Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 127432 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #600 on: July 15, 2021, 04:40:57 am »
Tired of woke United States Televison, and like dry hilarious UK humour.?

Today, I watched a gem on Amazon Prime that had my ribs sore from laughter.  Show is called Clarkson's Farm.

Premise is a well known gear head journalist (Jeremy Clarkson)  and TV host who buys a large farm (1000 acres) and documents his adventures, Show starts as he brings his new Lamborghini Tractor in for the hijinks. The real plus of this show is that Mr. Clarkson leans conservative, and  he  skewers beaurecrats, and envionmental whackos.  Really surprised Prime is airing it.  There are only 8-50 minutes epsiodes, so you can rip through it pretty quickly.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #601 on: July 15, 2021, 01:59:06 pm »
Tired of woke United States Televison, and like dry hilarious UK humour.?

Today, I watched a gem on Amazon Prime that had my ribs sore from laughter.  Show is called Clarkson's Farm.

Premise is a well known gear head journalist (Jeremy Clarkson)  and TV host who buys a large farm (1000 acres) and documents his adventures, Show starts as he brings his new Lamborghini Tractor in for the hijinks. The real plus of this show is that Mr. Clarkson leans conservative, and  he  skewers beaurecrats, and envionmental whackos.  Really surprised Prime is airing it.  There are only 8-50 minutes epsiodes, so you can rip through it pretty quickly.

@catfish1957

Thanks for the tip!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #602 on: July 15, 2021, 10:29:39 pm »
This past weekend I watched "Miracle Mile" (1988) on Saturday -- really off-the-wall for a disaster film, never could tell which way it was going.

Sunday I watched "The Last Man on Earth" (1964) with Vincent Price. This was the first of 3 versions of the sci-fi future/disaster book "I Am Legend".

I've already watched the 3rd version (titled "I Am Legend").
I have the in-between remake, "The Omega Man", waiting in the wings...

Offline verga

« Reply #603 on: July 26, 2021, 10:51:32 am »
@BassWrangler

PLEASE take that to your heart and do NOT give up!

NEVER GIVE UP ON HOPE!

NEVER!
Still praying for you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2021, 09:53:27 am »
I know several people in real life who keep telling me to watch “Ted Lasso”

I got a free subscription to Apple TV last year, and tried to get into it but couldn’t. I think I’ll give it another shot. It’s getting really good press right now, and it’s supposedly the second most viewed streaming  show on all the streaming platforms.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2021, 06:55:38 pm »
BLOOD RED SKY - 2021 - A woman with a mysterious illness is forced into action when a group of terrorists attempt to hijack a transatlantic overnight flight.  NETFLIX

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6402468/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGyuAOUpgs  YOUTUBE TRAILER...

Nadja and her ten-year-old son are on an overnight flight from Germany to New York when a group of terrorists violently take control of the plane and threaten the lives of the passengers.  Suddenly Nadja faces an impossible choice - should she reveal her dark side and the inner monster she has kept hidden from her son for years in order to save him? The hunters become the hunted in this action-horror from director Peter Thorwarth, starring Peri Baumeister and Dominic Purcell.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Weirdly... I liked the hell out of this movie! 

I mean, I put it on PAUSE and made some pancakes and stuff like that, but the longer the movie, the more enjoyable/riveting it was.   
:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2021, 08:13:53 pm »
Gunpowder Milkshake is alright. It was a fast watch because it is nonstop action.
It is a 'comic book' type movie very much like Kill Bill.
If you liked Kill Bill you will like this movie. They are the same but different.

Recently watched Das Boot on HULU in German.
The movie is WWII and is 50% about a submarine, but it is not the Das Boot we all know so well.
It is more about the French Underground than anything else.
If you like WWII drama then you will like it. If you are expecting the real Das Boot movie, you will be confused.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 08:24:27 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

BassWrangler

« Reply #607 on: July 29, 2021, 12:42:32 am »
Watching "The Fall", which stars that chick from the X-Files. It's a British drama about a serial killer and the cop trying to catch him. It's very good so far!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #608 on: August 01, 2021, 05:49:12 pm »
Doc Martin....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #609 on: August 01, 2021, 06:44:45 pm »
Must say I was disappointed in Sweet Tooth.  I found it predictable and over the top politically correct. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #610 on: August 01, 2021, 07:19:15 pm »
BLOOD RED SKY - 2021 - A woman with a mysterious illness is forced into action when a group of terrorists attempt to hijack a transatlantic overnight flight.  NETFLIX

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6402468/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUGyuAOUpgs  YOUTUBE TRAILER...

Nadja and her ten-year-old son are on an overnight flight from Germany to New York when a group of terrorists violently take control of the plane and threaten the lives of the passengers.  Suddenly Nadja faces an impossible choice - should she reveal her dark side and the inner monster she has kept hidden from her son for years in order to save him? The hunters become the hunted in this action-horror from director Peter Thorwarth, starring Peri Baumeister and Dominic Purcell.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Weirdly... I liked the hell out of this movie! 

I mean, I put it on PAUSE and made some pancakes and stuff like that, but the longer the movie, the more enjoyable/riveting it was.   
 :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
@DCPatriot
Watched it and hated it (no reflection on you or your tastes). I hear it is extremely popular with most people.
Zombie/Vampire movies bore me to death. Maybe if I was 13 years old again, maybe I would have liked it. However me in my old age, have been zombied and vampired to death.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 07:27:06 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #611 on: August 01, 2021, 07:26:27 pm »
I am watching Breaking Bad for the first time (so don't spoil the ending for me).
At the beginning of Season 5 now.

Definitely caught the Reservoir Dogs reference of Mr. White and Mr. Pink.
Funny thing about the show is that there is no protagonist. There is nobody to root for.
Everyone in the show is a bad guy. There are no innocents.
Maybe that is a deliberate point?
Very intense show, to the point of being hard to watch sometimes.
But worth the time, if you can push through it.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #612 on: August 01, 2021, 08:51:08 pm »
Still watching "apocalyptic" films.

Last night, it was "A Boy And His Dog", with Don Johnson and his talking companion trying to survive in a post-nuclear southwest.

Tonight, It's "The Omega Man", the second film version of the book "I Am Legend", with Charlton Heston.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #613 on: August 01, 2021, 09:44:25 pm »
I am watching Breaking Bad for the first time (so don't spoil the ending for me).
At the beginning of Season 5 now.

Definitely caught the Reservoir Dogs reference of Mr. White and Mr. Pink.
Funny thing about the show is that there is no protagonist. There is nobody to root for.
Everyone in the show is a bad guy. There are no innocents.
Maybe that is a deliberate point?
Very intense show, to the point of being hard to watch sometimes.
But worth the time, if you can push through it.

@240B

I LOVED the fact that the metrosexual father from Malcolm in the Middle becomes a hard-ass drug king.

I also loved the whole "unintended consequences" deal that runs through the whole show. I suspect there are very few people that dream of being drug king pins when they are children.

For most people,life just "happens",and like Walter,they try to adapt to the circumstances and make the best of it.

IIRC,one year the season finale was on the same night as the super bowl,and breaking bad pulled in more viewers. It became one of the top tv series ever.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #614 on: August 01, 2021, 10:08:52 pm »
@240B

I LOVED the fact that the metrosexual father from Malcolm in the Middle becomes a hard-ass drug king.

I also loved the whole "unintended consequences" deal that runs through the whole show. I suspect there are very few people that dream of being drug king pins when they are children.

For most people,life just "happens",and like Walter,they try to adapt to the circumstances and make the best of it.

IIRC,one year the season finale was on the same night as the super bowl,and breaking bad pulled in more viewers. It became one of the top tv series ever.

The father from “Malcom” and “Breaking Bad” was also the dentist on Seinfeld. He was very funny in that.

I’ve been told if you like “Breaking Bad”, to watch  Ozarks on Netflix.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 10:11:54 pm by Gefn »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #615 on: August 01, 2021, 10:34:52 pm »
The father from “Malcom” and “Breaking Bad” was also the dentist on Seinfeld. He was very funny in that.

I’ve been told if you like “Breaking Bad”, to watch  Ozarks on Netflix.

Watch OZARK even if you didn't like BREAKING BAD.  LOL!

