Author Topic: Trump Is Not Responsible for the Death of a Man Who Swallowed Fish Tank Cleaner  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Self-medicating? Pet stores are pharmacies?

Well, folks on DU are lapping up this lunatic Gotcha-Trump, https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213159317 .

TBR does not have enough *****rollingeyes***** s in TBR's cyber-warehouse.

There's been a run on the  *****rollingeyes***** smilies.  We might have to limit them to two per post....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"all of his buddies said that this was safe" - untrue. The woman didn't hear what she says she heard.
A lot of people hear stuff Trump didn't say because of his atrocious reading and speaking skills.  I'm willing to agree Trump didn't say it, but I'm unwilling to say she didn't believe that was what he was saying. Lots of people interpreted "These prohibitions will not only apply to the tremendous amount of trade and cargo, but various other things as we get approval. Anything coming from Europe to the United States is what we are discussing," to mean a ban on trade and cargo from Europe.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-coronavirus-trade-travel-ban-1491865

In the aftermath of Trump's comments, U.S. stock futures fell sharply with Dow Jones Industrial Average futures trading more than 600 points lower

Offline mortarman

I beliebe that what happened was, that he was listening to the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda's interpretation of what President Trump said an' jus' like when Pajamaboy Whistleblower Eric Ciaramella tole Pencil-Neck Skillethead that he heard third hand about the phone call. An' look at how many lives were ruined. What it is here is that the Left-wing Fascist Agenda doesn't care who gets hurt, as long as they can pin the blame on their enemies.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have an idea where. 
I don't care how much you hate me, disingenuity is not a good look.
If the packet says "not for human consumption" are you going to rush to take it, even if you have no indication you have the disease you are allegedly taking it for?

Chloroquine and HydroxyChloroquine are made and marketed (under prescription) for human use, primarily as anti malarial, for rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and in the systemic therapy of amebic liver abscesses.

No mention of HOW MUCH they took, nor what they took it with, either.

If you are not a doctor nor a chemist, self-medicating can be a crapshoot. Self medicating with compounds not for human consumption is more into dangerous territory, and guessing dosages is like handloading rifle cartridges with an unknown powder. You might get away with it, but sooner or later, you're going to have a problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

If the packet says "not for human consumption" are you going to rush to take it, even if you have no indication you have the disease you are allegedly taking it for?

No.  The couple are huge idiots, and the husband is a deserving Darwin Award winner. 

Chloroquine and HydroxyChloroquine are made and marketed (under prescription) for human use, primarily as anti malarial, for rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and in the systemic therapy of amebic liver abscesses.

No mention of HOW MUCH they took, nor what they took it with, either.

If you are not a doctor nor a chemist, self-medicating can be a crapshoot. Self medicating with compounds not for human consumption is more into dangerous territory, and guessing dosages is like handloading rifle cartridges with an unknown powder. You might get away with it, but sooner or later, you're going to have a problem.

It says not for ingestion on my Listerine too.  *bouche* I figured it was just a general rule like wait an hour after a meal to swim, or don't smoke in bed, or that other BS

Offline verga

Sadly, there is still no cure for stupidity.
@Polly Ticks Well technically... Death......
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 12:54:47 pm by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Polly Ticks

@Polly Ticks Well technically... Death......

@verga
Ha! Depends on how you look at it, I guess.  The guy died at least a couple of days ago but we're still talking about the stupidity of it.
 :shrug:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@verga
Ha! Depends on how you look at it, I guess.  The guy died at least a couple of days ago but we're still talking about the stupidity of it.
 :shrug:

A few weeks ago, there were reports of Iranians self-medicating with Wood Alcohol (Methanol) for COVID-19 cures. 

Seems we have a few "Darwin Award" nominatons in this country to add to the Persian list. 

Point is....   MD's, Pharmacist, etc. go to school 8-10 years to understand the efficacy of cures and treatments.  Trying stuff on your own whims is a true game of Russian Roulette.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 01:40:44 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Polly Ticks

A few weeks ago, there were reports of Iranians self-medicating with Wood Alcohol (Methanol) for COVID-19 cures. 

Seems we have a few "Darwin Award" nominatons in this country to add to the Persian list. 

Point is....   MD's, Pharmacist, etc. go to school 8-10 years to understand the efficacy of cures and treatments.  Trying stuff on your own whims is a true game of Russain Roulette.

