Author Topic: Democrats press for more stimulus funding to boost mail-in voting  (Read 342 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats press for more stimulus funding to boost mail-in voting
By Maggie Miller - 03/23/20 07:11 PM EDT

Democrats and election security advocates are insisting that funds for mail-in and absentee voting be included in a massive economic stimulus package to ensure the November elections proceed smoothly.

The GOP-controlled Senate and Democratic House are split on how much federal funding to provide to states as Election Day draws near amid the cloud of the coronavirus.

Senate Republicans have included $140 million in their coronavirus supplemental bill, while the competing House version calls for $4 billion to boost voting by mail and other measures to ensure elections this year are not interrupted.

For Senate Democrats, the GOP proposal is not nearly enough.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/489113-democrats-press-stimulus-funding-boost-mail-in-voting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Democrats press for more stimulus funding to boost mail-in voting
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 12:36:48 am »
Of course they are. Ballot box stuffing is the only hope they have left of surviving as a party with power.

This virus seemed like a gift from heaven for them,but now it's starting to look like Trump is going to not only survive their slanderous attacks,but is going to come out of it looking like a genuine leader.

They are SOOOO screwed,and it couldn't happen to more deserving people.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 02:32:00 am »
Of course they are. Ballot box stuffing is the only hope they have left of surviving as a party with power.

This virus seemed like a gift from heaven for them,but now it's starting to look like Trump is going to not only survive their slanderous attacks,but is going to come out of it looking like a genuine leader.

They are SOOOO screwed,and it couldn't happen to more deserving people.

Ballot harvesting doomed the Pubs in California and was a big part of the Rats gaining control of the House.

In Ballot harvesting a single Rat operative can walk through a neighborhood and get people to sign filled out ballots which will then be counted in an election.

We are going to be better off with no relief than with anything that includes this. I think it's a big part of why Trump is now starting to talk about ending the shut down after next week. It looks like there are theraputic treatments that are saving lives.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:32:49 am by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 03:25:24 am »
NO! Am I shouting?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.