Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129338 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2021, 08:56:17 pm »
@BassWrangler ...

There is a good show that is 15-25 years old on Prime that I am enjoying called Time Team.  It's British, and the premise is a fairly large archeological team tackles a mystery site within the constraints of a 3 day weekend. Being under the gun, time wise, it allows for pretty quick action as far as trying to find artifacts or proof to formulate a solution to the site.   

Show is definitely for those with interest in history and archeology, others will find it boring.

@catfish1957

Who are these "others",and has immigration checked their papers? If not,why not?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

BassWrangler

« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2021, 09:31:42 pm »
@BassWrangler ...

There is a good show that is 15-25 years old on Prime that I am enjoying called Time Team.  It's British, and the premise is a fairly large archeological team tackles a mystery site within the constraints of a 3 day weekend. Being under the gun, time wise, it allows for pretty quick action as far as trying to find artifacts or proof to formulate a solution to the site.   

Show is definitely for those with interest in history and archeology, others will find it boring.

That sounds interesting, @catfish1957  - is this it? https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B07QB9HVRP/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2021, 10:01:02 pm »
Last night I watched the original (British) version of "Gaslight", released in 1940. A little different than the 1944 version that everyone thinks of (with the wonderful Ingrid Bergman), and closer in form to the original stage play. I believe the makers of the 1944 version tried to have all copies of the 1940 version withdrawn and destroyed, but fortunately it survived.

I dug up a restored copy "on the net".
But you can also watch it here on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmtzaHwCKo

BassWrangler

« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2021, 10:56:13 pm »
Last night I watched the original (British) version of "Gaslight", released in 1940. A little different than the 1944 version that everyone thinks of (with the wonderful Ingrid Bergman), and closer in form to the original stage play. I believe the makers of the 1944 version tried to have all copies of the 1940 version withdrawn and destroyed, but fortunately it survived.

I dug up a restored copy "on the net".
But you can also watch it here on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYmtzaHwCKo

Is this the source of the term "gaslighting"?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

« Reply #330 on: March 22, 2021, 11:25:33 pm »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #331 on: March 22, 2021, 11:37:35 pm »
@BassWrangler ...

I watch it all the time. Along with lost civilization stuff, mystery history (archeology stuff) and space weather news. On Youtube. We have Prime. YT now has ads. I watch what I can on Prime.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #332 on: March 22, 2021, 11:39:34 pm »
I mostly read when the tv is on. I am on book 27, for the year.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2021, 11:39:47 pm »
YT now has ads.

*cough* Firefox w/ Ublock Origin *cough*

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2021, 11:51:00 pm »
*cough* Firefox w/ Ublock Origin *cough*

I'm doing that. I wonder if it is the age of my Roku player. I have ads turned off on YT. Maybe they turned them back on? No. I wonder if Avast and UBlock don't mix? My ublock count on YT right now is 34.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2021, 11:54:45 pm »
I'm doing that. I wonder if it is the age of my Roku player. I have ads turned off on YT. Maybe they turned them back on? No. I wonder if Avast and UBlock don't mix? My ublock count on YT right now is 34.

Dunno. I have a pooter hooked directly to the TV. Hardly ever use the Roku.
But I don't get ads, ever.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 11:55:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2021, 11:59:48 pm »
Dunno. I have a pooter hooked directly to the TV. Hardly ever use the Roku.
But I don't get ads, ever.

It has to be coming through my old little Roku. I am listening to YT now on this computer. No ads.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #337 on: March 23, 2021, 12:03:07 am »
It has to be coming through my old little Roku. I am listening to YT now on this computer. No ads.

Pooter on the TV is the way to go... Cheap, easy, total control.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #338 on: March 23, 2021, 12:26:26 am »
I mostly read when the tv is on. I am on book 27, for the year.

@bigheadfred

You could try changing channels. I have a ROKU,and literally,hundreds of channels to choose from. LOVE watching stuff like "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" and the old Rod Sterling "Twilight Zone".

They are free,too.

LOTS of the old black and white cowboy tv series available,if you like that sort of thing,too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #339 on: March 23, 2021, 12:29:57 am »

@bigheadfred
Bad move. Doing that keeps you from watching the good stuff that is otherwise free.

What's the big whoop about commercials?

They allow you the time to go take a whizz,get a cup of coffee,a sammich,etc,etc,etc. Hell,it's worth it because it makes you  get up and move around a few times every hour.

I don't mind commercials at all as long as seeing them means I am not paying a monthly fee.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #340 on: March 23, 2021, 01:31:47 am »
What's the big whoop about commercials?

They allow you the time to go take a whizz,get a cup of coffee,a sammich,etc,etc,etc. Hell,it's worth it because it makes you  get up and move around a few times every hour.

I don't mind commercials at all as long as seeing them means I am not paying a monthly fee.

I got pause for whizzing... And no damn commercials, ever. Have not seen a commercial in years.
And I actually get offended by them if I happen to be somewhere else and see em. You've become accustomed to rude and unimportant interruptions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #341 on: March 23, 2021, 06:15:31 am »
I got pause for whizzing... And no damn commercials, ever. Have not seen a commercial in years.
And I actually get offended by them if I happen to be somewhere else and see em. You've become accustomed to rude and unimportant interruptions.

@roamer_1

Nope. You are just an entitled prima donna that wants everything for nothing.

