Author Topic: Sanders still sees 'narrow path' to Democratic presidential nomination  (Read 318 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders still sees 'narrow path' to Democratic presidential nomination
By Tal Axelrod - 03/31/20 02:49 PM EDT

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) says he still sees a “narrow path” to the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination despite trailing former Vice President Joe Biden by an all but insurmountable margin among pledged delegates.

“We’re about 300 delegates behind. Biden has 1,200, we have 900,” Sanders said in an interview on NBC’s “Late Night with Seth Meyers” that aired late Monday night. “There is a path. It is admittedly a narrow path. But I would tell you, Seth, that there are a lot of people who are supporting me. We have a strong grass-roots movement who believe that we have got to stay in in order to continue the fight.”

The remarks indicate that Sanders will stay in the Democratic primary race despite a cavalcade of calls for him to withdraw, with many officials and observers citing Biden’s hefty advantage in delegates and national polling.

Sanders’s camp has insisted that the Vermont Independent could continue to tout progressive issues if he stays in the race and try to push Biden further to the left on topics such as health care, climate change and more. Liberals have also noted that Sanders may have an extended runway to stay in the race after the postponement of a litany of primaries, preventing Biden from obtaining the necessary number of delegates to clinch the nomination until June at the earliest.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/490413-sanders-still-sees-narrow-path-to-democratic-presidential-nomination
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline mortarman

Two chances. Slim an' none. An' Slim has already been tarred, feathered an' run out of town on a rail.

:pop41:

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline The_Reader_David

Would that narrow path perchance involve a step where Biden succumbs to the coronavirus?
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mortarman

Would that narrow path perchance involve a step where Biden succumbs to the coronavirus?

That would jus' be a fevered illusion.

:pop41:
The only controls I want on my guns are the ones that I operate myself such as trigger, bolt or slide, safety selector, magazine release an' optics. All others are unnecessary an' unwanted.

Offline libertybele

Bernie needs to stay home to avoid getting the corona virus and accept that his career as a politician is over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
I'm surprised Bernie has fizzled out with barely a whimper. He had a once-in-a-lifetime window to achieve his lifelong dream and let a senile imbecile stagger across the finish line ahead of him.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA