Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129192 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1725 on: December 12, 2022, 10:50:24 am »
Anyone watching or watched the Meghan/Harry Netflix show?

No way, and I resent Netflix's configuation of their algorithms to put it front an center every time you turn on Netflix.

If it was given the same level of random choice, no one would watch it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #1726 on: December 12, 2022, 11:38:50 am »
Been watching QVC & HSN.  They are so nice it is like they are my friends.  There is even a Credit Card to help with purchases.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1727 on: December 12, 2022, 11:51:04 am »
Been watching QVC & HSN.  They are so nice it is like they are my friends.  There is even a Credit Card to help with purchases.

You say that in jest, but I had a college friend that was somehow so mesmerized by one of their sexy on camera sales ladies, so much, he knew when she was going to be on.  And watched her religiously.

Very strange.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1728 on: December 12, 2022, 11:59:21 am »
We sat and watched "Where the Crawdads Sing" the other night.  The movie was good but definitely didn't do the book justice.
I liked that movie, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1729 on: December 12, 2022, 12:01:45 pm »
I liked that movie, too.

Went in thinking this was gonna be a chick flick (based on my wife's enthusiasm) was suprised, it was pretty decent.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1730 on: December 12, 2022, 12:07:46 pm »
Went in thinking this was gonna be a chick flick (based on my wife's enthusiasm) was suprised, it was pretty decent.
We had a lot more open water where I grew up, but it reminded me of spending a lot of time in the marshes, too. When we were kids, most of us had a modest boat or access to one, and if you didn't have a cheap, old 5 horse motor, you learned to be very good at rowing... I could identify with a lot of it. The way things worked out (no spoiler) was good, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #1731 on: December 12, 2022, 01:47:12 pm »
Been watching Leah Remini's series on Scientology "Aftermath" . That inspired me to watch the Lawrence Wright documentary "Going Clear". I was on the fringes of it about 30 years ago and realized it was a money grabbging cult. I did not realize the level of abuse that Sea Org members went through.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1732 on: December 12, 2022, 03:02:29 pm »
Been watching Leah Remini's series on Scientology "Aftermath" . That inspired me to watch the Lawrence Wright documentary "Going Clear". I was on the fringes of it about 30 years ago and realized it was a money grabbging cult. I did not realize the level of abuse that Sea Org members went through.

@verga

I enjoyed that show. It was eye opening and heartbreaking at the same time.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1733 on: December 12, 2022, 03:09:22 pm »
I’ve been seeing a lot of stories this past week for “The White Lotus”

I saw the first season and while it was good, it was so bleak and sad. None of the main characters had any redeeming qualities which was why I couldn’t root for them.

I’m on the fence about whether I want to watch the second season but I probably will once I get my first snow

Offline Millee

« Reply #1734 on: December 12, 2022, 03:44:41 pm »
I'm watching "The Firm" on Amazon Prime.  Stars Josh Lucas and Juliette Lewis - very good show!  :2popcorn:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1735 on: December 15, 2022, 06:58:03 am »
Gave the movie The Fablemans by Steven Spielberg a try... like a lot of things now days, it was about a film maker in the making... something we have seen hundreds of times (or about a writer). It was well shot, but boring and seemed to lead nowhere. The mom is messed up theme got old fast, and the poor little bullied Jewish boy story was shallow. The Christian girl was portrayed as an airhead (but at least driven) but it did poke some nuisance fun at the Jewish family too. I like the era portrayed and it had a few laughs, but mostly I found myself bored with it... Rating 5.5/10 Or course the usual suspects want it nominated for Oscars galore.

I was bored, so I also watched some vampire movie (Bones and All) just released about girl just come of age (18) that is left to fend for herself as a newbie vampire without a clue. She only attacked a few people growing up and didn't remember it all (father covered it up and they moved a lot). Not much positive to report. Rating 4/10

Did watch a movie suggested here called "The Last Boy" that was somewhat ok. I have problems with end of world movies in that I keep picking things I would not do if in such a scenario. It was a sweeter version of a "shtf" movies, but left you filling in more blanks than it answered. Rating 6/10

Finally watched on Roku an old 1934 movie with Clark Gable (It Happened One Night)... Rating 7.2/10 (didn't care for the female role, though she played it to perfection).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 07:15:42 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1736 on: December 15, 2022, 08:17:00 am »
Person Of Interest on Amazon. One of my all-time favorites.
The Republic is lost.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1737 on: December 15, 2022, 12:03:19 pm »
We watched “Tucker” the other night and found it very enjoyable. It’s on Netflix.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1738 on: December 15, 2022, 12:59:25 pm »
Gave the movie The Fablemans by Steven Spielberg a try... like a lot of things now days, it was about a film maker in the making... something we have seen hundreds of times (or about a writer). It was well shot, but boring and seemed to lead nowhere. The mom is messed up theme got old fast, and the poor little bullied Jewish boy story was shallow. The Christian girl was portrayed as an airhead (but at least driven) but it did poke some nuisance fun at the Jewish family too. I like the era portrayed and it had a few laughs, but mostly I found myself bored with it... Rating 5.5/10 Or course the usual suspects want it nominated for Oscars galore.

