Author Topic: Senate fails to advance coronavirus stimulus bill for second time in two days  (Read 591 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate fails to advance coronavirus stimulus bill for second time in two days
By Jordain Carney - 03/23/20 02:09 PM EDT

The Senate on Monday failed to advance a massive coronavirus stimulus package for the second time in as many days.

Senators voted 49-46, falling short of the three-fifths support necessary to move forward with a “shell” bill, which the text of the agreement would ultimately be swapped into.

Democratic Sen. Doug Jones (Ala.) broke with the party to vote in support of the measure.

The failed vote comes as negotiators have been in around-the-clock meetings over the past four days to try to close an agreement. Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin met at least six times on Sunday, and restarted talks after 9 a.m. on Monday.

Schumer said shortly before the vote that he was “confident” that they would be able to get an agreement on Monday.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/489033-senate-fails-to-advance-coronavirus-stimulus-bill-for-second-time-in-two-days
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Have to admit the Dems have quite a set of brass ones on them.  They help craft a bill then turn around...refuse to pass it and blame the Republicans for it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Have to admit the Dems have quite a set of brass ones on them.  They help craft a bill then turn around...refuse to pass it and blame the Republicans for it.

Always worked for them in the past.

Of course they're depending upon the media toads to carry their message for them. Lessee if the rat media are willing to do the same for them in these current circumstances.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Always worked for them in the past.

Of course they're depending upon the media toads to carry their message for them. Lessee if the rat media are willing to do the same for them in these current circumstances.

They already are...the NYT already changed it's headline on the initial vote last night to make it not as harsh towards the Dems.

The MSM has carried the water for them so far...don't expect them to change now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They already are...the NYT already changed it's headline on the initial vote last night to make it not as harsh towards the Dems.

The MSM has carried the water for them so far...don't expect them to change now.

Correct.  The Rats will be wearing the white hats by press time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

The Rats lust for power and control over our lives is so all consuming they don't care if they push the country into a depression.

We could have had a V shaped recovery where businesses would just reopen, employees came back and demand was stronger than before. All we needed to do was give interest free loans to businesses, extend support to the state unemployment insurance programs and send out checks to individuals. Now any compromise legislation will have so much red tape and garbage in it that any recovery will be sluggish at best and a lot of small businesses will just close up.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Oh, no worries.  Nancy has stated that the House has already drafted a bill.   9999hair out0000

This only indicates to me that Trump has made some progress in combating this virus and is getting a few pats on his back ... no they can't have that.  They need Uncle Joe in the oval office.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Oh, no worries.  Nancy has stated that the House has already drafted a bill.   9999hair out0000

Drafted and passed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

This only indicates to me that Trump has made some progress in combating this virus and is getting a few pats on his back ... no they can't have that.  They need Uncle Joe in the oval office.

I'm with you! A big part of this garbage from the Rats is to try and make Trump look bad. They will fail. Trump will point out on a non-stop basis how they politicized this crisis. The problem is the recovery is going to be tougher than it had to be.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Drafted and passed.

I smell a setup.  IMHO they had this new bill ready to go before the alleged bipartisan one they helped to craft then blocked.

Offline skeeter

I smell a setup.  IMHO they had this new bill ready to go before the alleged bipartisan one they helped to craft then blocked.

It’s the same bill they always propose. The usual wish list for donors.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Well, duh!  @skeeter's on the money.  As usual.
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

Offline mrclose

It’s the same bill they always propose. The usual wish list for donors.

@skeeter

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

This pisses me off to no end.

Trump should be screaming at the top of his lungs at his presser - its a testament to his self control that he isn't.