Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129412 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #650 on: August 28, 2021, 12:49:03 pm »
Latest season of “Archer” came out Wednesday night.

If you like animated cartoon shows and a genre very witty about spies, (think a cross between “Get Smart” and James Bond) this might be of interest.

On Hulu, plus old seasons.

Stars the late Jessica Walter and H. Jon Benjamin (Bob from “Bob’s Burgers”

Like I said, I really enjoy if, and who doesn’t like a good cartoon?

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #651 on: August 29, 2021, 12:14:21 pm »
Binge watched "Hanna" seasons 1 &2.  and watching "Turn; Washington's spies", Can't wait to see who wins.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #652 on: August 29, 2021, 12:19:14 pm »
Binge watched "Hanna" seasons 1 &2.  and watching "Turn; Washington's spies", Can't wait to see who wins.

LOL!  Started a RE-watch of "Turn".   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #653 on: August 29, 2021, 01:58:32 pm »
LOL!  Started a RE-watch of "Turn".   :beer:
Don't tell me how it ends!
The thing I like about it is that it is roughly the same time as Outlander
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #654 on: August 29, 2021, 04:07:13 pm »
Excitely awaiting the return of all things "Walking Dead".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #655 on: August 29, 2021, 06:43:33 pm »
Don't tell me how it ends!
The thing I like about it is that it is roughly the same time as Outlander

@verga

Just noticed...isn't that woman running the tavern the same little girl in that was in WONDER YEARS?

Edit to add:  Heck, no!   :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 06:46:34 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #656 on: September 02, 2021, 04:17:29 pm »
I started watching Succession, a not-so disguised bloodletting of the Murdochs.  It is a guilty pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzYxJV_rmE8

Online rustynail

« Reply #657 on: September 02, 2021, 04:23:52 pm »

BassWrangler

« Reply #658 on: September 02, 2021, 07:52:26 pm »
Still watching "Farscape". Truly this series is a gem. I can't believe I never heard of it before a few months ago.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #659 on: September 02, 2021, 08:00:54 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #660 on: September 03, 2021, 09:55:41 pm »
Am really enjoying YOUNG WALLANDER on Netflix.

Thank you for recommending the British Mystery/Detective genre... can't recall who it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcFmafgWFVw

SEASON 1 TRAILER

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #661 on: September 03, 2021, 10:40:54 pm »
Am really enjoying YOUNG WALLANDER on Netflix.

Thank you for recommending the British Mystery/Detective genre... can't recall who it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcFmafgWFVw

SEASON 1 TRAILER

I am finding that Brit TV is about the only place to find viewing (mostly) without continous "wokeness" infused into its content.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #662 on: September 04, 2021, 01:40:07 pm »
I am finding that Brit TV is about the only place to find viewing (mostly) without continous "wokeness" infused into its content.

@catfish1957

Once you learn to wrap your mind around it,you will discover there is a LOT of British tv programming with acting and writing so much better than most of the American slop it's unfair to both to compare them.

Actors picked for their ability to act,not draw specific audiences for advertisers.

VERY intelligent writing.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #663 on: September 04, 2021, 05:30:04 pm »
@catfish1957

Once you learn to wrap your mind around it,you will discover there is a LOT of British tv programming with acting and writing so much better than most of the American slop it's unfair to both to compare them.

Actors picked for their ability to act,not draw specific audiences for advertisers.

VERY intelligent writing.

@sneakypete   @catfish1957

My mistake, it's a Swedish series (same excellence).   :bolt:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #664 on: September 04, 2021, 05:55:31 pm »
Watching on Nat Geo channel

9/11 One Day in America

reliving that day...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #665 on: September 04, 2021, 07:57:21 pm »

9/11 One Day in America

reliving that day...

I never will forget that day but I cannot watch the footage, this day is still too raw for me.

Started the new season of “what we do in the shadows” Thursday night, on FX.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online corbe

« Reply #666 on: September 04, 2021, 08:22:17 pm »

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #667 on: September 04, 2021, 11:16:26 pm »
Well, I guess you're probably right about that particular program which I haven't seen.
But the wife and I are big fans of "Midsomer Murders" set in small town England.
For the first ten years or more starting in 1997 with John Nettles as detective Tom Barnaby the people in the episodes  pretty much resembled the ethnic makeup of small town England...in short, virtually all white.
Now as we're watching the episodes from within the last five years we've noticed quite a few people are black or some other ethnicity like east Indian. But a lot more black actors.
I've been through many small English towns as the wife is from England and we've gone and visited her clan numerous times in the past 15 years.
Funny, I can't recall seeing one black person in any of those numerous small English towns we've traveled through. But in the current Midsomer setup, they're all over the place.
And the last episode featured a homosexual relationship (yes, they kissed on the mouth) between a white male and black male. Yuck.
I'll bet the next Midsomer casting will have a homosexual, probably female, as the detective the way things are going.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 11:17:17 pm by goatprairie »

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #668 on: September 04, 2021, 11:23:36 pm »

9/11 One Day in America

reliving that day...

We are watching this as well. Feels like a lifetime ago. I was still homeschooling my kids.  **nononono*
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

BassWrangler

« Reply #669 on: September 05, 2021, 04:59:54 pm »
Last night I watched the movie, "12 Strong", which is loosely based on the real life story of the first US Special Forces sent into Afghanistan after 9/11. It's a pretty good movie, recommended (although the unrealistic scenes of shooting from horseback were cringe-worthy).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791T5DTV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's especially poignant to hear them talk about eradicating the Taliban in light of current events.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #670 on: September 05, 2021, 05:51:17 pm »
Last night I watched the movie, "12 Strong", which is loosely based on the real life story of the first US Special Forces sent into Afghanistan after 9/11. It's a pretty good movie, recommended (although the unrealistic scenes of shooting from horseback were cringe-worthy).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791T5DTV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's especially poignant to hear them talk about eradicating the Taliban in light of current events.

