Author Topic: What are you watching now?  (Read 129099 times)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: What are you watching now?
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2020, 08:52:52 pm »
Always looking for things to watch and books to read.

I read the first page and jumped to page 6 of this thread.  Regarding the Painted Bird, the story was written by Jersy Kosinski.  Kosinski is one of the most bizarre writers I have ever read in my life.  I read the Painted Bird when I was a freshman at the university a gazillion years ago.

MI-5, the Brit TV series was on Netflix years ago.  I watched it, loved it.  As is the case with most things made in Britain, their quality is consistent, for I have enjoyed just about everything made in Britain.  SAS was an interesting program.

Wild at Heart was a program I enjoyed thoroughly.  It is about a British veterinarian that attempts to return a monkey to Africa from Britain and stays in Africa.  Great actors.  Deon Stewardson was excellent in this show.  He committed suicide in 2017.  I thought he was a great actor in this show.  I just do not understand folks that commit suicide.  Life is short enough as it is, even if you live 100 years.  Why rush fate?

Below is a list I sent a friend who had just signed up for Netflix, and I sent him a list of things that were on Netflix that I watched and enjoyed.  I am sure some of it has been taken down, for this list was prepared almost one year ago.

Designated Survivor - show with Kiefer Southerland

Outlander - sort of a time travel series.  I thought it was excellent.

The Last Kingdom - I enjoyed this series too.  Thought it was very interesting

Longmire - guy's show

Republic of Doyle

Taken - the TV series

Madam Secretary - I like Tea Leoni as an actress.  I think she is great in this.

Locked Up - Spain's version of Orange Is the New Black

Turn - America at its start

Shooter - TV series.  Well done series

Person of Interest

Fauda - Israelis...I thought some great acting, and a view of perhaps real life there.

Occupied - Russia seizes Finland?  Very real drama

Zoo - different story.  I enjoyed it

Kate & Leopold - again, love time travel, love Meg Ryan. Hugh Jackman is excellent. 
                         great Rom-com!

When Calls the Heart - the lead girl, I like her very much as an actress.

As Good as It Gets - Jack Nickleson...I think one of his better performances.  Him   
                              and Helen Hunt won Oscars for their performances

Anything with Gerard Butler.  I think he is a good actor.

Pine Gap - joint spy show between USA and Australia...different

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #151 on: December 31, 2020, 08:04:49 am »
WTF??

So, I get a bit hooked on JERICHO... a Netflix series that has 22 episodes in Season 1 and then "BAM"...season ends after only 7 episodes into Season 2.

Wondering if Barack Obama and the gang had anything to do with it, since it ends as soon as "Major Beck" realizes that what's going on isn't kosher.

Strange too is that the production of the final episode involved Texas air National Guard shooting down armed 'federal government' jets.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

@sneakypete ? @jafo2010  ??    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2020, 08:33:12 am »
WTF??

So, I get a bit hooked on JERICHO... a Netflix series that has 22 episodes in Season 1 and then "BAM"...season ends after only 7 episodes into Season 2.

Wondering if Barack Obama and the gang had anything to do with it, since it ends as soon as "Major Beck" realizes that what's going on isn't kosher.

Strange too is that the production of the final episode involved Texas air National Guard shooting down armed 'federal government' jets.

Can't be giving people ideas, now, can they?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2020, 09:08:49 am »
DC....I am not familiar with Jericho.  I will check it out.

So many things to watch and read with the recent posts I have read.  I have a busy year ahead.

Watch, I will get the call to go on a consulting gig, which will hinder my consumption of TV and books.  The money is important too, which 2020 was devoid of unfortunately because of the China Lab Virus.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2020, 01:45:42 pm »
WTF??

dc

\

@DCPatriot

Not a single thought from me. I never watched the series,but I will now.

IIRC,it was one of those series I was "gonna watch,just as soon as I get through the other series I am watching",but never got around to it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2020, 01:53:43 pm »
\

@DCPatriot

Not a single thought from me. I never watched the series,but I will now.

IIRC,it was one of those series I was "gonna watch,just as soon as I get through the other series I am watching",but never got around to it.

@sneakypete

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread344887/pg1

Found this....

IMO, it was strictly because of the subject matter.  The fact it was "CBS" cemented it for me.

Let's not forget this was around the time a rodeo clown wearing an Obama facemask was fired and never heard from again.   :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 01:55:36 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #156 on: December 31, 2020, 01:58:04 pm »
copy of post from ATS thread... at link

I guess I'm not alone here:

Are We Headed For Jericho?

A friend recently turned me on to the CBS television series, Jericho. I watch so little network television that I confess to never having seen the show before this week. Obviously, then, I am quite uninformed as to the overall plot and previous episodes. What I saw Tuesday evening, however, stunned me. Why?

Because it very aptly depicted what could become a very real-life scenario for these United States in the not-so-distant future. If I accurately picked up the basic plot of the show, average, freedom-loving citizens in the Western U.S. are fighting against tyrannical elements of their own government, including military forces.

The State of Texas has declared its independence from the corrupt new government and another civil war is breaking out in America. And all this was predicated upon a nuclear attack, which some believed was an inside job. Am I close?

Contributing further to my amazement was the way Jericho used real-life political events to depict America's fall into tyranny. I was flabbergasted to see the characters of Jericho refer to the Continuity of Government act as the foundation for the government's declaration of martial law after the nuclear attack had occurred.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Continuity of Government (COG) act is not television make-believe: it is the real deal.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:32:26 pm by DCPatriot »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2020, 11:22:23 pm »
The best movie for New Year's Eve:
"The Time Machine" (1960 version by George Pal starring Rod Taylor).
George, the time traveler, "made his trip" on that night in 1899.

1080p copy here:
https://tpb20.ukpass.co/description.php?id=10447441

720p copy here:
https://tpb20.ukpass.co/description.php?id=10398747

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #158 on: January 01, 2021, 03:54:41 am »
The Last Kingdom on Netflix, is probably my choice for best series.

So gripping from the start, the 'Bond-like' music-video was more an interruption than anything entertaining.

Check it out!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #159 on: January 01, 2021, 03:57:28 am »
I just got done with Stargate SG-1, the full series end to end...
Now watching Stargate Atlantis on DailyMotion, figuring to go on to Stargate Continuum (which I have never seen)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: January 01, 2021, 03:58:36 am »

So gripping from the start, the 'Bond-like' music-video was more an interruption than anything entertaining.

Check it out!

It's good... But longmire is the best thing on Netflix.  :beer:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2021, 04:24:44 am »
It's good... But longmire is the best thing on Netflix.  :beer:

Loved Longmire!

Not only a different league, an entirely different sport.

:laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2021, 05:41:33 am »

Loved Longmire!

:laugh:

@DCPatriot

Homeland and Breaking Bad are pretty damn good,too!

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2021, 08:23:44 pm »
sneakypete...Jericho, I started to watch it last night.  This is a show from 2006 -2008.  I did watch this many years ago, and realized it once I started watching it.  However, I forgot what exactly happens, and yes, this series came to an unusual and abrupt ending.

Could something like Jericho happen today?  Well, more so than when it first came out in 2006.  And since then, The Road was made, and when I saw that, I thought, just no way this happens.  Well now I believe either scenario could well happen at any time.  This nation no longer has the security it once had.  With the massive corruption of the Democommie Party and the media, anything can happen.  There is no longer any integrity in this nation.

I bought a survivalist book, how to on everything for survival.  I am thinking I really need to read that book right about now in preparation for the sh*t hitting the fan.  Better to be prepared, and not ever need certain things, than to be caught totally unprepared.

So, I will watch Jericho again.  It has been about 11 years since I watched it.  I never watched it when it was running on TV.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #164 on: January 02, 2021, 11:17:22 pm »
Tonight's movie:
"Time Changer"
https://tubitv.com/movies/445085/time-changer
"A Bible scholar living in 1890 climbs aboard a time machine to see how the book he wrote will affect future generations and is stunned by the results. Gavin MacLeod, Hal Linden"
(free to watch on tubitv.com -- never been there before)

Tomorrow night's movie:
Atlas Shrugged, part 2 (of three).

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2021, 07:17:43 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WBbcI8ZVYQ

Verse 1]
There once was a ship that put to sea
And the name of that ship was the Billy o' Tea
The winds blew hard, her bow dipped down
Blow, me bully boys, blow (Huh!)

[Chorus]
Soon may the Wellerman come
To bring us sugar and tea and rum
One day, when the tonguin' is done
We'll take our leave and go

[Verse 2]
She had not been two weeks from shore
When down on her a right whale bore
The captain called all hands and swore
He'd take that whale in tow (Hah!)

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
Before the boat had hit the water
The whale's tail came up and caught her
All hands to the side, harpooned and fought her
When she dived down below (Huh!)

[Chorus]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:50:27 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2021, 07:20:45 pm »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2021, 07:26:25 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyPuey-1Jw

Thanks. Nothing better than a little Irish folk music (the very best) early in the morning.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2021, 07:33:16 pm »
I am watching HULU and lots of good stuff out there.
Chance -- it is a continuation in a way of House. It's good.

TABOO
Some wild weird crazy shit. This is not for everybody. But it is well made and impactful.