Yep.  I'm not going to try to take out my own appendix, or prescribe my own medications either.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

I'm seeing a lot of chatter on twitter that fish-cleaner-chemical-man didn't kill himself, and perhaps it was murder...the quote "all of his buddies said that this was safe" now sounds suspect to me.  I'd be interested to know the wife's condition.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm seeing a lot of chatter on twitter that fish-cleaner-chemical-man didn't kill himself, and perhaps it was murder...the quote "all of his buddies said that this was safe" now sounds suspect to me.  I'd be interested to know the wife's condition.
Me too. I've heard that some people were telling him that it is safe and good for you.
Practical joke? maybe
They just wanted to see if he was stupid enough to do it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I'll drink to that.   :beer:

I got a question to your question. Is the best little whore house in Texas?

I'm sad to tell you, Sheriff Jim shut it down in 1973.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/arts/author-jayme-blaschke-is-setting-the-record-straight-on-texas-most-famous-brothel-8469318

Offline Smokin Joe

Yep.  I'm not going to try to take out my own appendix, or prescribe my own medications either.

Oh, I dunno. Dental work is a real challenge, though... :silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Oh, I dunno. Dental work is a real challenge, though... :silly:

I did have a Shipmate that lost a filling and Bondo'd his tooth.

Offline Smokin Joe

I did have a Shipmate that lost a filling and Bondo'd his tooth.
That beats the heck out of open air on a nerve, but most folks just use dental wax for a temp until they can get it drilled and filled. Emergency dental kits are on the market, have been for some time, but they are a temporary fix to get you to the pros.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That beats the heck out of open air on a nerve, but most folks just use dental wax for a temp until they can get it drilled and filled. Emergency dental kits are on the market, have been for some time, but they are a temporary fix to get you to the pros.
But the pros. are expensive and wax is too short term, what about just looking in the old tool box for a more permanent fix? 

Offline goatprairie

But the pros. are expensive and wax is too short term, what about just looking in the old tool box for a more permanent fix? 
What's wrong with duct tape?

Offline Smokin Joe

Problem is, that traps the decay bacteria in the hole, and the ensuing decay and infection can be a real problem.
@goatprairie I don't think the duct tape would last much longer than the wax.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:12:18 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline mortarman

I work at an auto parts supply store an' we got both Bondo an' J-B Weld. I didn't know we were also in the dental supply bidniss. Come to think of it, we also sell those N95 masks.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What we may be forgetting here is, you have to eventually see a pro to fill it, and I can imagine how difficult it must be for a Dentist to chisel out the Bondo.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
What we may be forgetting here is, you have to eventually see a pro to fill it, and I can imagine how difficult it must be for a Dentist to chisel out the Bondo.  :shrug:

Nah! With one of these puppies Bondo don't have a chance.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Nah! With one of these puppies Bondo don't have a chance.

You have a point.  I never could get that shit to stay on my car, back in the day.
I will NOT comply.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
He looked stupid enough as it was, but especially so when he was going around trying to keep his mouth open until the bondo set. He was crazy, but loved electronics. He was a loyal member of the Illegal Radio Operators of America. His home rig started out as a 500 watt ham transceiver that he added sets of paralleled amplifier tubes so he could step it all the way up to 10kw. He hated to be talked over. In his car he ran 2kw. He had no problem when we were out at sea for him to talk to his sister back home. The FCC kept seizing his equipment, but he'd just make more.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He looked stupid enough as it was, but especially so when he was going around trying to keep his mouth open until the bondo set. He was crazy, but loved electronics. He was a loyal member of the Illegal Radio Operators of America. His home rig started out as a 500 watt ham transceiver that he added sets of paralleled amplifier tubes so he could step it all the way up to 10kw. He hated to be talked over. In his car he ran 2kw. He had no problem when we were out at sea for him to talk to his sister back home. The FCC kept seizing his equipment, but he'd just make more.

I used to work in a radio station, and people like that really pissed me off.  The spurious emissions from those rigs would bleed into my equipment.  Whenever a trucker keyed up his souped-up CB rig in front of the station, I'd run out with my binoculars to catch the license plate, and turn that sucker in because he just ruined a half our of my production work.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:55:32 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.