Author Topic: New York Times Backtracks On Headline Blaming Democrats For Failed Stimulus Bill  (Read 216 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 New York Times Backtracks On Headline Blaming Democrats For Failed Stimulus Bill
March 23, 2020 By Tristan Justice

On Sunday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi torpedoed the third installment of the bipartisan Wuhan virus stimulus bill negotiated in the upper chamber to provide additional relief to those impacted by the economic fallout.

With no end in sight to the government-sanctioned shut down, the Senate prepared a $1.8 trillion relief package to put cash in the hands of laid off workers. The proposal however, wasn’t enough for Pelosi who came back from vacation to kill the bill.

When reporting on the Democratic blunder, The New York Times got the headline right the first time, only to change it three times to appease readers upset that the first two described the Democratic response honestly, but negatively.

“Democrats Block Action on $1.8 Trillion Stimulus,” the Times wrote first.

“Democrats Block Action on Stimulus Plan, Seeking Worker Protections,” it said next.

“Partisan Divide Threatens Deal On Rescue Bill,” the paper had settled on before changing it again after being called out by conservatives.

Now the headline reads, “Emergency Economic Rescue Plan in Limbo as Democrats Block Action.”

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/23/new-york-times-backtracks-on-headline-blaming-democrats-for-failed-stimulus-bill/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mortarman

I guess that direct line from the Dis-Loyal Opposition to the Propaganda Ministry For the Left-wing Fascist Agenda is intact.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline Hoodat

Trump Refusal to Resign Blocks Progress on Aid Package
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-