@BassWrangler

IIRC,retired SF MSG Billy Waugh was working for the CIA then,and was the team leader. I believe he was in his late 60's or early 70's,and has been getting shot up since the early 1960's. He is still alive and kicking,and still refusing to talk to the media.

I first met Billy on Okinawa around 1966,and was warned to be aware of any "good deal" he offered you because you were likely to get your ass shot off in some remote area where you will never be found. In fact,some people even advised me to "scream like a woman and run for your life!"

He is the guy that dreamed up the midnight halo parachute jump into Laos along the Ho Chi Mihn Trail by a recon team because ever other method that had been tried in that target had gotten shot out in less than a day. I was even friends with a couple of the people who volunteered,and to this very day I can't understand why they volunteered for it. Both were and are very intelligent,rational men.

Night parachute drop into the jungle in an area TOTALLY controlled by the NVA??????

I wouldn't have  volunteered for that if you had pointed a gun at me.

Billy was/is what you might call optimistic,as well as totally freaking fearless.

I have GOT to watch this show!

BTW,I have seen a photo of him sitting on a horse in the Afghanistan mountains,but he was unidentified in the photo. Can't remember where it was published at this late date,but it a mainstream media outfit that published it.

Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE!

I just watched the clip and read about the movie,and it is about the first official SF team to go into Afghanistan. Billy Waugh and his team were all retired SF people,working for the CIA,and they established the contacts necessary for active duty teams to go in.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 06:53:05 pm by sneakypete »

BassWrangler

« Reply #671 on: September 05, 2021, 07:08:15 pm »
@BassWrangler

IIRC,retired SF MSG Billy Waugh was working for the CIA then,and was the team leader. I believe he was in his late 60's or early 70's,and has been getting shot up since the early 1960's. He is still alive and kicking,and still refusing to talk to the media.

I first met Billy on Okinawa around 1966,and was warned to be aware of any "good deal" he offered you because you were likely to get your ass shot off in some remote area where you will never be found. In fact,some people even advised me to "scream like a woman and run for your life!"

He is the guy that dreamed up the midnight halo parachute jump into Laos along the Ho Chi Mihn Trail by a recon team because ever other method that had been tried in that target had gotten shot out in less than a day. I was even friends with a couple of the people who volunteered,and to this very day I can't understand why they volunteered for it. Both were and are very intelligent,rational men.

Night parachute drop into the jungle in an area TOTALLY controlled by the NVA??????

I wouldn't have  volunteered for that if you had pointed a gun at me.

Billy was/is what you might call optimistic,as well as totally freaking fearless.

I have GOT to watch this show!

BTW,I have seen a photo of him sitting on a horse in the Afghanistan mountains,but he was unidentified in the photo. Can't remember where it was published at this late date,but it a mainstream media outfit that published it.

Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE!

I just watched the clip and read about the movie,and it is about the first official SF team to go into Afghanistan. Billy Waugh and his team were all retired SF people,working for the CIA,and they established the contacts necessary for active duty teams to go in.

@sneakypete
I think you will enjoy the film. There is a CIA SAD officer in the film, but only briefly.

It's apparently based on this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Horse-Soldiers-Extraordinary-Victory-Afghanistan/dp/1416580522/

It's interesting that these were the first guys sent into Afghanistan after 9/11, but we didn't hear about it for many years.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #672 on: September 05, 2021, 10:24:01 pm »
Tonight:
"28 Weeks After", which is the sequel to "28 Days After" (which I watched last week).

In the original, a virus destroys the population of England by turning the infected into raging zombie-like killers (of anyone not infected), the first film describes the efforts of a few people to flee to the country and survive.

In the sequel, American troops arrive to rebuild after the infected have supposedly died off from starvation... except... they haven't.

Online libertybele

« Reply #673 on: September 05, 2021, 10:43:11 pm »
Ok, so I'm not in front of the TV actually watching the program as I'm mostly in our den on the computer, but when I go out to cook or putz around in the kitchen or family room, hubby has on "Yellowstone".  Paramount has run the entire series back to back, I believe, 3 times now, maybe even 4 times.  It is the only program that I actually watch and yes I am anxious for Season 4 to start, but I need a break from seeing the past 3 seasons, over and over.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #674 on: September 06, 2021, 12:51:43 am »
@sneakypete
I think you will enjoy the film. There is a CIA SAD officer in the film, but only briefly.

It's apparently based on this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Horse-Soldiers-Extraordinary-Victory-Afghanistan/dp/1416580522/

It's interesting that these were the first guys sent into Afghanistan after 9/11, but we didn't hear about it for many years.

@BassWrangler

There were SF troops operating in Laos in the late 50's.

Africa,too.

I came close to parachuting into Johanasburg in 1965,when the Zulu (I THINK it was the Zulu) had an uprising,and were boiling white people alive in the streets to eat them. They had a witch doctor that told them he had cast a spell making the white man's bullets harmless to them,and then hopped them up on some sort of local drug whose name I can't remember.

I was in the 3rd SFG at the time,and our area of responsibility was Africa.

We sat out on the airfield at Pope AFB for a day or two in civilian clothes,waiting for the "go orders" to arrive so we could fly there and parachute in. Hell,I didn't even KNOW I had a passport until it was handed to me while we were waiting to fly off.

Luckily for me,the UN decided to send in the French Foreign Legion and some Belgian paratroops instead of us. Probably a wise move because even being drugged,the Africans knew not to screw with the French Foreign Legion. They parachuted in,and suddenly all the canibals heard their mamas calling,and hauled ass for home.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 12:53:20 am by sneakypete »