I was bored, so I also watched some vampire movie (Bones and All) just released about girl just come of age (18) that is left to fend for herself as a newbie vampire without a clue. She only attacked a few people growing up and didn't remember it all (father covered it up and they moved a lot). Not much positive to report. Rating 4/10

Did watch a movie suggested here called "The Last Boy" that was somewhat ok. I have problems with end of world movies in that I keep picking things I would not do if in such a scenario. It was a sweeter version of a "shtf" movies, but left you filling in more blanks than it answered. Rating 6/10

Finally watched on Roku an old 1934 movie with Clark Gable (It Happened One Night)... Rating 7.2/10 (didn't care for the female role, though she played it to perfection).

I expect anything from Spieberg to be woke as hell.   Will pass.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1739 on: December 15, 2022, 01:24:55 pm »
It Happened One Night is another Frank Capra classic. I couldn’t think of the female lead (Claudette Colbert) so I googled it.

Here’s some really interesting trivia

It has garnered critical acclaim and is widely hailed one of the greatest films ever made. It Happened One Night is the first of only three films (along with One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and The Silence of the Lambs) to win all five major Academy Awards: Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, and Best Adapted Screenplay

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Happened_One_Night
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 01:26:46 pm by Gefn »

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1740 on: December 15, 2022, 01:27:46 pm »
Speaking of Frank Capra, I’m due to rewatch “It’s a Wonderful Life”

Attaboy Clarence!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1741 on: December 15, 2022, 01:28:34 pm »
It Happened One Night is another Frank Capra classic. I couldn’t think of the female lead (Claudette Colbert) so I googled it.

Old movies from the '20-'40's are fascinating.

It took massive talent to translate acting to art on the big screen before all of the technological advances. (crutches)

Only one modern actor, Daniel Day Lewis, can compete with the legends of that era. (IMO)

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1742 on: December 15, 2022, 01:31:56 pm »
Speaking of Frank Capra, I’m due to rewatch “It’s a Wonderful Life”

Attaboy Clarence!

Use to see it all over the screen not too long ago.  Not once this year.

Figured it succumbed to the Woke Movement, like the pukes at Apple did with Charlie Brown Christmas.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1743 on: December 15, 2022, 01:52:18 pm »

Only one modern actor, Daniel Day Lewis, can compete with the legends of that era. (IMO)

I would add Ralph Fiennes to that very short list. He’s an incredible actor, I think.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1744 on: December 15, 2022, 11:10:14 pm »
Catfish comments (on "It's a Wonderful Life"):
"Figured it succumbed to the Woke Movement, like the pukes at Apple did with Charlie Brown Christmas."

That's why I've taken the time to find the best possible copies of certain films and "archive" them to my own drives.

Just about anything is "findable" out there, if you're willing to look for it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1745 on: December 15, 2022, 11:33:41 pm »
   This just arrived for @Texas Robin and I to binge watch this weekend.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1746 on: December 15, 2022, 11:36:28 pm »
   Hello Darlin' I've missed you.
   Your gift, the Arrowhead, adorns my neck as we speak.  @Texas Robin
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1747 on: December 16, 2022, 04:57:31 am »
   Hello Darlin' I've missed you.
   Your gift, the Arrowhead, adorns my neck as we speak.  @Texas Robin

Aww! You two just melt my heart! ❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1748 on: December 18, 2022, 10:45:38 pm »

Aww! You two just melt my heart! ❤️

Ditto.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1749 on: December 18, 2022, 10:54:30 pm »
We just got through watching "1923".  I realize that this is the first episode, but I'm not too impressed; a little strong in the beginning. I liked 1883 much better. Yellowstone will be on later tonight but so far I don't think it has been that good this season. 

I'm not sure I'll watch Tulsa King again as last week was a little too much violence.

All of these mentioned are by Taylor Sheridan.  I think he's a good writer, but with the increase of violence on the shows, I'm losing interest. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.