hillbillies and Green Acres era than the latter fray.  I think All in the Family and Mash changed the tenor of the genre. And not for the better.  Some of those early Bev. Hillibillies shows are still gut busting funny.
The wife and I binge-watched the BHs when down in Arizona last January. Still a very funny show.
My favorite on the show was actually Banker Drysdale played by Raymond Bailey. I was surprised to see Bailey in a number of tv and film roles prior to the Hillbillies where he played serious characters. Hitchcock used him in a number of his tv shows.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1597 on: October 01, 2022, 11:43:51 pm »
"The Last Kingdom" on Netflix.

A tale based on truth about Ragnar,the Viking,and his life.

Pretty good stuff!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1598 on: October 02, 2022, 01:04:29 am »

Ditto... I don't have to have action every second... I enjoy a character movie when they finally get around to making one I care for in the series (not really any yet to be honest). So I watch for the scenery and a glimpse of Tolkien creative magic.

Also watched/watching the new Star Wars show (think it is called Andor)... It is a slow developing show too... that is fine... (think it is only about 4 episodes in now)... but I did like the other two S.W. shows (Mandalorian and Buba Fett, I may of misspelled that). Say what you will, they do keep the shows clean language wise, which I like.

I actually like the new Star Wars stuff better than I like Star Wars.

https://youtu.be/cKOegEuCcfw

« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 01:06:26 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #1599 on: October 02, 2022, 08:32:11 pm »
Movie day... Feeling a little nostalgic, I am about halfway through 'Knight Rider 2000'...

And I am so very, very sorry.  8888crybaby

It's friggin awful.