YOU expect to profit from YOUR work and investments,yet feel put-upon for having to watch a commercial so that someone/everyone involved in the process of providing you with entertainment should work for free.

Gotcha,comrade.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #342 on: March 23, 2021, 07:02:45 am »
@roamer_1

Nope. You are just an entitled prima donna that wants everything for nothing.

YOU expect to profit from YOUR work and investments,yet feel put-upon for having to watch a commercial so that someone/everyone involved in the process of providing you with entertainment should work for free.

Gotcha,comrade.

@sneakypete

Suit  yourself.  As for me, anytime I get to dick Google is a good time.

BassWrangler

« Reply #343 on: March 23, 2021, 02:37:58 pm »
@sneakypete

Suit  yourself.  As for me, anytime I get to dick Google is a good time.

I just dumped YouTube TV. After taxes $70 a month! I checked with my wife first, and she said "I haven't watched TV in months". Sooooo happy not to be giving those nasty leftists at Google any money.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #344 on: March 23, 2021, 05:34:20 pm »
I just dumped YouTube TV. After taxes $70 a month! I checked with my wife first, and she said "I haven't watched TV in months". Sooooo happy not to be giving those nasty leftists at Google any money.

Never did Youtube TV. I am a Youtube dawg... Probably 3/4 of any evening's entertainment is going to be me watching my Youtube subscriptions... Tailor made for me, stuff about mechanics, stuff about homesteading, ranching, farming,  stuff about bushcraft, overlanding, and through-hiking...

I have an affinity for those channels and their creators - But Google don't. I can't tell you how many of my regular subs unceremoniously got the axe over Google's liberal bullcrap. Nearly EVERY gun channel. Nearly EVERY hunting channel... They'll throw away a homesteader for hosting a how-to on butchering a pig or a chicken - That's important information that is part of daily life for folks like me.

SO HELL NO I won't support Google in that. And if I can rape them legally, I am happy to have the occasion. Not to even mention their invasion of my own privacy. I am not even hacking. I am using a LEGAL addon to a LEGAL browser. So damn straight I'll use it, and then I will give my money directly to the creators.

And I AM moving away from Youtube, ever so slightly - Bitchute, Rumble, Brighteon, USTVGO, Pluto,and Crackle have all made it onto my TV toolbar. And I am subbed on Rumble, Bitchute and Brighteon. As those venues increase, you can bet I will distance from Google altogether.

Netflix is the only paid subscription I have, and that one is hanging by a thread too - Every time I finish a binge it is a ghastly wandering through fields of utter crap - much of it not even B grade, much of it not even in English - Just to find another show I kinda don't mind watching. I already paid this year, mostly on the off-chance I might find a movie or two, but I can near bet I won't buy in next time.

BassWrangler

« Reply #345 on: March 23, 2021, 06:18:37 pm »
Never did Youtube TV. I am a Youtube dawg... Probably 3/4 of any evening's entertainment is going to be me watching my Youtube subscriptions... Tailor made for me, stuff about mechanics, stuff about homesteading, ranching, farming,  stuff about bushcraft, overlanding, and through-hiking...

I am the same way - total YouTube addict. I subscribe to a bunch of channels. Started with firearms-related channels, but lately those have gotten a bit boring and repetitive, so I find myself watching other stuff, like "rustorations", exercise tips/techniques, physical therapy exercises, live police cameras, electronics/electrical engineering, general science stuff, etc.

One of my favorites is the mustie1 channel. This is a guy that fixes up cars and small engine equipment like mowers and snow blowers. I have a fondness for restoring broken stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSeeATlWJJbXpOZRYOfaDg

Here is his most popular video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gt142R5rXg
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:20:53 pm by BassWrangler »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #346 on: March 23, 2021, 06:21:11 pm »
I am the same way - total YouTube addict. I subscribe to a bunch of channels. Started with firearms-related channels, but lately those have gotten a bit boring and repetitive, so I find myself watching other stuff. I really like mustie1 channel. This is a guy that fixes up cars and small engine equipment like mowers and snow blowers. I have a fondness for restoring broken stuff.

HAHAHA! Already subbed to Mustie1... I wish he'd get back to bending tin on that Econoline cabover pickup. That was fun.  :beer:

Offline corbe

« Reply #347 on: March 23, 2021, 06:29:00 pm »
  @Texas Robin claims some drunk cowboy with a big truck and a small d**k smashed into her bumper at the local grocery store, no video, so I'm watching this.
  The bumper arrived today, $500 later, OEM painted.

How-to: Replace the Bumper Cover on 2011-2015 Chrysler Town and Country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn7_kTZGZZ4

I politely asked her to find a mesican for $100 and I'll pay for it.  I'm on my way over for my spanking. 

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #348 on: March 23, 2021, 06:32:00 pm »
  @Texas Robin claims some drunk cowboy with a big truck and a small d**k smashed into her bumper at the local grocery store, no video, so I'm watching this.
  The bumper arrived today, $500 later, OEM painted.

Naw... A Pickup wouldn't have touched that bumper. Hell, mine would have carved a groove in the hood with the drop hitch before I felt the swampers trying to climb...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:35:07 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline corbe

« Reply #349 on: March 23, 2021, 06:47:35 pm »
   I often wonder how she knew he had a small d**k   :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.