Author Topic: US coronavirus cases surpass 35,000, now the third-highest infected nation in the world  (Read 367 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Certainly not good news.  I believe this is day 7 of the 15 day attempt to soften the "curve".  Death toll is around 1%.

US coronavirus cases surpass 35,000, now the third-highest infected nation in the world

The number of new coronavirus cases in the U.S. surpassed 35,000 on Monday, making it the nation with the third-highest number of infections in the world, behind only Italy and China.

The death toll in the U.S. from the COVID-19 virus reached 471 — the sixth highest in the world.

U.S. health officials have said coronavirus cases will rise as testing becomes more widely available.

All 50 states have reported confirmed cases of coronavirus. New York has the largest number of cases at nearly 17,000, after seeing a 37.4 percent spike Monday.

Washington state has the second-highest number of cases, at 1,996.............

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-coronavirus-case-numbers
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline goatprairie

I've been to a number of websites that have said as the infection numbers rise, the mortality rate has been going down.
From latest numbers it looks like the mortality rate has been steadily dropping and is now down to about one percent. The story I read from The Gateway Pundit  said that if six out of seven cases are not being reported, then the mortality rate is about one tenth of one percent.
That is about what you'd get from the flu.
If those numbers are correct, and they hold, then there is no reason not to restart the economy.
Elderly retired and the medically vulnerable should stay quarantined, the rest should go back to work.