Suggest that you watch Episode 1 all by yourself and not with your parents or grown up children ... or an unfaithful spouse.

IMO, there nothing better on TV anywhere...if you haven't seen it.

Jason Bateman was born for this role. 

Laura Linney is fabulous as his wife.

Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore is unforgettable.

Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell?  You won't forget her either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoAgrmtjKU8&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhATSGU4BA

Season 1... Episode 1.   
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 10:46:58 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #616 on: August 01, 2021, 10:51:43 pm »
@240B

I was out of the country for both, that Malcolm show and Breaking Bad. Never saw an episode of either one.
This BB show is a real rollercoaster. Mr. White is a dangerous psychopath with OCD tendencies and megalomania.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #617 on: August 01, 2021, 11:59:08 pm »
I was out of the country for both, that Malcolm show and Breaking Bad. Never saw an episode of either one.
This BB show is a real rollercoaster. Mr. White is a dangerous psychopath with OCD tendencies and mh cegalomania.

@240B

No,he isn't. In real life,he is a mild-mannered school teacher that would never even raise his voice to his children. Heisenberg is a role he played,and due to circumstances,he had to play it so well he BECAME Heisengerg.

There is no such critter as a mild-mannered meth dealer in the real world.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #618 on: August 02, 2021, 08:34:11 am »
Watch OZARK even if you didn't like BREAKING BAD.  LOL!

Suggest that you watch Episode 1 all by yourself and not with your parents or grown up children ... or an unfaithful spouse.

IMO, there nothing better on TV anywhere...if you haven't seen it.

Jason Bateman was born for this role. 

Laura Linney is fabulous as his wife.

Julia Garner as Ruth Langmore is unforgettable.

Lisa Emery as Darlene Snell?  You won't forget her either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoAgrmtjKU8&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhATSGU4BA

Season 1... Episode 1.   

It’s just me at the Casa de Gefn. No other humans.

Ozark was recommended by one of the guys who work in my local supermarket. We were talking about how much we both enjoyed Jessica Walter in both “Arrested Development” and “Archer” when she died, and this guy said, “if you like Jason Bateman in Arrested Development you’ll like him in Ozark”

Highly recommend Arrested Development on Netflix if you like comedy/satire.

Another good one on Netflix is “Bojack Horseman” . It’s slightly dark and depressing but I really enjoyed it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #619 on: August 02, 2021, 03:05:53 pm »
I am catching up on Law and Order,SVU,starting at season ,episode one. Watched it off and on,depending on what else was playing and what I was already recording,but missed lots of it.

I am at season  11 now,and halfway there!

I did watch pretty much every episode of the last few years,so it will go quicker as I start to catch up. Even now I am able to skip several episodes of each season because I managed to watch them earlier.

22 years! Who would have guessed a tv series would be aired that long? Imagine the "gift" it became to the actors,actresses,crew,and writers. Who the hell EVER heard of a steady job in the tv production business before?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #620 on: August 04, 2021, 12:40:49 pm »
I watch Law and Order and Law and Order SVU a lot. Them and Gunsmoke are my Gotos unless I spot something I want to watch. I don't watch Law and Order Criminal Intent at all. I don't care for it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #621 on: August 05, 2021, 12:17:45 am »
Dr. Who on Pluto...Dedicated channel to Dr. Who. Fun show.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #622 on: August 05, 2021, 12:37:41 am »
Dr. Who on Pluto...Dedicated channel to Dr. Who. Fun show.

@Smokin Joe

Dr Who is always fun to watch. IIRC,it first aired in the early 60's. ALL the seasons are available on the web. I THINK they are on the Sci-Fi channel if you have a ROKU.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #623 on: August 05, 2021, 12:42:32 am »
@Smokin Joe

Dr Who is always fun to watch. IIRC,it first aired in the early 60's. ALL the seasons are available on the web. I THINK they are on the Sci-Fi channel if you have a ROKU.
Well, some of the earlier ones were lost to poor storage at the BBC or were wiped, but considering the show has been in production most of the years from 1963 to present, there is a lot left to watch.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #624 on: August 05, 2021, 01:13:36 am »
Well, some of the earlier ones were lost to poor storage at the BBC or were wiped,...

@Smokin Joe

I stand corrected.