Author Topic: IT BEGINS: Police in New Jersey Arrest Homeowner For Hosting Wedding with More Than 50 People Amid C  (Read 829 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Gateway Pundit by Cristina Laila March 20, 2020

IT BEGINS: Police in New Jersey Arrest Homeowner For Hosting Wedding with More Than 50 People Amid Coronavirus Panic

A New Jersey homeowner was arrested for hosting a “pop-up wedding” with more than 50 people in attendance after the governor banned gatherings of over 50 people to combat the Coronavirus.

There are currently 890 confirmed cases of the Chinese Coronavirus in New Jersey and 11 deaths.

CBS Philly reported:

LAKEWOOD, N.J. (CBS) — Police in Ocean County have arrested a homeowner for hosting a pop-up wedding with more than 50 people in attendance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Earlier in the week, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy banned gatherings of 50 or more people in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/it-begins-police-in-new-jersey-arrest-homeowner-for-hosting-wedding-with-more-than-50-people-amid-coronavirus-panic/

Offline Idiot

Gateway Pundit by Cristina Laila March 20, 2020

IT BEGINS: Police in New Jersey Arrest Homeowner For Hosting Wedding with More Than 50 People Amid Coronavirus Panic

A New Jersey homeowner was arrested for hosting a “pop-up wedding” with more than 50 people in attendance after the governor banned gatherings of over 50 people to combat the Coronavirus.

There are currently 890 confirmed cases of the Chinese Coronavirus in New Jersey and 11 deaths.

CBS Philly reported:

LAKEWOOD, N.J. (CBS) — Police in Ocean County have arrested a homeowner for hosting a pop-up wedding with more than 50 people in attendance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Earlier in the week, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy banned gatherings of 50 or more people in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.

More: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/03/it-begins-police-in-new-jersey-arrest-homeowner-for-hosting-wedding-with-more-than-50-people-amid-coronavirus-panic/
In my city in Texas we are not supposed to be in groups of 10 or more.  As I was driving home today I saw 9 or 10 cars at a house...I guess I should call the police.  :police:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The clash begins...

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
There’s a little more to this story than reported in your article @Elderberry
@Smokin Joe @mrpotatohead

Lakewood has become the epicenter of COVID-19 in Ocean County with the township having 26 of the 53 known cases in the county, according to the Ocean County Health Department, whose own count was ahead of the state's official tally Friday afternoon.

Read More: Social-distancing trouble: Lakewood cops break up 17 gatherings | https://nj1015.com/social-distancing-trouble-lakewood-cops-break-up-17-gatherings/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

LAKEWOOD — More than a dozen property owners have been ticketed for violating Gov. Phil Murphy's coronavirus executive order prohibiting gatherings of more than 50 people.

Lakewood police spokesman Greg Staffordsmith said police received a number of complaints this week about weddings at catering halls and private homes. Police on Tuesday night broke up two weddings at the Lake Terrace and Fountain Ballroom that each had more than 50 attendees.

Read More: Social-distancing trouble: Lakewood cops break up 17 gatherings | https://nj1015.com/social-distancing-trouble-lakewood-cops-break-up-17-gatherings/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Check out the whole article. It wasn’t one gathering it was 17.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Check out the whole article. It wasn’t one gathering it was 17.

Lakewood. Enough said. My brother and SIL lived there for a few years and let's just say that the predominate demographic in that area pretty much act like laws and common curtesy doesn't apply to them. And not, that’s not being anti-Semitic because my brother’s landlord was Jewish and couldn’t stand them either.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Smokin Joe

There’s a little more to this story than reported in your article @Elderberry
@Smokin Joe @mrpotatohead
I just realized that is where the Hindenburg crashed and burned.
Maybe the residents feel they can tempt disaster, but considering the area is a hotbed of infection, that's pushing it.

Thanks for the perspective! @Gefn

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I just realized that is where the Hindenburg crashed and burned.
Maybe the residents feel they can tempt disaster, but considering the area is a hotbed of infection, that's pushing it.

Thanks for the perspective! @Gefn

No. That was Lakehurst. But only about 10 miles from Lakewood.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Smokin Joe

No. That was Lakehurst. But only about 10 miles from Lakewood.
Oh, heck, you're right. My bad! Thanks!

(See, if they'd just flown a little farther, they coulda crashed there!) :shrug: :laugh:

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Whatever happened to the old dictum, "Don't be stupid?"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Whatever happened to the old dictum, "Don't be stupid?"

@PeteS in CA  ever seen the “Jersey Shore”? We went from having people like Einstein and Godel to people like Snookie. Mike Judge was soooo right when he made “Idiocracy”

Online IsailedawayfromFR

In my city in Texas we are not supposed to be in groups of 10 or more.  As I was driving home today I saw 9 or 10 cars at a house...I guess I should call the police.  :police:
I have ten siblings.  Why in the world would we ever wish to not meet up together?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington