Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 127413 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2020, 04:14:42 pm »
I have Amazon Prime Will go that route

@verga

Cool!

Once you subscribe to HBO,the next time you click on your Amazon Prime account,there will be a prominent HBO icon there for you to click on to watch The Wire or anything else HBO is airing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online corbe

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2020, 08:41:18 pm »
   A @Gefn Fun Fact:

This woman twice overruled her Desilu board of directors to finance and produce Star Trek in 1965.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2020, 09:45:19 am »
   A @Gefn Fun Fact:

This woman twice overruled her Desilu board of directors to finance and produce Star Trek in 1965.

@corbe

I Love Lucy!
Babaloo
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2020, 11:05:38 am »
Quote from: Gefn liGefnk=topic=395880.msg2283696#msg2283696 date=1599731119
@corbe

I Love Lucy!
Babaloo

@Gefn

Looking like THAT,and with a mind and determination like THAT,she was damn near a super power. Any heterosexual male that went in to negotiate with her would no doubt end up saying "Uhhhh" a lot.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2020, 11:07:46 am »
I have been watching a French TV series called "Un Village Francais."  Really great.  It is a drama about the German occupation of France in WW2.  It is one of the best TV series I have ever seen.  It has seven seasons, so it will keep you entertained for a long time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288631/

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:30:18 am by massadvj »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2020, 11:23:58 am »
@Gefn

Looking like THAT,and with a mind and determination like THAT,she was damn near a super power. Any heterosexual male that went in to negotiate with her would no doubt end up saying "Uhhhh" a lot.

@sneakypete

Prime had the other Lucy show which I did watch. The color one? It wasn’t as good, imho.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2020, 11:36:34 am »

Yeah, Lucy was a force. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2020, 12:02:34 pm »
I have been watching a French TV series called "Un Village Francais."  Really great.  It is a drama about the German occupation of France in WW2.  It is one of the best TV series I have ever seen.  It has seven seasons, so it will keep you entertained for a long time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1288631/

@massadvj

What channel/network do you get it on?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2020, 12:17:57 pm »
@massadvj

What channel/network do you get it on?

I am sworn to secrecy as to how I obtained it, but I have heard rumors that it is available through p2p.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2020, 12:18:27 pm »
@sneakypete

Prime had the other Lucy show which I did watch. The color one? It wasn’t as good, imho.

@Gefn

Almost none of the shows we enjoyed from the 50's to the 70's are worth watching these days. We are more demanding now than we were back then. Looking back,it seems like we were more interested in being distracted than entertained. There are a rare few,like The Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock Presents,that were real jewels back then and still are,but damn few. It was all "formula tv".

True confession time. "I HATED the I Love Lucy Show" to the point I would make snide comments and walk out of any house it was playing. Same thing with the old Jackie Gleason Show. Most depressing damn thing I ever saw,then or now. Have no idea how or why it became a hit,other that tv shows were such a novelty back then that anything put on the air became a hit BECAUSE it was no the air.

Oh,and another one of my kid favs was "Kraft Playhouse 90". Actually remember seeing the Broadway production  of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof live,and on our black and white tv when I was maybe 6. Stayed up late to watch it. I remember this because it was the first thing I ever saw on tv that really impressed me.

I also saw a play or a 2 or 3 hour drama (could it have been anything BUT a drama?) of Les Miserables around the same time. Scared the hell out of me,and made me check out the Victor Hugo novel from the library.

Groucho was and still is a favorite,too. His old "You bet your life" afternoon talk show (he did most of the talking) was hysterical. He must have driven the censors back in the 50's nuts.

Yeah,I was a weird kid.

LOTS of good stuff came on Playhouse 90.

Shows like that were the exception,though. Norm was stuff like soap operas that made you want to slash your wrists. Stuff like I Love Lucy,The Red Skelton Show, and The Ed Sullivan Show,which was probably the biggest hit of every week.

Slim pickings.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:21:22 pm by sneakypete »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2020, 02:04:58 pm »
Has anyone watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix?  Looks spot on.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2020, 10:05:43 am »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Excellent!  From the creators of BANSHEE

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2020, 02:32:38 pm »
Has anyone watched The Social Dilemma on Netflix?  Looks spot on.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

I have this on my watch list.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2020, 03:31:42 pm »
Babette's Feast (1987) Danish film with subtitles....

