Author Topic: Top National Guard general refutes nationwide coronavirus quarantine rumors  (Read 460 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think we could  see a national quarantine-- whether there's been an discussion or not. Keep in mind that it was said a few days ago that we should see this virus peak in 45 days.  That's a very long time.  In 24 hours, the U.S. has experienced over 4,500 new cases.  Let's be real here ... that's in a 24 hour period and the peak is not expected for at least a month.  I think the projected worse case scenario of 2,000,000 in the U.S. becoming infected is conservative and more than likely.  In Florida in just a few days, cases have climbed from 219 to over 500...so the numbers have doubled.  New York already has over 5,000 cases.

Top National Guard general refutes nationwide coronavirus quarantine rumors

A top National Guard general on Friday refuted false rumors of martial law and a nationwide quarantine as troops continue to get called up amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"I hear unfounded rumors about #NationalGuard troops supporting a nationwide quarantine," tweeted Gen. Joseph Lengyel, chief of the National Guard Bureau. "Let me be clear: There has been no such discussion."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/national-guard-general-refutes-nationwide-quarantine-rumors

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-20-20-intl-hnk/h_db4fd89e0874221fa79bc4ad3c8d219d
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Idiot

They'll have to just shoot me because I'm still gonna put in my 3 miles a day at the park.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
They'll have to just shoot me because I'm still gonna put in my 3 miles a day at the park.

I hear ya.  I walk about 2 miles every day.  I usually walk first thing in the morning and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.  I have a treadmill for inclement weather or if I have to stick close to home for a reason ... but it's just not the same as actually getting out and going to the park.  We are expecting 6 new parks by the end of next year and I can't wait!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I never used to exercise much aside from what I get while working, but the Quest for the Mega Roll has worn the nubs off the soles of my workboots.  :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

No, the National Guard will not be used to enforce martial law, says its leader
Meghann Myers

As concerns spread, mostly across social media, that the thousands of National Guard troops activated in response to the coronavirus pandemic could be used in support of martial law, top officials within the Defense Department are hoping to dispel those rumors.

As it stands now, the 9,000 and counting troops mobilized in every U.S. state and territory are sticking to mobile testing, logistics, transportation and other non-law enforcement support to civilian authorities, National Guard bureau chief Air Force Gen. Joe Lengyel told reporters Tuesday.

“There is no discussion, there is no plan to use the National Guard ... to do quarantine or enforce shelter-in-place operations,” he said. “Once again, no plan to use the National Guard in any sort of large-scale lockdown capacity of the United States.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/03/24/no-the-national-guard-will-not-be-used-to-enforce-martial-law-says-its-leader/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They don't have the capability to do so anyway.
The Republic is lost.