Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 128531 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #1625 on: October 19, 2022, 03:21:51 pm »
Not everyone's cup of tea obviously, but enjoyed the hell watching the most recent documentary on my favorite baseball player of all-time.......   Nolan Ryan.

Facing Nolan.....  Now on Netflix.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1626 on: October 19, 2022, 03:26:12 pm »
Not everyone's cup of tea obviously, but enjoyed the hell watching the most recent documentary on my favorite baseball player of all-time.......   Nolan Ryan.

I had the pleasure of doing that several times. In HS when he could throw a ball through a brick wall IF he could hit it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1627 on: October 19, 2022, 03:57:35 pm »
I had the pleasure of doing that several times. In HS when he could throw a ball through a brick wall IF he could hit it.

Wow, actually batting against Nolan Ryan.  What a story.

I incredibly was able to watch every one of Ryan's starts in the dome in '85, including his 4000th K. 

I'd go early and make it down to the pen (right by the 1st base dugout/ baseline, and watch him warm up.  I can still hear the woosh/whistle hitting the catcher's mitt.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1628 on: October 19, 2022, 04:31:29 pm »
Wow, actually batting against Nolan Ryan.  What a story.

I incredibly was able to watch every one of Ryan's starts in the dome in '85, including his 4000th K. 

I'd go early and make it down to the pen (right by the 1st base dugout/ baseline, and watch him warm up.  I can still hear the woosh/whistle hitting the catcher's mitt.

In 1964 IIRC.  He was a senior at Alvin HS and I was a lowly sophomore at Aldine.  We played them twice that season.  I was mostly bailing out of the batter's box before he released the ball because, in those days no one, including himself, knew where it was going when he turned it loose.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 04:32:53 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1629 on: October 19, 2022, 05:31:16 pm »

I have to see this!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1630 on: October 19, 2022, 07:02:18 pm »
To each his own. I thought that one sucked.

It's not Longmire, that's for sure.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1631 on: October 19, 2022, 09:57:18 pm »
Tonight I may find time to watch another episode from the old (OLD) tv series, "One Step Beyond" (on youtube).

Offline corbe

« Reply #1632 on: October 21, 2022, 08:25:20 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1633 on: October 22, 2022, 12:32:24 am »

https://youtu.be/lpGJHNy_Fhg
I must confess I am drawn to those and the other Sealed In Time posts of old pictures, often more interesting than TV fare.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #1634 on: October 22, 2022, 03:08:52 pm »
"The Watcher" on Netflix, pretty damn good IMO. And the true story is pretty creepy too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #1635 on: October 22, 2022, 10:06:49 pm »
This weekend:
These Final Hours, 2013 film about an asteroid colliding with the Earth:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/These_Final_Hours

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1636 on: October 22, 2022, 11:03:50 pm »
So sick of these NETFLIX "New Releases" and "NETFLIX ONLY" movies/series where they have to just keep pushing the envelope.

Haven't we done enough already?     888mouth

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1637 on: October 23, 2022, 11:15:12 pm »
"The Watcher" on Netflix, pretty damn good IMO. And the true story is pretty creepy too.

Just started watching this. Good cast.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1638 on: October 23, 2022, 11:31:44 pm »
Rewatching 'House' on Prime. Takes me back to a better time when I was younger.
Fortunately, alcoholism + age means I do not remember most of the episodes.
So for 50%, it is all brand new. Maybe I didn't see as many as I thought?
Still a good waste of time while working or doing whatever.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1639 on: October 24, 2022, 12:10:21 am »
   House was a very good production.  I know that I will rewatch it before I die. 

He was very talented musically, also.

St James Infirmary · Hugh Laurie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYqUlVO48PM
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline verga

« Reply #1640 on: October 24, 2022, 01:01:03 pm »
Prime Video, "A Private Affair" 1950's Spain
A woman from a family of Police officers is investigating the murder of several prostitutes, before they allowed women to be on the Police force.
Good story good cast.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1641 on: October 24, 2022, 06:59:53 pm »
Mistake of '58: The GM Chromemobiles and Far Out '59s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT3i3q1pCQo

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1642 on: October 24, 2022, 08:50:54 pm »
You all need to watch TUSCANA on Netflix at your earliest convenience.

That's all I'm gonna say...   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNU8Y4LfWA

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #1643 on: October 25, 2022, 12:51:58 am »
   I always love stumbling across this 15-minute COEN Brothers film, Musical Western, especially if I'm stoned.

Buster Scruggs Story - The Coen Brothers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dwcxbr9o5A

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1644 on: October 25, 2022, 05:08:15 pm »
The wife and I started watching it Sunday night. After viewing the four part series "Yellowstone" (the wife really liked it for some reason) I had had my fill of hearing the f word every other sentence from all the characters. The series plot itself was weird and unrealistic. Let's put in a scene where they shoot some Nazi bikers. Yeah, that's realistic. Business people call each other mothereffers while making deals. Yeah, I'm sure that happens.
So after hearing one character in TW in the first episode use the eff word umpteen times in a very short scene, I had enough. Other characters seemed to be very fond of the word. What is it with Hollyweird scriptwriters? Do they think every person in the U.S. commonly uses the word?
Then the mother start yapping about her 14 yr old daughter's "sexuality." 
Fortunately, my wife was as bored as I was.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 05:25:28 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1645 on: October 26, 2022, 01:51:11 am »
The Peripherals on Amazon. Call it near-scifi. Pretty wild, little woke so far, and well done.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1646 on: October 27, 2022, 12:54:17 am »
The wife and I started watching it Sunday night. After viewing the four part series "Yellowstone" (the wife really liked it for some reason) I had had my fill of hearing the f word every other sentence from all the characters. The series plot itself was weird and unrealistic. Let's put in a scene where they shoot some Nazi bikers. Yeah, that's realistic. Business people call each other mothereffers while making deals. Yeah, I'm sure that happens.
So after hearing one character in TW in the first episode use the eff word umpteen times in a very short scene, I had enough. Other characters seemed to be very fond of the word. What is it with Hollyweird scriptwriters? Do they think every person in the U.S. commonly uses the word?
Then the mother start yapping about her 14 yr old daughter's "sexuality." 
Fortunately, my wife was as bored as I was.

@goatprairie

You lasted longer than I did. Reminded me of a $1.98 "Dallas",but without the charm.

It literally made my head hurt.

1888,on the other hand,was some pretty fine stuff.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1647 on: October 27, 2022, 12:59:06 am »
Started “The Good nurse” tonight on Netflix.

So far it’s a good true crime movie.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #1648 on: October 27, 2022, 11:50:32 am »
Finished " A Private Affair" on Prime Video last night. We both liked it
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #1649 on: October 27, 2022, 10:48:29 pm »
Highly recommend EARTHSTORM, a new release on Netflix.

It's 4 Episodes.

Watching #1. TORNADO  The captured video of the forming clouds on your big screen is freaking mesmerizing...let alone the very interesting narration from a Storm Chaser's POV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALFt3mbUWKk