Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 128000 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #500 on: June 16, 2021, 04:39:21 am »

An over the air subchannel that shows our state with radar weather.

@rustynail

Ok,thanks!

Never heard of it.

Anytime I want to check the weather anywhere,I just use my cell phone.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #501 on: June 16, 2021, 09:58:49 am »
@rustynail

Ok,thanks!

Never heard of it.

Anytime I want to check the weather anywhere,I just use my cell phone.

Me too. Or I look out the window!
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online corbe

« Reply #502 on: June 16, 2021, 09:45:24 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

BassWrangler

Online corbe

« Reply #504 on: June 17, 2021, 12:00:19 am »
   I've got a lot of Seminole in me @BassWrangler AND being a Cruzer  I'm just not so sure their Gov is up to snuff either. 
   Hell even FDR ran the White House from a WheelChair.   

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #505 on: June 17, 2021, 12:46:30 am »
Fantom Works,for free on the YuYu channel on my ROKU.

It is about a hot rod/custom/restoration shop in Norfolk,Va ,and is the best one I have seen so far. No manufactured drama and no blowing smoke up anyone's skirt about the work or what it costs when they give a new customer an estimate on what is is going to cost to rebuild his or her vehicle.

50 grand is usually the starting price,"and we will have a meeting and see where to go from there."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #506 on: June 17, 2021, 12:57:13 am »
Forged in Fire ... never miss it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #507 on: June 17, 2021, 02:30:41 am »
   The City tagged my Recycle Container today and refused to empty it because it had old carpet in it, who would have thought old carpet wasn't recyclable? 
   I ripped the tag off and threw it on the ground (Littering) and left the carpet in their till next week when no humans are involved.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #508 on: June 18, 2021, 06:30:04 pm »
Mr. M and I have just returned from our local public library, where they showed the movie "The Courier." Really well done.
THE COURIER is a true-life spy thriller, the story of an unassuming British businessman Greville Wynne (Benedict Cumberbatch) recruited into one of the greatest international conflicts in history. At the behest of the UK's MI-6 and a CIA operative (Rachel Brosnahan), he forms a covert, dangerous partnership with Soviet officer Oleg Penkovsky (Merab Ninidze) in an effort to provide crucial intelligence needed to prevent a nuclear confrontation and defuse the Cuban Missile Crisis.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ironbark

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #509 on: June 19, 2021, 02:05:21 am »
Mr. M and I have just returned from our local public library, where they showed the movie "The Courier." Really well done.https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ironbark

@mountaineer

Thank you! I am a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch,having watched him act in a number of thrillers on BBC,mostly spy stories.

I will be looking this up tonight on my ROKU.

UPDATE!

No,I won't. I just did  a ROKU search and it is playing tonight on 3 channels,and the cheapest one is Channel ROW8 at $3.99,and the most expensive is Amazon Prime for $5.99.

Too much excellent programming for free for me to be paying to watch something.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 02:13:15 am by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #510 on: June 19, 2021, 04:14:53 am »
Finished GOT tonight.  Great show.   I actually was not too disapointed in the series finale, based on the low expectations I had heard about.

On the positive side, the writers met IMO 80-90% of the objectives for closure, but on the negative side, it seems way too rushed, and could have be told in 2 or 3 episodes instead. 

The battle scenes for Kings Landing and Castle Black  were some of the best cinematic efforts I have ever seen in this genre.

5 stars....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #511 on: June 19, 2021, 05:37:11 am »
Mr. M and I have just returned from our local public library, where they showed the movie "The Courier."

Awesome, I will give it a try after looking at the trailer.... I have to download it (one of my few remaining sources worked with a slow download link).... So I will let it download overnight so I can watch tomorrow.... looks interesting. Thanks Mountaineer
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #512 on: June 19, 2021, 01:19:07 pm »
We watched it at the library free of charge, but I definitely think it's worth a small rental price that is less than the cost of a movie theatre ticket. We thought it was very authentic - the cars, fashions, etc. - even though there was a little bit of literary license (the female CIA agent being more a composite of actual agents, for example). I've never watched that Mrs. Maisel show, but the lead actress played the CIA agent in The Courier, as I understand it. Cumberbatch was outstanding.

BassWrangler

« Reply #513 on: June 19, 2021, 04:42:45 pm »
Mr. M and I have just returned from our local public library, where they showed the movie "The Courier." Really well done.https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ironbark

I've been eyeing that one on Amazon. Will definitely watch now that all of you have recommended it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #514 on: June 20, 2021, 01:40:49 pm »
Any of you who haven't watched the series titled "Homeland" that stars Claire Danes is in for a real treat when you do. Runs for 8 seasons,and I really hated to see it end.

You can watch it for free on Hulu or Showtime if you have a subscription,or Amazon and other places for around $3.95 per episode if you don't.

One of the best dramas I have ever seen on tv,despite that idiot Mandy Patinkin being a co-star. I have seen corpses with more emotion.

BassWrangler

« Reply #515 on: June 20, 2021, 08:06:52 pm »
Any of you who haven't watched the series titled "Homeland" that stars Claire Danes is in for a real treat when you do. Runs for 8 seasons,and I really hated to see it end.

You can watch it for free on Hulu or Showtime if you have a subscription,or Amazon and other places for around $3.95 per episode if you don't.

One of the best dramas I have ever seen on tv,despite that idiot Mandy Patinkin being a co-star. I have seen corpses with more emotion.

It took a decidedly left-wing turn in the later seasons, but I liked the earlier seasons.

