Author Topic: Sticking points force stimulus package talks to spill into Sunday  (Read 200 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sticking points force stimulus package talks to spill into Sunday
By Jordain Carney and Alexander Bolton - 03/21/20 09:15 PM EDT

Senate negotiators will return to work on Sunday after failing to reach a bipartisan agreement “in principle” Saturday evening on a massive stimulus package, despite reporting significant areas of consensus.

Lawmakers had hoped to finalize a deal on Saturday evening after missing a deadline Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) had set for the end of the day Friday.

Instead, negotiators will work to resolve disagreements in several areas ahead of a key procedural vote scheduled for 3 p.m. Sunday.

"You're not going to have a product that's signed off by everybody tonight because there's still a couple of outstanding issues, but it will include a lot of Democratic ideas. So in that sense, it will reflect a Democrat and Republican approach," said Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio).

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said he was “optimistic” there would be a deal but added that “we're going to continue working through the night.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/488844-sticking-points-force-stimulus-package-talks-to-spill-into-sunday
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Re: Sticking points force stimulus package talks to spill into Sunday
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 04:54:44 pm »
...but it will include a lot of Democratic ideas.

Now, I'm starting to get nervous.

It's bad enough that we've stopped a great deal of economic activity and caused a lot of people to become unemployed because of the Wuhan Flu, which has only caused 388 deaths, but now we are giving the Rats the opportunity to push their authoritarian goals onto all of us. I'm praying that everything in the stimulus sunsets after a couple months.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home