Author Topic: One joint can cause psychotic symptoms, study shows  (Read 583 times)

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
One joint can cause psychotic symptoms, study shows
« on: March 20, 2020, 04:42:49 am »
Quote from: article
"Our finding that THC can temporarily induce psychiatric symptoms in healthy volunteers highlights the risks associated with the use of THC-containing cannabis products," said study leader Oliver Howes, of King's College London. His team also found no evidence that another marijuana component, CBD (cannabidiol), in any way lessened the effects of THC. On the other hand, CBD appeared to play no role in spurring psychiatric symptoms, the researchers said.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/03/18/One-joint-can-cause-psychotic-symptoms-study-shows/6811584561654/?spt=slh&or=10

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

Re: One joint can cause psychotic symptoms, study shows
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 04:46:59 am »
Personal experience I relayed over the years was I tried one joint as a college kid, it upset me so violently I never wanted to try another drug... Thank you Jesus.

Funny the folks that said I was lying (another forum)....
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 03:09:58 pm »
Personal experience I relayed over the years was I tried one joint as a college kid, it upset me so violently I never wanted to try another drug... Thank you Jesus.

@Sighlass

I don't know what you were smoking,but it wasn't marijuana.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 10:01:15 pm »
@Sighlass

I don't know what you were smoking,but it wasn't marijuana.

The hell it wasn't Pete, it was given to me by my cousin. We had a family function and he said "lets for for a ride, I want to hear your stereo system you brag about"... at the time I had a 18 speaker set up in my car that I was quite proud of (I did mention I was a kid). Anyhoo, as we were driving I noticed he took something out of a plastic bag and started rolling it. I had never seen the stuff up close before. He rolled down a window and smoked a joint (I was a little taken back by the experience), but said nothing... but I did ask him for one, which I took back to college with me.

So yes it was as I stated... (marijuana)... and it did exactly as I have said numerous time on this forum (and others including TOS). @sneakypete

Why would you imply I was lying?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:02:52 pm by Sighlass »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 11:46:03 pm »
@Sighlass

The hell it wasn't Pete, it was given to me by my cousin. We had a family function and he said "lets for for a ride, I want to hear your stereo system you brag about"... at the time I had a 18 speaker set up in my car that I was quite proud of (I did mention I was a kid). Anyhoo, as we were driving I noticed he took something out of a plastic bag and started rolling it. I had never seen the stuff up close before. He rolled down a window and smoked a joint (I was a little taken back by the experience), but said nothing... but I did ask him for one, which I took back to college with me.

So yes it was as I stated... (marijuana)... and it did exactly as I have said numerous time on this forum (and others including TOS).

Why would you imply I was lying? 

Maybe because you wrote YOU smoked it one time and it made you violent. I smoked it the first time in Jr high in the early 60's,and have literally smoked it with hundreds of people since then,and have never once seen anyone get anything but mellow.

In the second post it was your cousin that smoked it.

Which was it?

You were either lying,or someone gave you pot laced with PCP and didn't tell you.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2020, 12:36:33 am »

Their conclusions were published March 17 in The Lancet Psychiatry and were based on data from 15 previously published studies.

Were they shopping for an outcome?

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 12:46:40 am »
Well...one joint at this point in time may keep a lot of people from having psychotic symptoms...just sayin'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2020, 12:55:02 am »
@Sighlass

Maybe because you wrote YOU smoked it one time and it made you violent. I smoked it the first time in Jr high in the early 60's,and have literally smoked it with hundreds of people since then,and have never once seen anyone get anything but mellow.

Which was it?

You were either lying,or someone gave you pot laced with PCP and didn't tell you.

...hmm...70's for me here.  I do know that there are different types of weed and they have a different impact.  I agree, I don't know of anyone who has actually become violent smoking weed, but I've known people to become overly active, rather than mellow.  One might make that assumption that it could have easily been laced with something else.  I've also known some pot that makes people paranoid and I've also known one person that was actually allergic (or so they said).  Just my two cents.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2020, 12:56:50 am »

It probably depends on where you are between the ears...that first time.

My oldest son drove his car right onto his front lawn...like Ray Liotta in Goodfellas.  ROFL!!   Lost his mind! 

This was just before he left for Germany and Desert Storm.  He's 50 now.  We still laugh about it.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2020, 04:16:06 am »
...hmm...70's for me here.  I do know that there are different types of weed and they have a different impact.  I agree, I don't know of anyone who has actually become violent smoking weed, but I've known people to become overly active, rather than mellow.

If that is the case,it had "special added ingredients" .

One might make that assumption that it could have easily been laced with something else.

Yeah.

I've also known some pot that makes people paranoid

Well,which came first,the chicken or the egg?  Pot does NOT make people paranoid. They were already paranoid before they copped a buzz,and the buzz scared the hell out of them and that brought their paranoia  to the  forefront. I personally knew a couple of people that got so scared at being high they swore they would never smoke it again. It was just the way their minds/personalities were wired. Had nothing to do with the weed because I was smoking it with them and just caught a fine buzz,

I've also known one person that was actually allergic (or so they said).  Just my two cents.

I guess that is possible. People are allergic to all sorts of things.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2020, 06:37:57 am »
Well...one joint at this point in time may keep a lot of people from having psychotic symptoms...just sayin'.
Unless they get paranoid.

Even Cheech and Chong had fun with that...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2020, 08:07:43 am »
@Sighlass

Which was it?

Again, stop calling me a liar Pete... It makes you the liar and I didn't want to go there. I DID SMOKE it and IT WAS Mary Jane. @sneakypete

Good grief I know you are going through some mean chemo chemicals now days but not everyone is making stuff up just to make an anti-pot point.

I didn't want to write a novel, I just assumed you would understand I took the joint back to college where I smoked it... I certainly didn't want to try it and go home to my mother.....
I tried it the night I got back to my trailer... I smoked what was about a little over half of it, and it really did absolutely nothing. I went to bed. The next morning upon remembering it, I smoked the rest of the joint and had the violent reaction. At first, one side of me became hot, the other cold, I wrote it off as super feeling of the air conditioner. Then the music became increasingly loud, I turned it off. Then I decided to try a strawberry for some reason, Super Sweeeeeettt, Sweeet, Sweet, bitter, bitter, Bitttter, Really Bittttterr.... drank some water to clear the taste.... Then I noticed the clock... time had slowed down to a crawl.... it took what seemed to be a minute for one second to occur... I did not like the feeling and thought to myself this is going to take forever and it panicked and took off running out the door. I fell down in the yard and somewhat composed myself and went back inside... I laid down on the couch and woke up a day later (and missed a lot of classes)...

Now over the years like I claimed, I have relayed my experience a few times (for the longest time I kept a "WODer" in my avatar, but I recently changed it). Numerous times people have claimed as you have that the pot was "laced" with something... Except in my case, I have the perfect defense, it was given to me from the bag my cousin used, he had smoked it, I watched him roll it, it was the same stuff he smoked, and it was NOT laced with anything (and I did ask my cousin later).

Pot does not react to all people the same... Yet you do not see me calling you a liar for relaying your personal experiences with so-called HUNDREDS of fellow smokers.

So there you have it, One Joint, violent reaction. Just as I claimed... If all you can do is call me a liar again, then you go on ignore (a first for me).

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 08:09:13 am by Sighlass »