Slow burn character movie that absolutely delivers a heartfelt feel good ending. Safe for family and good moral outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5w9skKcdnA

Pm if interested and you can't find it. I will up ya a link.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2020, 04:11:03 pm »
Re-Watching Deadwood for what I think is the 6th or 7th time.
First since Powers Booth sadly departed us.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2020, 04:44:12 pm »
   I particularly like Film Noir and love the Female Fatale (so obvious in my 'real life'). 
   Rewatched this last night, DVR'd from TCM.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2020, 06:15:05 pm »
Re-Watching Deadwood for what I think is the 6th or 7th time.
First since Powers Booth sadly departed us.

@catfish1957

One of the best series ever aired. Every episode almost seemed like a gift.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2020, 08:47:19 pm »
Not right now, but later tonight, I'll be watching "Goodbye, Lenin!" -- from Germany (2003), a tragi-comedy about one East German family's experience before/after the fall of the Wall in 1990...

It's a part of my ongoing Saturday/Sunday project of watching anti-communist films, from the 1940's right up to the present. Both from Hollywood (yes, they really made some), and from Europe and "behind the iron curtain", as well.

Offline verga

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2020, 10:39:07 pm »
Finishing up the 3rd and final season of "Travelers" on netflix. Interesting premise. People from the future come back to avert disasters.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:41 am »
Documentary called Americas Forgotten (2020)....

Liberal does a closer look at illegal immigration to America and has a change of heart.

Here is a link to stream it free.

https://aparat.cam/be4ypkob4ym1/Americas.Forgotten.2020.WEB.H264-RBB.mp4.html
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2020, 10:00:28 am »
Since I refuse to participate in following the NFL, I tripped over Netflix's "DAMNATION"(* * * * * - 5 Star Rating)

An epic saga about the secret history of the 1930s American heartland, centering on the mythic conflict and bloody struggle between big money and the downtrodden.

Seth Davenport appears to be a small town Iowa preacher, but he harbors ambitions of starting a full-blown insurrection against the status quo. But he is unaware that an industrialist tycoon has hired a deadly professional strikebreaker named Creeley Turner to stop that insurrection by any means necessary. And unknown to those around them, these two men share a secret bloody past.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Official Trailer

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6106704/

DAMNATION IMDB  - Full Cast
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2020, 12:27:23 am »
YELLOWSTONE - Season 3 Finale

Anyone watching this series??  Best finale I've ever seen.

Who shot John?
Do you think Beth survived the blast?
What about Casey?  Do you think he survived?

I think it was Jamie's father that shot John ... and I think Jamie hired someone to blow up the building that Beth was in and hired a hit man to take out Casey.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2020, 12:55:33 am »
YELLOWSTONE - Season 3 Finale

Anyone watching this series??  Best finale I've ever seen.

Who shot John?
Do you think Beth survived the blast?
What about Casey?  Do you think he survived?

I think it was Jamie's father that shot John ... and I think Jamie hired someone to blow up the building that Beth was in and hired a hit man to take out Casey.

I have it on Peacock but isn’t it violent? Not a fan of violent.

Rewatching It Crowd on Netflix tonight. Wanted something kinda silly. “Have you tried turning it off and on?”

I guess I’ll be going over to Hallmark movies soon too,
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:56:19 am by Gefn »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2020, 01:04:28 am »
Not right now, but later tonight, I'll be watching "Goodbye, Lenin!" -- from Germany (2003), a tragi-comedy about one East German family's experience before/after the fall of the Wall in 1990...

One of my all-time favorite movies.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2020, 01:12:46 am »
I have it on Peacock but isn’t it violent? Not a fan of violent.

Rewatching It Crowd on Netflix tonight. Wanted something kinda silly. “Have you tried turning it off and on?”

I guess I’ll be going over to Hallmark movies soon too,

I normally don't watch any TV at all -- started watching this series a couple of years ago -- a bit of violence -- but it takes place in a western setting (Yellowstone) which I like and it has a lot of action and drama as well.  It's the only program that I watched and missed the finale and finally watched it while I was making pies (pecan and pumpkin) for Thanksgiving.  I do watch a movie now and then with my hubby, but that's about it.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.