BassWrangler

« Reply #516 on: June 20, 2021, 08:07:46 pm »
We watched it at the library free of charge, but I definitely think it's worth a small rental price that is less than the cost of a movie theatre ticket. We thought it was very authentic - the cars, fashions, etc. - even though there was a little bit of literary license (the female CIA agent being more a composite of actual agents, for example). I've never watched that Mrs. Maisel show, but the lead actress played the CIA agent in The Courier, as I understand it. Cumberbatch was outstanding.

Watched it last night. Amazon had it on sale for $3, and it was well worth it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #517 on: June 20, 2021, 09:39:36 pm »
Glad you liked it!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #518 on: June 20, 2021, 09:41:11 pm »
Last night, I watched "I Am Legend" (made in 2007), the one I watched was a post-release version with an "alternate ending" that is supposed to more closely reflect the ending in the novel.

Tonight, I'll watch "World Without End" from 1956, which I believe is one of Rod Taylor's first American films (he later went on to his best role in "The Time Machine").

Dug both up "on the net"...

BassWrangler

« Reply #519 on: June 21, 2021, 07:09:43 am »
Last night, I watched "I Am Legend" (made in 2007), the one I watched was a post-release version with an "alternate ending" that is supposed to more closely reflect the ending in the novel.

Tonight, I'll watch "World Without End" from 1956, which I believe is one of Rod Taylor's first American films (he later went on to his best role in "The Time Machine").

Dug both up "on the net"...

I really like "I am Legend", but I didn't know there was an alternative ending version.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #520 on: June 25, 2021, 06:02:36 am »
FINALLY found this thread!

Took me over an hour,and I am the one who started the damn thing!

Anyhow,here is what I am hot to post before I forget.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe THE funniest damn thing I have ever seen!

Think "Peter Sellers and The Pink Panther".

Or "Blazing saddles".

Maybe even funnier than both.

"Inside No. 9" is the title of a comedy series on Brit Box. I tried to watch episode 1 tonight for over 3 hours before I finally gave up. I kept laughing so hard I was literally losing my breath. I ended up reaching for my inhaler several times tonight to try to keep breathing.

Two burglars are trying to steal a painting from an occupied mansion,and to say things go wrong for them is a MASSIVE understatement. I won't even hint at anything that happens because I don't want to spoil the fun.

This is the sort of slapstick comedy NOBODY does better than the Brits. The expressions on these guys faces as shit keeps going wrong over and over is freaking priceless. I think I have managed to watch maybe 20 minutes of the first 1 hour episode so far,and I THINK that Maybe the two burglars have whispered maybe 10 words. The rest of it is pantomime.

I am going to do my best to try to finish watching the first episode of 6 seasons (No shit,6 SEASONS!) tomorrow morning when I first wake up and am the most rested.

This stuff is priceless!

Watch it,and if you like it even half as much as I do,do your friends a solid and tell them about it.

One thing in life we ALL need is more laughter.

Just maybe not THIS much all at one time,though.

BTW,I am really curious if any of you will think this is as funny as I do,so if you do,please make a post to let me know. I write this because I have some doubt it is as funny as I think it is. It just seems impossible.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #521 on: June 25, 2021, 06:29:49 am »
FINALLY found this thread!

Took me over an hour,and I am the one who started the damn thing!

Anyhow,here is what I am hot to post before I forget.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe THE funniest damn thing I have ever seen!

Think "Peter Sellers and The Pink Panther".

Or "Blazing saddles".

Maybe even funnier than both.

"Inside No. 9" is the title of a comedy series on Brit Box. I tried to watch episode 1 tonight for over 3 hours before I finally gave up. I kept laughing so hard I was literally losing my breath. I ended up reaching for my inhaler several times tonight to try to keep breathing.

Two burglars are trying to steal a painting from an occupied mansion,and to say things go wrong for them is a MASSIVE understatement. I won't even hint at anything that happens because I don't want to spoil the fun.

This is the sort of slapstick comedy NOBODY does better than the Brits. The expressions on these guys faces as shit keeps going wrong over and over is freaking priceless. I think I have managed to watch maybe 20 minutes of the first 1 hour episode so far,and I THINK that Maybe the two burglars have whispered maybe 10 words. The rest of it is pantomime.

I am going to do my best to try to finish watching the first episode of 6 seasons (No shit,6 SEASONS!) tomorrow morning when I first wake up and am the most rested.

This stuff is priceless!

Watch it,and if you like it even half as much as I do,do your friends a solid and tell them about it.

One thing in life we ALL need is more laughter.

Just maybe not THIS much all at one time,though.

BTW,I am really curious if any of you will think this is as funny as I do,so if you do,please make a post to let me know. I write this because I have some doubt it is as funny as I think it is. It just seems impossible.
Well, I was going to send you a link, but you had posted this before I got here. I'll check that out when I get back to the house. (I'm on a rig site now).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #522 on: June 25, 2021, 06:54:25 am »
Well, I was going to send you a link, but you had posted this before I got here. I'll check that out when I get back to the house. (I'm on a rig site now).

@Smokin Joe 

Thanks,I would greatly appreciate a second opinion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #523 on: June 25, 2021, 11:29:46 pm »
Finished GOT tonight.  Great show.   I actually was not too disapointed in the series finale, based on the low expectations I had heard about.

@catfish1957

IMNSHO,a lot of that is based on people being a little depressed because it was over. I know *I* was upset. Stuff that good just doesn't come along all that often.

The good news I didn't expect to hear is that they were working on putting out a Prequel,and if it hadn't been for this manufactured virus crap,it would already be airing.

Kinda hard to shoot medieval footage with everybody wearing hospital masks.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #524 on: June 25, 2021, 11:31:19 pm »
It took a decidedly left-wing turn in the later seasons, but I liked the earlier seasons.

@BassWrangler

I am not going to argue with you about this,but I honestly didn't even notice.