Amazon Prime

Goliath - Amazon Prime - it's a good watch

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2021, 07:38:32 pm »
Thanks. Nothing better than a little Irish folk music (the very best) early in the morning.
That was my life for many a year.
Hail Davy Jones!
Hail King Neptune!
More than a song for me. I lived it.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2021, 06:46:00 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L7Ik61BDzE

Soon may the Wellerman come...for us all.

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2021, 11:03:57 am »
Well, watched Jericho in its entirety and just finished a minute ago.  I suppose this is more realistic now than when it was made in 2006 -2008.  In fact, I can see this happening easily.

As it is, we have a false candidate that will be installed as POTUS in two weeks.  Traitor Joe is no more entitled to be POTUS than I am.  Treason has run amuck for years in Washington, and no one lifted a single finger to address it.  NO ONE!!!

Even Trump did not put people in place to address it, and they answer to him.  Sometime awhile back I noticed Trump changed in how he approached his job as POTUS.  I suspect he was told to ease up on his agenda, or he might find members of his family having Clinton style accidents.  Let's face it, he had whole agencies betray the oath they took allegiance to.  The FBI and DOJ are completely corrupt.  Nothing about either organization is straight and representing the Constitution.  And we also know the SCOTUS is also corrupt and not worth a good BM. 

How do we come back from this?  If the Dems sweep Georgia for the Senate seats, there is no return.  The republic is dead.  And even if one of them wins, it is the slim majority of one, and the stinking RINOs often do not align themselves with the Republicans on important issues.  So, with one or two seats going to the Republicans, it leaves the republic on life support.

Dominion systems must be purged from use within the USA, along with ANY SOFTWARE created in another country.  If that change is not made, then we will not have fair and honest elections.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2021, 02:31:34 pm »
Well, watched Jericho in its entirety and just finished a minute ago.  I suppose this is more realistic now than when it was made in 2006 -2008.  In fact, I can see this happening easily.

As it is, we have a false candidate that will be installed as POTUS in two weeks.  Traitor Joe is no more entitled to be POTUS than I am.  Treason has run amuck for years in Washington, and no one lifted a single finger to address it.  NO ONE!!!

Even Trump did not put people in place to address it, and they answer to him.  Sometime awhile back I noticed Trump changed in how he approached his job as POTUS.  I suspect he was told to ease up on his agenda, or he might find members of his family having Clinton style accidents.  Let's face it, he had whole agencies betray the oath they took allegiance to.  The FBI and DOJ are completely corrupt.  Nothing about either organization is straight and representing the Constitution.  And we also know the SCOTUS is also corrupt and not worth a good BM. 

How do we come back from this?  If the Dems sweep Georgia for the Senate seats, there is no return.  The republic is dead.  And even if one of them wins, it is the slim majority of one, and the stinking RINOs often do not align themselves with the Republicans on important issues.  So, with one or two seats going to the Republicans, it leaves the republic on life support.

Dominion systems must be purged from use within the USA, along with ANY SOFTWARE created in another country.  If that change is not made, then we will not have fair and honest elections.

@jafo2010

I am of the opinion the future of America is no longer in the hands of the creatures we call "politicians". We have reached the point the people need to be heard from that support the US Consitution,and public hangings of elected officials as well as those who handle them in the background.

The present situation will never change as long as the globalists are allowed to get away with a combination of threats against family and bribes of elected officials,with no.side for them.

It is past time for their method of bribery combined with physical threats to be met with the punishment treason deserves.

I am not even sure it matters if the Dims take Georgia or not anymore. After all,how big is a 2 vote edge in this day of influencing votes with threats to self and family members?

Offline jafo2010

« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2021, 07:59:28 pm »
Sneakypete...I honestly don't think it makes much difference, but the Democommies have it in mind to seize power and keep it permanently.  They add two states, and maybe six states if they decide to divide California, then the Dems will hold the Senate forever. 

So, those two seats do make a difference.  Plus on healthcare, if anyone believes full government healthcare and the elimination of private health insurance would be better, you just do not understand how government pisses away money on nothing.  Huge sums and much higher taxes to make it all work at a mediocre level.  Wait times will push out to 2x or 3x what they are at present.  Taxes paid will double at a minimum, and fraud and abuse will go through the roof!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2021, 12:21:48 am »
Sneakypete...I honestly don't think it makes much difference, but the Democommies have it in mind to seize power and keep it permanently.  They add two states, and maybe six states if they decide to divide California, then the Dems will hold the Senate forever. 

So, those two seats do make a difference.  Plus on healthcare, if anyone believes full government healthcare and the elimination of private health insurance would be better, you just do not understand how government pisses away money on nothing. Huge sums and much higher taxes to make it all work at a mediocre level.  Wait times will push out to 2x or 3x what they are at present.  Taxes paid will double at a minimum, and fraud and abuse will go through the roof!!!

@jafo2010

While health care conglomerates doubt and triple fees and rake in more money while providing fewer services.